today at starbucks; fun facts about your fake american hero's.

ShiverMePenguins

This changes everything.

This changes everything from Jack to all the way shit.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I like people who dig for the truth, face value is very easily misleading because it's the furthest point of contact from the heart of any given situation.

so many people are mad like i'm pissing on their african god. they all made. especially all these hate messages i've received from this site LUL.

• 3 weeks later...

With all due respect, how I wish there were more girls like you interested (seemingly) in stuff like that. Or rather, more easy to spot. Soz for digressing.

Ty I guess, I just enjoy history and trying to figure out what is lied about and what isn't.

Most "American Heroes" did some pretty horrible stuff. Most don't deserve the praise they receive at all.

Really late, but since someone revived this thread... It should be "most 'heroes'". At this point, it's the ends that justifies the means. Heroes and villains are all up to a person. Inn most cases, some of them do bad things, but the great and benevolent things they did outweigh the bad ones, vice versa. I will never say Hitler is a good person, but he was and should be a respected man for being able to influence and manipulate people like that. It takes an impressive amount of charm, skill, and understanding of psychology to sway thousands of people to commit to atrocities, beliefs, and action. Same with Stalin, Napoleon, Alexander, and more. Cao Cao is considered the wicked, cunning, dirty ruler compared to Liu Bei, the kindhearted leader, and Sun Jian, the brave warrior, but still, his ability to plan, trick, and use everything to his advantage should be respected, but that still doesn't make him a good person, a great person yes, but not a good one.

Then again, the word "hero" has been warped to hell. It's not the good guy, instead it used to mean someone who has considerable courage, achievements, and qualities. So yes, leading people and being able to take over empires, making people ostracize others, and a keen mind all make for a hero, but not a good one. Ho Chi Minh - that's not his real name by the way - is a hero along with Che Guevara. So is Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun. And so are firefighters who died on duty on 9/11 and Malcolm X - criminal to political activist. Add Leonardo da Vinci and Bloody Mary to that list as well. They all were able to do something millions of others would never dream of. People will say they will die for others, but they never actually did that like the 9/11 firefighters. Bigots say they want to slash the throats of others, but they never actually did or influence hundreds of others to do it. And so-called politicians will never be able force their ideals onto others and micromanage a nation. And fewer will ever be able to make people think that humans are humans no matter what they believe or look like.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Really late, but since someone revived this thread... It should be "most 'heroes'". At this point, it's the ends that justifies the means. Heroes and villains are all up to a person. Inn most cases, some of them do bad things, but the great and benevolent things they did outweigh the bad ones, vice versa. I will never say Hitler is a good person, but he was and should be a respected man for being able to influence and manipulate people like that. It takes an impressive amount of charm, skill, and understanding of psychology to sway thousands of people to commit to atrocities, beliefs, and action. Same with Stalin, Napoleon, Alexander, and more. Cao Cao is considered the wicked, cunning, dirty ruler compared to Liu Bei, the kindhearted leader, and Sun Jian, the brave warrior, but still, his ability to plan, trick, and use everything to his advantage should be respected, but that still doesn't make him a good person, a great person yes, but not a good one.

Then again, the word "hero" has been warped to hell. It's not the good guy, instead it used to mean someone who has considerable courage, achievements, and qualities. So yes, leading people and being able to take over empires, making people ostracize others, and a keen mind all make for a hero, but not a good one. Ho Chi Minh - that's not his real name by the way - is a hero along with Che Guevara. So is Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun. And so are firefighters who died on duty on 9/11 and Malcolm X - criminal to political activist. Add Leonardo da Vinci and Bloody Mary to that list as well. They all were able to do something millions of others would never dream of. People will say they will die for others, but they never actually did that like the 9/11 firefighters. Bigots say they want to slash the throats of others, but they never actually did or influence hundreds of others to do it. And so-called politicians will never be able force their ideals onto others and micromanage a nation. And fewer will ever be able to make people think that humans are humans no matter what they believe or look like.

It is impressive how they were able to manipulate people to do their will, but what they did with their lives loses their respect from me. Some did redeem themselves in a way, I remember a video by vsauce about it, though I can't remember the title. It was about how some people were thought to be dead and how the press wrote about the crap they did with their lives. When the person reads what others think of him, how a series of people tried to redeem themselves in a way.

By the way, don't necro a thread :P

Edit: A hero for me is someone who is willing to sacrifice someone for the benefit of his friends. A person that is willing to die to let others live. In my culture, that is considered a hero.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)