Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Wait what.

Is there going to be a season 3 of Tokyo Ghoul?

But... but how...

no, there are only OVAs (Jack, and then Pinto) scheduled

for anyone that plans to read the TG manga

Spoiler
i'll just tell you now because the odds of it having an S3 are abysmal

apparently kaneki survives but gets beaten retarded and gets put to work under CCG in some special unit

he's under a new alias

it seems the anime ending was intended to be open

i'm slightly disappointed

Error: 410

Spoiler

apparently kaneki survives but gets beaten retarded and gets put to work under CCG in some special unit

he's under a new alias

it seems the anime ending was intended to be open

i'm slightly disappointed

Damn that sucks

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Spoiler

he's under a new alias

RE is pretty well received though, and a lot of adult kaneki x touka doujinshi are appearing which is also a good indicator that it's well received in japan too.

Bought 4 deus ex games....Let's see how this goes.

You're in for a boring ride. The first deus ex games were revolutionary sure. But playing it at this age of gaming where every gameplay mechanic is Nth times better playing the first games would be a pain in the ass. Human revolution was pretty bland, it was only fun to play when you're playing on "Give me Deus Ex" and you're a stealth/hacker much more difficult if you go for the Pacifist achievement reward. It's hard to resist the urge to kill people.

edit: though I'd have to give eidos some credit to how non-linear each situation/map is you can literally go about it at your own pace, tactics, or path. I've got to admit I sometimes explored too much. Most sidequests actually affect your main quests in a big way unlike some out there.(I'm looking at you DA:I you and your useless wartable missions.)

i liked human revolution but never played the others

it's better that way. Even if the old games were revolutionary it's not worth the time and effort to play specially since the mechanics are very clunky. 

It's the same thing with Mass Effect, 1 was considered revolutionary with an amazing story line. But playing the first game for players nowadays would be frustrated on how devastatingly clunky and stupid the controls were for ME1

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

RE is pretty well received though, and a lot of adult kaneki x touka doujinshi are appearing which is also a good indicator that it's well received in japan too.

spoiler TG ending

Well i think kaneki dying and touka moving on and opening her own coffee shop as she dreamed is a very good ending, there's no need to ruin that

I guess people would rather keep watching something than let it have a great ending.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

spoiler TG ending

Well i think kaneki dying and touka moving on and opening her own coffee shop as she dreamed is a very good ending, there's no need to ruin that

I guess people would rather keep watching something than let it have a great ending.

kaneki didn't die, even the anime didn't show that

that wasn't a good ending at all, both for either anime/manga. There are still a lot of loosends and a lot of plotholes that need to be covered.

the manga beings split into parts is fairly common nowadays to either allow the mangaka to rest or pursue other projects. A good way of not rotting away and becoming a one-hit wonder.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

that wasn't a good ending at all, both for either anime/manga. There are still a lot of loosends and a lot of plotholes that need to be covered.

the manga beings split into parts is fairly common nowadays to either allow the mangaka to rest or pursue other projects. A good way of not rotting away and becoming a one-hit wonder.

Runs towards bad guy, towards the guy that made the big owl run away, you see someone white hair like falling to the ground. To think he died is not crazy.

What loosends do you mean? I think there's stuff not explained maybe, or that could be, but not really loosends.

Runs towards bad guy, towards the guy that made the big owl run away, you see someone white hair like falling to the ground. To think he died is not crazy.

What loosends do you mean? I think there's stuff not explained maybe, or that could be, but not really loosends.

stuff that aren't explained are loose ends.

pretty sure they said Kaneki is very unique and might be better off at their side. I'm not sure if the anime/manga adaptations said this.

Plus falling hair isn't really a sign of death now, is it? 

in any case he's still alive and was just repurposed/re-educated to lose his memories of the past and serve the opposition instead as one of their top agents.

let's be real, most things these days have a ton of plot holes and loose ends

and at the end of the TG anime it was

Spoiler
HEAVILY implied that he died

kaneki was surrounded by CCG agents and the strongest baddest motherfucker they have was right there too meanwhile Kaneki was was all "woe is me muh bro is kill"

the case clicking was pretty clear, IMO

let's be real, most things these days have a ton of plot holes and loose ends

and at the end of the TG anime it was

Spoiler
HEAVILY implied that he died

kaneki was surrounded by CCG agents and the strongest baddest motherfucker they have was right there too meanwhile Kaneki was was all "woe is me muh bro is kill"

the case clicking was pretty clear, IMO

well then I must be a pretty optimistic guy.

:)

plus I already knew RE was out so I definitely knew by that time that Kaneki is still alive 

well then I must be a pretty optimistic guy.

:)

plus I already knew RE was out so I definitely knew by that time that Kaneki is still alive 

most people would assume he died if they didn't know anything about the manga

I assumed :re was going to have a different main character or not follow the same timeline, I didn't realize until I just googled when cousin niko brought up S3 and I saw kaneki as the main

stuff that aren't explained are loose ends.

pretty sure they said Kaneki is very unique and might be better off at their side. I'm not sure if the anime/manga adaptations said this.

Plus falling hair isn't really a sign of death now, is it? 

in any case he's still alive and was just repurposed/re-educated to lose his memories of the past and serve the opposition instead as one of their top agents.

Just rewatched the part where touka sees him with hide in his arms, and yomo stops her, he says "yoshimura(old man) told me to do this last job for him". He let kaneki go and die the way he wants to, he stopped touka from preventing it and have a painful experience and probably die along kaneki because he was going directly to a death sentence.

Thats why i think what i think about the ending. But if he's the MC of a 3rd season then uhg...

I liked d.gery-man but I cant recommend it. The story just stopped in the anime as well as the manga although I have heard they have started working on the manga again

Yay.

Some Vitalius Life Updates:

1. God is awesome.

What a way to start a life update, huh? Well, I have OC's (Original Characters). The one I use the most atm has my favorite voice and I love to hear her sing. 

All of a sudden, I forget what her voice sounds like. I spend 48 hours trying to remember it. No go. Then while hitting that point of "So frustrated, I'm on the verge of giving up on it." a song comes on and bam. I can hear it loud and clear. 

I even got to the point of giving her other character's voices to see how she'd seem with them. Her with her dad's voice was humorous. 

Me gusta. 

2. One Plus One's "tempered glass" is bull shit. 

Went from yay to nay real fast, ay? 

Yeah. I dropped this sum bitch once. Once. And the edges are cracked on the tempered glass. The actual screen is fine, but if the tempered glass broke that easily (it was neither a hard nor soft drop. It was more like the area in between), then I question why I have it at all. It landed on Asphalt. It was it's christening drop.

3. Math is awesome.

While I was driving around doing work today, I had a thought: How many degrees does a sphere have, if a circle has 360?

That is some showerthought level shit.

I'm sure there's an answer or it's a stupid question, but either way, I refuse to look up that answer until I share what idea I had.

Basically, a sphere is a circle in 3D. If you take two circles, and lay one along the X & Y axes (so it would appear flat, pressed against the X axis plane), and the other along the X & Z axes (so it would appear flat, pressed against the Y axis plane), and overlay them such that one bisects the other at a 90 degree angle (where their center is the origin), the degrees of those two circles can represent any direction. You don't need a circle along the Y & Z axes because the combination of the other two can represent a degree in that direction.

So, figuring out how many degrees a sphere has is as simple as 3602. That sounds right to me, but I'm sure it's retarded in some way. For example, at the point where both circles intersect, they'd share the same degree. So you'd have to subtract 1 for each point where they intersect along their edges (they do it twice, so it's now 3602-2), so you wouldn't count the same degree twice. 

So my answer is that a sphere has 129,598 degrees. That doesn't sound right, but I don't know enough about math to debate it.

@helping How high am I? (I mean math score wise, ofc)

4. Not moving into my apartment tonight.

Had to install a 90 inch TV today. The thing was 141lbs (63.96kgs) on it's own, without the box and such. Had to drive for 2+ hours alone, not counting install time.

I got off work at 8:30PM. For varying reasons added on the the above. So no time to move stuff and I'm tired.

Yay, one more night with internet.

I think that's it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Music mood right now, I am really enjoying Future Bass stuff alot now.

Well if you like those with some high pitched female vocal(which somehow makes things sound better) Petit Biscuit has a really nice collection ;)

Oh and these 2 that you might have already chanced upon 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Damn I could get a:

ASUS Z8NA-D6 Server Board (ATX Dual Socket)

24gb of Registered DDR3 ECC RAM

Dual Xeon E5540 (4cores, 8threads each)

All for $345 CDN ($260 US)

Its really tempting to build an overkill NAS. Run some Plex with dual Xeons.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Do any of you know of a good alternative to Adobe Premier? I don't want to pay $20 a month if I don't have to.

Didn't feel like posting a new thread.  ^_^

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Do any of you know of a good alternative to Adobe Premier? I don't want to pay $20 a month if I don't have to.

Didn't feel like posting a new thread.  ^_^

maybe sony vegas(or whatever its called)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

maybe sony vegas(or whatever its called)

That's more expensive than Adobe though.

Wait I see Movie Studio 13 from them for $50 do you think that's good? I don't need something extreme.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

well there are 2 different vegas versions pro and movie

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

1. Math is awesome.

While I was driving around doing work today, I had a thought: How many degrees does a sphere have, if a circle has 360?

That is some showerthought level shit.

I'm sure there's an answer or it's a stupid question, but either way, I refuse to look up that answer until I share what idea I had.

Basically, a sphere is a circle in 3D. If you take two circles, and lay one along the X & Y axes (so it would appear flat, pressed against the X axis plane), and the other along the X & Z axes (so it would appear flat, pressed against the Y axis plane), and overlay them such that one bisects the other at a 90 degree angle (where their center is the origin), the degrees of those two circles can represent any direction. You don't need a circle along the Y & Z axes because the combination of the other two can represent a degree in that direction.

So, figuring out how many degrees a sphere has is as simple as 3602. That sounds right to me, but I'm sure it's retarded in some way. For example, at the point where both circles intersect, they'd share the same degree. So you'd have to subtract 1 for each point where they intersect along their edges (they do it twice, so it's now 3602-2), so you wouldn't count the same degree twice. 

So my answer is that a sphere has 129,598 degrees. That doesn't sound right, but I don't know enough about math to debate it.

@helping How high am I? (I mean math score wise, ofc)

i mean you're not really wrong

but giving the degree count doesn't yield any useful information (which are arbitrary and less precise anyway)

if you wanted to still use degrees you would either use polar coordinates (with radians) or use alpha, beta, and gamma degrees (degree from each axis to give one unique point)

but pretty much everyone will use a vector since you can make it as complex or as simple as you want it, it's also much more useful than anything else listed.

-----

On that subject how about some shitty textbooks that don't designate the differences between variables. Spent some time trying to solve a problem that looked pretty easy at first glace.

nobody is going to care or read this, but basically the last equation relies on a trig identity to eliminate x2 + y2, there's an extra y in there (V02 - gy)t2

yeah, you're actually supposed to leave that extra Y in

if you don't, it becomes unsolvable since it's going to be in the form of 0 = t^4 (random shit here)*sin(theta)

deal with one y differently than you dealt with the other, because that's totally intuitive without mentioning

no big deal guys, i don't really need to know why

thanks for taking my money too, i didn't want it that much anyway

uaQqbik.png

Is it just me who thinks that the soundtrack is one of the most important parts of a show? Like if I can't get into the soundtrack I probably won't enjoy whatever I'm watching.

Even if the OP and ED are good and for the first part of a series and crappy for the following parts I will probably enjoy the first part more. 

I find music to be integral because it adds to the feeling and environment of the show. I would probably enjoy the biggest piece of trash anime as long as I consider the music good.

It goes for nearly all entertainment media with audio and visuals that sounds does play an important role. Heck, even for people who are just getting some camera upgrades for their YouTube channels are more often than not adviced to get better microphones before better camera gear.

"Sound compliments the visuals of the film. But if the visuals are bad, the sounds can sometimes redeem it. But if the sound sucks, then visuals can rarely redeem it.  No clue why that is"

-Kitty0706 (dead, for real)

Wait I see Movie Studio 13 from them for $50 do you think that's good? I don't need something extreme.

I got The Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum for 40€ on Steam sales. It's good, at least helluvalot better than Windows Movie maker. You don't need the pro version.

I don't know if the free Hitfilm 3 Express promotion is still running. @brownninja97 posted a thread about it some while back, and I got it while I could.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

lol

So glad I don't need to learn anymore Newtonian mathmatics.

speaking of math , the square root of potato is 9

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

i mean you're not really wrong

but giving the degree count doesn't yield any useful information (which are arbitrary and less precise anyway)

if you wanted to still use degrees you would either use polar coordinates (with radians) or use alpha, beta, and gamma degrees (degree from each axis to give one unique point)

but pretty much everyone will use a vector since you can make it as complex or as simple as you want it, it's also much more useful than anything else listed.

-----

On that subject how about some shitty textbooks that don't designate the differences between variables. Spent some time trying to solve a problem that looked pretty easy at first glace.

nobody is going to care or read this, but basically the last equation relies on a trig identity to eliminate x2 + y2, there's an extra y in there (V02 - gy)t2

yeah, you're actually supposed to leave that extra Y in

if you don't, it becomes unsolvable since it's going to be in the form of 0 = t^4 (random shit here)*sin(theta)

deal with one y differently than you dealt with the other, because that's totally intuitive without mentioning

no big deal guys, i don't really need to know why

thanks for taking my money too, i didn't want it that much anyway

uaQqbik.png
I was an art major if I want to get a complicated math problem solved I just ask my friend that is working on his phd in mathematics but normally I just get things like 2+2 does not always = 4 kind of thing from him lol

I got The Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum for 40€ on Steam sales. It's good, at least helluvalot better than Windows Movie maker. You don't need the pro version.

I don't know if the free Hitfilm 3 Express promotion is still running. @brownninja97 posted a thread about it some while back, and I got it while I could.

I saw that it is on Sale on Steam rightnow for $45 USD. The Suite 13 version is $90 on Amazon. Would I really need the extra features that the Suite offers? I will only be doing unboxings of the Anime stuff I buy. Nothing else really.

Spoiler

-

speaking of math , the square root of potato is 9

i want school to just die, it doesn't teach you a damn thing about how to do stuff in life like balancing check books, buying houses, etc

Spoiler