Valorant Mobile is Reportedly in Development

Valorant Mobile is Reportedly in Development

Some good news awaits mobile gamers, as it seems like the highly anticipated mobile version of Valorant is already under development.

According to a recent report by IGN India, sources close to Riot Games have claimed that the title, which has been tentatively named Valorant Mobile, is in the works while the company analyzes the game’s market.

Furthermore, according to popular leaker ‘PlayerIGN’, the release date of Valorant Mobile might be nearer than expected. According to him, Valorant Mobile will be announced at E3 2021, which is gonna take place around mid-June.

This news doesn’t come as a surprise to many, though. Previously, we had seen strings of the Valorant Mobile tutorial being leaked by data miners. The Valorant Mobile settings were also leaked prior to that. 

The rising popularity of mobile gaming over the past few years has led more and more video game devs to release mobile versions of their flagship titles. Needless to say, Valorant Mobile is expected to be a huge hit in the mobile gaming community at the time of its release.

No official comment has been made by Riot Games regarding the release of Valorant Mobile as of yet.

Capture.PNG.2f77e5f58f29420ce4a899e73580d0c5.PNG

Given the massive lack of GPUs at the moment, i feel like more games are going to make the shift to mobile.

Mobile gaming is a lucrative as hell market, so it really doesn't surprise me that we're seeing some big releases on mobile, though i'm not sure how popular valorant really is

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Free mobile games are a cash grabbing cancer except those released in 2009-2011:

Fruit Ninja,Talking Tom,Cut the Rope,Glow Hocky,Pou,Doodle Jump,Where's my Water?,CONTRACT KILLER,Tap Tap Revenge,Angry Birds.

But they were probably updated with micro-transactions a few years after release so they are probably not good either.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

8 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Free mobile games are a cash grabbing cancer except those released in 2009-2011:

Fruit Ninja,Talking Tom,Cut the Rope,Glow Hocky,Pou,Doodle Jump,Where's my Water?,CONTRACT KILLER,Tap Tap Revenge,Angry Birds.

Can say the same thing about a lot of console/pc games these days too, some of them aren't even free (See: FIFA) 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Will it need a rooted / jailbroken phone for anti-cheat to work in kernel ring level 0? 😆

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

Can say the same thing about a lot of console/pc games these days too, some of them aren't even free (See: FIFA) 

The biggest difference is that almost ALL free mobile games are like that.

On PC,free games are not as bad as those on mobile.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

Yikes, every game dev for known franchise now releases a mobile version really only for the profit as we all know.

Dilutes the whole X game is and all especially when it's an online game and a shooter too.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yikes, every game dev for known franchise now releases a mobile version really only for the profit as we all know.

Dilutes the whole X game is and all especially when it's an online game and a shooter too.

Why do you think companies release games in the first place? Out of a selfless desire to enrich the world?

I don't think mobile versions dilute the games at all. They make titles accessible to a much larger audience, including people in countries where a phone is likely to be someone's only computing device. I'd much rather see someone in Indonesia happily playing Valorant on their phone than deny them out of a desire for game "purity."

Don't see much of a point honestly, tactical shooters like valorant are either ruined by aim assist or pretty much unplayable with anything other than a mouse and keyboard. Could be cool for those who have bottom-tier PCs but still want to play valorant, I guess.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

4 hours ago, Vishera said:

But they were probably updated with micro-transactions a few years after release so they are probably not good either.

Just a comment, of those games Angry Bird wasn't actually a free game (not on iOS at least) it cost $1 back when it was new. And a couple of years back it had like 100 000 000 downloads from AppStore so my guess is Rovio made quiet a buck even without ads and micro transactions. 

This article from 2012 states 1 billion downloads on all platforms. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/angry-birds-hits-1-billion-downloads/1100-6375885/

I hope it's not combined multiplayer. I really don't see the point tho, Valorant is so reliant on precise gunplay as Riot puts it, and I don't think there's enough screen real estate to put enough buttons for all abilities. I guess all the mobile players will be using the Odin haha, it's literally impossible to aim properly on a touchscreen.

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

1 minute ago, SFFDesigns said:

I hope it's not combined multiplayer. I really don't see the point tho, Valorant is so reliant on precise gunplay as Riot puts it, and I don't think there's enough screen real estate to put enough buttons for all abilities. I guess all the mobile players will be using the Odin haha, it's literally impossible to aim properly on a touchscreen haha.

I can't imagine cross-play with PC players. As much as I like the thought of mobile players getting more top-tier games, there's no doubt that they'll be at a disadvantage if they play against someone with a $2K gaming PC. 

Just now, Commodus said:

there's no doubt that they'll be at a disadvantage if they play against someone with a $2K gaming PC. 

They'd be at a disadvantage against a laptop with a mouse, it's the mouse that makes the real difference

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Oh great, people on a phone get valorant but not us console users. 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

3 hours ago, crystal6tak said:

Any idea if it's cross platform with PC?

it better not be. It would be sooooooooooooo unfiar

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

it better not be. It would be sooooooooooooo unfiar

True,One time i installed Android in dual-boot on my PC,downloaded PUBG mobile,made it work with my keyboard and mouse and kicked everyone's asses with no effort,even though i just opened the account moments before.

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

Why do you think companies release games in the first place? Out of a selfless desire to enrich the world?

I don't think mobile versions dilute the games at all. They make titles accessible to a much larger audience, including people in countries where a phone is likely to be someone's only computing device. I'd much rather see someone in Indonesia happily playing Valorant on their phone than deny them out of a desire for game "purity."

No, not really, though in early days it kinda was like so no.

But it's just like way less passion or originality at this point, complete consumerism with max profit regardless of how it looks like is all I'm saying.

Literal evidence for that is, that so many online games simply focus on say skins, trailers for skins and players are more hyped for that than anything game it self related. Many games are simply playing for the skins and gameplay is second, sadly.

It does dilute the game though, they're mainly doing the whole same-naming thing that has success behind it, that's it. Gameplay is completely different, it's not really the same game, just because it has the same name. It's just not. Nobody said denying someone, some kid on a phone, not like there are so many same copies on that platform anyway.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, Vishera said:

True,One time i installed Android in dual-boot on my PC,downloaded PUBG mobile,made it work with my keyboard and mouse and kicked everyone's asses with no effort,even though i just opened the account moments before.

PUBG really dosent care about hackers. Even if we report players with proof they take no action but they BAN you if you use a vpn to play. Valorant technical team is on a different league of its own. They release patches and updates regularly to the extend it gets irritating and is very quick to BAN hackers and players.

42 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

No, not really, though in early days it kinda was like so no.

But it's just like way less passion or originality at this point, complete consumerism with max profit regardless of how it looks like is all I'm saying.

Literal evidence for that is, that so many online games simply focus on say skins, trailers for skins and players are more hyped for that than anything game it self related. Many games are simply playing for the skins and gameplay is second, sadly.

It does dilute the game though, they're mainly doing the whole same-naming thing that has success behind it, that's it. Gameplay is completely different, it's not really the same game, just because it has the same name. It's just not. Nobody said denying someone, some kid on a phone, not like there are so many same copies on that platform anyway.

If you want quality games on Android,the best option is games that were ported/emulated from consoles/PC.

Max Payne,Minecraft (Bedrock),Grand Theft Auto San Andreas,Test Drive Unlimited (Emulated),God Eater: Burst (Emulated) are all almost identical to the PC version.

3 hours ago, Commodus said:

Greed.

3 hours ago, Commodus said:

The thing is, mobile versions are often desired on iOS because it’s less likely to be hacked. No Android device is worth developing for unless you want more freeloading players.

Micro-transactions make games worse. Not only competitively but pacing. When you play such games you are berated for not spending 1000$ a minute for god-mode cheat rentals. Likewise other players all have to have the same god-mode p2w gear at the same time or you already lost. A match might be held up by someone searching the p2w shop and having to fumble with payment processing.

2 hours ago, Vishera said:

yeah. Ive dont that with both pubg and cod mobile on bluestacks. it was a fun day of pissing people off.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Kisai said:

When you play such games you are berated for not spending 1000$ a minute for god-mode cheat rentals.

To be more accurate,a lot of mobile games will make your experience miserable if you don't buy their micro-transactions.

That's why a lot of kids ask their parents to buy those micro-transactions for them.