today at starbucks; fun facts about your fake american hero's.

ShiverMePenguins

Today while I was at Starbucks, yet again I heard some random sheep 'yabber' on about the great Martin Luther King, except his name is legally Michael King. So in order to vent my frustration at one of the horrible people of the 20th century, here are a few fun facts for everyone.

1) In a brief review given solely to The New York Post, Michael King confessed that up until 22 years of age he was always known as Michael. His father at 22 years of age told his son that he should be named after the great protestant leader Martin Luther. There was no admittance from Michael King whether or not this was to gain further influence in the black community due to a heavily christian demographic or if it was for other motives.

2) During the 80's, Archivists discovered through  The Martin Luther King Papers Project that Michael King's dissertation for his Ph.D in theology was heavily plagiarized, including evidence from a variety of sources without proper (or any) attribution at all. This would be grounds for immediate review and dissolvement of his PhD. from any decent academic society. The possible reasons for not revoking his degree (as it was discovered after his death and rise to popularity) was that the governing body of the school feared violent retribution by the black community, or that financial funding would be cut from various "affluent" charitable organizations (read: minority organizations that give funding to Boston university because they are black, and a black guy went there). also, the first public speech that King ever gave, in 1947 at the Ebenezer Baptist Church, was plagiarized from a homily by Protestant clergyman Harry Emerson Fosdick entitled "Life is What You Make It," according to the testimony of King's best friend of that time, Reverend Larry H. Williams. - there is no recording or documentation of this, it is purely from Williams own testimony.

edit: According to "The Martin Luther King Papers", in King's dissertation "only 49 per cent of sentences in the section on Tillich contain five or more words that were King's own"!

3) Furthermore, because Michael King's legal name was as such, his doctoral degree would be up for immediate grounds of dismissal, because he gave false information when enrolling in the college (his name)

4) The famous "I have a dream" speech was almost word for word stolen from a (semi)-famous black preacher by the name of Archibald Carey (the only reason why there is distinction of his color is because he introduced as such to people). famous plagiarized parts are changed slightly, mainly because Archibald Carey was speaking in medieval English (using words such as 'tis, thee, thou), and while there is a plagiarized verbatim portion, much of the speech was simply converted to a more modern form of English.

5) King was under FBI surveillance for many years, because the government learned of King and several close associate had close ties to various communist and anarchist groups. It was learned during that time that Michael King appointed several "former" communist and anarchist party members to the heads of several SCLC positions. It goes much further than that, but the FBL ruled all evidence as circumstantial and to be sealed (no circumstantial evidence is sealed when they throw away a federal case, it remains open till finished) till what is rumored to be 2027. There was an appeal to have the documents released on 1987 but the appeal was denied. 2 of such members had the last name of O'Dell and Levinson. There were others involved that had past and present ties though no arrest was ever made.

6) during FBI surveillance they learned that King had a near obsession with prostitutes. Ralph David Abernathy had a auto-biography in which he stated that he was with Michael King in his hotel room during such "activities" were happening. And also that M.K. would do so quite often. A later biography that Abernathy was linked to suggested that the prostitutes were all white, and that King would sometimes beat them during sex using various slurs. the FBI eventually compiled all of this evidence and attempted to distribute it to various news sources but were thwarted from their higher ups. So in a last ditch attempt at humiliating King they sent the tapes to his wife whom Abernathy claimed to have watched the video. There was no discussion on how it affected there marriage.

Right now I'm on my mobile, so if you want I will attempt to include more resources about Michael King, also let me know if you would like some on other famous people, and suggest a few if you'd like. I wrote none of this to defame individuals, this was an attempt at passing facts and knowledge to other people so that they don't blindly praise others when said individuals were not outstanding in anyway. yes, this man did put effort toward a large movement, but that does not make him a upright individual, that just means he oiled the cogs and set them going.

side note, I do not have links to most of this information, most of it is stored in archived books. i do have the isbn numbers of many of them however and i will post those at a later time.

Already knew the FBI stuff, but the plagiarism is quite interesting 

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Damn. Crazy if true. I knew the I have a dream speech was plagiarized but not about this other stuff

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Nobody is perfect but flawed people still do great things. MLK (or MK if you prefer) lead a huge movement even if it was not directly he was a symbol people could stand united under. You pissing on him because he was not a perfect man(far from it) is pretty disrespectful. We know he has done pretty unethical things but that should not overshadow the great things he has done.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

ISBN 0-06-016192-2

ISBN 0-684-86776-1

ISBN 0-670-88231-3

Radin, Charles A.   "Panel Confirms Plagiarism by King at BU."
        The Boston Globe.   11 October 1991 - no isbn.

fail edit:

p.s. let me know what next popular western individual you would like for me to "discuss". i can also wax on about various asian ones as well, though you'd have to name them and let me some time to gather information on them.

that isnt close to one of the worst ones, Gandi, Mother Therese, The Dali lama, 

Gandi has been reported to have said that the only reason he didnt do armed rebellion is because he couldnt get the weapons or men needed to do it

Mother Therese, her "helping" of people was watching them die horribly without medical attention in her churches, and all the money she got donated to help people she instead used to build churches around the poor world, and if someone got sick they took them in, gave them water and had them sleep in really shitty "beds" while they die in pain.

The Dali lama wants to return TIbet to the old times when the Monks ruled it and everyone else were their serfs..

..so yea :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Nobody is perfect, and this really doesn't change what MLK did. He still played an important roll in the civil rights movement. 

You can pretty much place some pretty big things on some of the most admired people. 

Gandhi was a racist, that funded hindu terrorists and had a habit of ´sleeping´ with young women to test himself.

The Dalai Lama want to return Tibet to a violent theocracy, where slavery and torture was used to suppres the lower classes.

Mother Teresa denied people medical help, and she got donations from some of the worst dictators in the world.

Nelson Mandela also funded terrorism.

Hitler also reformed the German medical system, and build affordable cars, and highways to drive them on. This doesn't mean he is excused from killing people.

And neither does the bad thing the other people did, take away from the good things.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK AT THE ONE-UPPERS. THEY HAVE TO ONE-UP EVERYBODY. LMK IF YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW WHY THESE PEOPLE ARE THE WAY THEY ARE.

that isnt close to one of the worst ones, Gandi, Mother Therese, The Dali lama, 

Gandi has been reported to have said that the only reason he didnt do armed rebellion is because he couldnt get the weapons or men needed to do it

Mother Therese, her "helping" of people was watching them die horribly without medical attention in her churches, and all the money she got donated to help people she instead used to build churches around the poor world, and if someone got sick they took them in, gave them water and had them sleep in really shitty "beds" while they die in pain.

The Dali lama wants to return TIbet to the old times when the Monks ruled it and everyone else were their serfs..

..so yea :P

Nobody is perfect, and this really doesn't change what MLK did. He still played an important roll in the civil rights movement. 

You can pretty much place some pretty big things on some of the most admired people. 

Gandhi was a racist, that funded himdu terrorists and had a habit of ´sleeping´ with young women to test himself.

The Dalai Lama want to return Tibet to a violent theocracy, where slavery and torture was used to suppres the lower classes.

Mother Teresa denied people medical help, and she got donations from some of the worst dictators in the world.

Nelson Mandela also funded terrorism.

Hitler also reformed the German medical system, and build affordable cars, and highways to drive them on. This doesn't mean he is excused from killing people.

And neither does the bad thing the other people did, take away from the good things.

HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK AT THE ONE-UPPERS. THEY HAVE TO ONE-UP EVERYBODY. LMK IF YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW WHY THESE PEOPLE ARE THE WAY THEY ARE.

DO IT! :D

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

EDIT: NVM

Anyway, back to what I was originally going to post. That's definitely an interesting bit of information. It's certainly important to avoid idolizing historical figures - they should never be above scrutiny. Still, I think there are certainly worse sins than plagiarism, associating with communists/anarchists, and soliciting prostitutes.

I don't follow. I'm sorry if I'm a bit slow, but I was in no way trying to "ONE-UP"  you. I was trying to make an example of how, when you only focus on the negative, a person will of course be seen in a negative light. 

There is probably no such thing as a 100% good human being, so assuming MLK (or any others for that matter) was that, is just ignorant. 

You could of course be sarcastic, but I am pretty bad at picking up on that, especially in writting.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I know a couple of people who met Mother Theresa and spent several months around her in India.

She was a complete sicko who actually seemed to enjoy watching people die slow miserable deaths from treatable ailments.

she was known as "Hell's Angel", there was even a movie made about her behavior by the same name.

Lois Riel, a "Canadian hero" was in fact a racial separatist, Metis supremacist who is on record as stated pretty clearly disliked full blooded natives

Manitoba was originally created as a homeland for Metis, natives would be allowed to stay but would be considered second class next to Metis

and have virtually no rights.    History of course turned him into some sort of hero for Native causes.

Mandela.... is another fraud,  He was a terrorist, his wife Winnie was a murderer and scammer.

History is full of revisionist bullshit.

I don't follow. I'm sorry if I'm a bit slow, but I was in no way trying to "ONE-UP"  you. I was trying to make an example of how, when you only focus on the negative, a person will of course be seen in a negative light. 

There is probably no such thing as a 100% good human being, so assuming MLK (or any others for that matter) was that, is just ignorant. 

You could of course be sarcastic, but I am pretty bad at picking up on that, especially in writting.

I agree. I don't know if you actually intended it like that OP but it looks like you were trying to be a dick in that last post.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I know a couple of people who met Mother Theresa and spent several months around her in India.

She was a complete sicko who actually seemed to enjoy watching people die slow miserable deaths from treatable ailments.

she was known as "Hell's Angel", there was even a movie made about her behavior by the same name.

Lois Riel, a "Canadian hero" was in fact a racial separatist, Metis supremacist who is on record as stated pretty clearly disliked full blooded natives

Manitoba was originally created as a homeland for Metis, natives would be allowed to stay but would be considered second class next to Metis

and have virtually no rights.    History of course turned him into some sort of hero for Native causes.

Mandela.... is another fraud,  He was a terrorist, his wife Winnie was a murderer and scammer.

History is full of revisionist bullshit.

oh god. canadian hero's are the worst. they say sorry while slitting your throat lawl.

Lois Riel is one of a few canadians that were pretty messed up. however i do not believe mandela earned his reputation. many people say the word terrorist, freedom fighter, yadda yadda. fact is he (and his people) were at war. nothing more, because both fighters in a war are in the wrong, and ideologically correct at the same time. think of people like mandella as nothing more than warring factions.

that could be a doctoral thesis all on its own, but people like him, hitler, the colonists, the medieval french, they're all neither good nor bad.

But I already knew he was a plagiarist fraud and a womanizer. Dare to speak the truth and get branded as a "racist" by the PC police. Whenever I see a street or something named after him, I question if the comity in charge actually knows what proper history is.

Actually, there are a fair amount of high profile people that were terrible that get undeserved praise. Humanity, you have some splaining to do.

Most "American Heroes" did some pretty horrible stuff. Most don't deserve the praise they receive at all.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

snip

The ANC targeting civilians including children.

Political opponents were assassinated and many burned alive.

He was a terrorist.

And nothing the OP wrote changes anything about his significance nor what he accomplishes....If we only want "perfect" heroes, we would have none.

But I already knew he was a plagiarist fraud and a womanizer. Dare to speak the truth and get branded as a "racist" by the PC police. Whenever I see a street or something named after him, I question if the comity in charge actually knows what proper history is.

Actually, there are a fair amount of high profile people that were terrible that get undeserved praise. Humanity, you have some splaining to do.

Nope. I don't think you are racist for saying he's a womanizer or a plagiarist.......But it does say something about you that you think this is whats important about him.

He did do a lot of good and was killed for his beliefs.....But yeah, his womanizing is ofcourse far more important.

But I look forward to the OP's great exposes of Reagan, Abraham Lincoln, and Eisenhower next.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

And nothing the OP wrote changes anything about his significance nor what he accomplishes....If we only want "perfect" heroes, we would have none.

Nope. I don't think you are racist for saying he's a womanizer or a plagiarist.......But it does say something about you that you think this is whats important about him.

He did do a lot of good and was killed for his beliefs.....But yeah, his womanizing is ofcourse far more important.

But I look forward to the OP's great exposes of Reagan, Abraham Lincoln, and Eisenhower next.

Sorry, MLK is still a plagiarizing  scrub stealing someone else's words to project his own self image.

Hah, you don't even know me, that reflects poorly on you.

Any man that treats women on par with generic property like a side table is not a man regardless of what he is preaching.

Sorry, MLK is still a plagiarizing  scrub stealing someone else's words to project his own self image.

Hah, you don't even know me, that reflects poorly on you.

Which is far more important than the fact that he was assassinated for fighting for equal rights of black people....sure..

Im sure you are just as pissed off at every other plagiarist that exists.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I like people who dig for the truth, face value is very easily misleading because it's the furthest point of contact from the heart of any given situation.