IGN Takes down Article sharing Palestine Aid Groups

niofalpha

IGN Posted several tweets and articles sharing links on donating to support Palestinian aid funds following the recent bombings.

Following the most recent set of violent military strikes by the Israel Defense Forces that have leveled entire buildings in Gaza and left over 180 Palestinians dead, IGN posted an article linking to a variety of Palestinian charities and even gave a Palestinian flag prominence in its masthead. Sometime earlier today, all of that content, along with a tweet promoting the post, was removed with no indication as to why or if it will be republished at a later date.

My thoughts

I was honestly shocked to see the article posted in the first place, given the usual media silence on this issue. Gamespot and Kotaku's articles are still up as well. I think it's important to look at this and not be angry that it was deleted, but glad that it was posted first.

Sources

https://kotaku.com/ign-takes-down-article-and-tweet-sharing-palestinian-ai-1846905689

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

There is no way this is not political. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I get they are trying to help, but IGN does not need to create controversy about a subject they are not even related to.
It was very likely made with good intent, but that was just the wrong outlet to post it.

1 minute ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

>Launch a ton of rockets at Israel
>Complain that they're returning the "favor"

You should look up what started this latest conflict.

Nobody would blame IGN for not posting anything. But to remove it is gonna get them a ton of bad attention from both sides.

inb4. Anything middle east doesnt belong here.

*This is coming from someone living there too lol.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Kind of a shame they removed it tbh, but it wasn't entirely surprising. At least they brought more attention to the problem on the Palestinian side since they usually show the ones on the opposite. 

19 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

>Launch a ton of rockets at Israel
>Complain that they're returning the "favor"

Before you comment this nonsense (and anyone else), please go and do some proper reading on this particular conflict. It's been said numerous times on news outlets that Israelian settlers were trying to oust Palestinian people out of their homes. That is one of the reason's it sparked this fire once again that's been going on for ages. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

inb4 lock

9 minutes ago, Master Delta Chief said:

Before you comment this nonsense (and anyone else), please go and do some proper reading on this particular conflict. It's been said numerous times on news outlets that Israelian settlers were trying to oust Palestinian people out of their homes. That is one of the reason's it sparked this fire once again that's been going on for ages. 

It goes far deeper than that, and to state any one issue as the reason is just as asinine.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Tech News topics need to focus on tech, both in the OP and the resulting discussion - simply involving a tech-related website is not sufficient here. Given also the extremely sensitive nature of the Israel-Palestine issue at the moment, this topic is now locked.

HTTP/2 203