Thread collaboration option (probably a dumb suggestion)

Master Disaster

Would it be possible to add the ability for thread starters to grant other users edit rights on an OP?

I get its a very niche suggestion with a narrow use case but for threads like the PSU tier list, benchmarking tables and for tutorials it would come in really handy to be able to allow trusted members to edit the OP with updates/changes.

It might be a good idea to add a warning that, if a thread starter grants another user editing permission then said user goes on to abuse it the OP might end up sharing some of the responsibility.

You could also restrict it to certain subs, like GD, OT & Tutorials only.

Feel free to call me a moron and explain why its a terrible idea (or just call me a moron if you like) 😄

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

i guess if it's niche, the workaround is to ask a mod to edit it in for you, which would probably suffice

ofc, OP has to give consent

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Collaborating in threads sounds awesome!.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I think that would be cool. Multiple editors would be fantastic on some threads, even if worked like a push system where someone pushes an edit to the OP and then all they haveto do is approve it. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

10 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

+1 to this. There aren't many threads where this is useful, but for threads like the PSU tier list and the case tier list (WIP according to the creator, IIRC @TVwazhere is working on another one or working on the one I linked?)

There will not be a Case Tier list. I am tentatively working on a Case Shopping guide though. 

AS for the suggestion however, while I'm not an expert on programming in general (let alone this forum's software) I believe Mortis would need to individually set permissions to users per thread, which I'm not even sure is possible without some sort of Sudo-mod power (as moderators can edit posts as needed)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

There will not be a Case Tier list. I am tentatively working on a Case Shopping guide though. 

AS for the suggestion however, while I'm not an expert on programming in general (let alone this forum's software) I believe Mortis would need to individually set permissions to users per thread, which I'm not even sure is possible without some sort of Sudo-mod power (as moderators can edit posts as needed)

Also not a programmer and also not familiar with the forum software but it would be pretty simply to have the function silently create a group with edit permission for that thread and stick the selected users in the group. The function sort of exists already since you can edit your own posts, right?

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Also not a programmer and also not familiar with the forum software but it would be pretty simply to have the function silently create a group with edit permission for that thread and stick the selected users in the group. The function sort of exists already since you can edit your own posts, right?

I just dont know if it can be done in a By-Thread basis

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I just dont know if it can be done in a By-Thread basis

Fair enough.

Also just to clear, when I said "simple" I was talking in the context of Mortis, it would take me days, crash the forum and be totally insecure 😄

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Also just to clear, when I said "simple" I was talking in the context of Mortis, 

As I understand it, Nothing is simple for Mortis 😶

The forum doesn't really have a concept of per-topic permissions, the ability to edit a topic is just gated on whether you're the author of that topic (or a moderator). It doesn't look like it would be massively difficult to add, but it would be non-trivial so I can't promise that it will get prioritised any time soon.

HTTP/2 203