GamersNexus exposes EXPLODING Gigabyte PSUs and Gigabyte Manipulating the Truth | Tries to Disparage GamersNexus

AlTech

I didn't like Gigabyte very much to begin with. This doesn't help, well it does actually.. it helped me make up my mind to not buy anything made by Gigabyte. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

Honestly I'm not surprised, Gigabyte is not a great manufacturer in general

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

That's fair. But also NZXT didn't try to discredit GN this hard. (afaik)

ye, they're like "buddies", some NZXT guys and GN…

Gigabyte is just scummy, and far away … 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Honestly I'm not surprised, Gigabyte is not a great manufacturer in general

what surprises me is that its a CWT PSU, I thought they make good PSUs (also for Corsair afaik)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

36 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

what surprises me is that its a CWT PSU, I thought they make good PSUs (also for Corsair afaik)

theres some conflicting info on these models, some believe its MEIC
the level of component swapping makes me think its not a old OEM

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

I bought a cheap arse HP for my sons school work,  naturally he fucked the screen in the first year. I managed to get a non gen screen of ebay and it fit fine.  Was one of those more obscure models too.

I couldn't with my brother's I needed the entire screen+bezel...and I could only get the screen off Ebay. I actually have it installed via blutack, however he ended up getting another laptop. HP wanted just over $432 for the screen vs the laptop's price of $480.

6 hours ago, leadeater said:

Pro tip. even for buying cheap laptops, only buy from business range. You lose the GAMER looks but gain none of the BS.

It was one of their quad core "pentium" (aka Atom dressed up), 4GB RAM models. I wasn't too shocked...but it is still complete bullshit. My brother's new laptop though is far superior on the parts side, as is my sister's current Ryzen 2 one - both are business grade laptops.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Who told you it was CWT? It's MEIC. Also, even if it were CWT, it doesn't mean it can't be shit. Every OEM has its terrible units. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

On 8/18/2021 at 4:34 AM, The89Lunder said:

Honestly, you can type "AnyBrandName catches fire" and some results will pop up for any and all companies. And if not catching fire, there will be some bad products among any companies lineup. Current or present.

As Steve mentions in the video "All companies makes bad products, making good products is hard, it's about how they respond to the bad products" (Might be a short version of the full sentence, but I think the message comes across 😂)

I have reached out to ASUS support before, their Motherboard support is terrible, no help at all. But a few weeks ago, I got one of those annoying little black flies in my 27" TUF monitor (6 months old). And a quick few photos, a little note and a week of waiting, and I had a brand new display at my door, at no cost. Not even my local stores offered that level of service. And Proshop ind Denmark, have some of the best customer service you can get. And believe my, I have tested them many times over the past 15 years.

Besides the hate train against gigabyte at the moment, are their motherboards and GPU's really that bad?

I have both at the moment (brand new I might add), and they have been nothing but perfect so far.

I am at my second Gigabyte GPU btw. both flawless.

(when ram's price is too high)

factory: i'm on fireeeeeeeeee!

20 hours ago, freeagent said:

I didn't like Gigabyte very much to begin with. This doesn't help, well it does actually.. it helped me make up my mind to not buy anything made by Gigabyte. 

They do has some good stuff. Their X570 motherboards from 2018 seems to be well made. Good VRM, good feature and reasonable price. I'm using X570 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi and it's not bad for the price compare to Asus or MSI offerings at that time.

Their GPU however still not that great...

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

17 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

I couldn't with my brother's I needed the entire screen+bezel...and I could only get the screen off Ebay. I actually have it installed via blutack, however he ended up getting another laptop. HP wanted just over $432 for the screen vs the laptop's price of $480.

That sucks,  You don't want to see what this laptop looks like now after another 2 years of abuse, at least the cheap ebay screen still works.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Weirdly Gigabyte has the best mobo VRM delivery of anyone for the last few years.  The B team must be assigned to power supplies.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

7 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Weirdly Gigabyte has the best mobo VRM delivery of anyone for the last few years.  The B team must be assigned to power supplies.

i mean generally, these companies dont make PSUs, they use OEMs… what companies like msi, gigabyte "manufacturer" are usually GPUs and mobos… the rest is more or less random OEMs (whatever is cheap basically) 

And no, thats not the whole picture, just the gist of it.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity