Valorant Mobile is Reportedly in Development

14 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

it better not be. It would be sooooooooooooo unfiar

Not if it allows native keyboard and mouse support, and match makes accordingly (so K&M vs K&M).

With the current CPU/GPU shortage, using your phone as a stop gap gaming pc could work if developers ported their games properly (no retarded microtransaction scheme, but a genuine 1 to 1 port like Fortnite for instance) 

23 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yikes, every game dev for known franchise now releases a mobile version really only for the profit as we all know.

Dilutes the whole X game is and all especially when it's an online game and a shooter too.

eh, valorant is already pretty low spec. You can release it on android and increase your playerbase and profit. How is that diluting anything? It isn't as if they are giving a 2D version of the game

19 hours ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

Oh great, people on a phone get valorant but not us console users. 

u gib us god of war, we gib u valorant. deal?

1 hour ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

u gib us god of war, we gib u valorant. deal?

im on xbox man even i dont get that luxury 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

20 hours ago, Kisai said:

The thing is, mobile versions are often desired on iOS because it’s less likely to be hacked. No Android device is worth developing for unless you want more freeloading players.

Micro-transactions make games worse. Not only competitively but pacing. When you play such games you are berated for not spending 1000$ a minute for god-mode cheat rentals. Likewise other players all have to have the same god-mode p2w gear at the same time or you already lost. A match might be held up by someone searching the p2w shop and having to fumble with payment processing.

At last check, F2P games like Fortnite and Valorant reserve microtransactions largely for cosmetics. That's not going to hold back gameplay.

And with those F2P games it doesn't normally matter which platform you're using... you still have to pay in-app to get the skins and other visuals. Many of the most successful mobile online games are dominated by Android users in places like China and India. The iPhone plays an important role, to be clear, but we're past the days when Android piracy was the main concern.

2 hours ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

im on xbox man even i dont get that luxury 

why r u saying u r on console den? xbox is pc, without steam

3 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

why r u saying u r on console den? xbox is pc, without steam

oh ok cool 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

On 5/6/2021 at 4:08 AM, WolframaticAlpha said:

Valve should take a cue and release CS:GO on mobile. It can run on a toaster already. 

x86 performance does not relate at all to ARM performance

I tried pubG mobile.  Did some testing.  Almost no one is playing it.  There are lots of “players” but they were mostly bots.  I did some testing by doing nothing but hiding and running for the ever shrinking play area.  Never used my gun once.  So winning was not an option.  All I was was a target.  I always placed top ten.  Average was sixth. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

57 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I tried pubG mobile.  Did some testing.  Almost no one is playing it.  There are lots of “players” but they were mostly bots.  I did some testing by doing nothing but hiding and running for the ever shrinking play area.  Never used my gun once.  So winning was not an option.  All I was was a target.  I always placed top ten.  Average was sixth. 

Both cod mobile and pubg mobile pit you against bots on your first games.

Trying to pull the same tactics as drug dealers by giving you free samples of their goods so that you can back to them for more.

You can see the difference between actual players and bots, but the sad truth is most don't. Eventually the game will start to pit you against other players

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

11 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Both cod mobile and pubg mobile pit you against bots on your first games.

Trying to pull the same tactics as drug dealers by giving you free samples of their goods so that you can back to them for more.

You can see the difference between actual players and bots, but the sad truth is most don't. Eventually the game will start to pit you against other players

How many is “first games” though.  I didn’t do this test until I started to get suspicious.  Would have been over a dozen games before that and at least several days.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

How many is “first games” though.  I didn’t do this test until I started to get suspicious.  Would have been over a dozen games before that and at least several days.

by the time you reach lvl 15, ratio player to bots should start increase until bots are fully removed 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

by the time you reach lvl 15, ratio player to bots should start increase until bots are fully removed 

I don’t remember what level I got to.  

8 hours ago, Commodus said:

At last check, F2P games like Fortnite and Valorant reserve microtransactions largely for cosmetics. That's not going to hold back gameplay.

You get harassed by the game, and other players if you aren't spending hundreds of dollars on cosmetics, it's the same problem regardless.

8 hours ago, Commodus said:

And with those F2P games it doesn't normally matter which platform you're using... you still have to pay in-app to get the skins and other visuals. Many of the most successful mobile online games are dominated by Android users in places like China and India. The iPhone plays an important role, to be clear, but we're past the days when Android piracy was the main concern.

As I said, Developers are only willing to consider iOS as the platform for monetization, because they have some level of guarantee the players on that platform won't be cheating.

Remember seeing this?

image.thumb.png.b823718c79cacae05a4dd873fa1dade0.png

There are literately people using hundreds of mobile phones to "farm" things using android phones. The video that comes from is farming surveys or something.

A cheap android smartphone makes for a very cheap bot. Cheaper than using PC's with android emulators.

17 hours ago, Kisai said:

You get harassed by the game, and other players if you aren't spending hundreds of dollars on cosmetics, it's the same problem regardless.

As I said, Developers are only willing to consider iOS as the platform for monetization, because they have some level of guarantee the players on that platform won't be cheating.

Remember seeing this?

image.thumb.png.b823718c79cacae05a4dd873fa1dade0.png

There are literately people using hundreds of mobile phones to "farm" things using android phones. The video that comes from is farming surveys or something.

A cheap android smartphone makes for a very cheap bot. Cheaper than using PC's with android emulators.

I'm sorry, but you're being hyperbolic and mixing a grain of truth with some fabrications.

Games do bug you at times. But many of them don't constantly harass you. and certainly not until you've spent "hundreds of dollars." Fortnite, for example, hints that life would be easier with a season pass. But it's not throwing that in your face with constant notifications or other disruptions.

And it's explicitly false that developers are "only willing to consider iOS" for monetization. This isn't 2010. Many of the biggest games are Android-centric titles like Honour of Kings and PUBG Mobile. Now, piracy and farming are concerns, and if it's a old-school game where in-app purchases aren't the main business model... yeah, iOS tends to win. But this is 2021, and there are huge gaming empires built primarily on Android communities.

5 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I'm sorry, but you're being hyperbolic and mixing a grain of truth with some fabrications.

Games do bug you at times. But many of them don't constantly harass you. and certainly not until you've spent "hundreds of dollars." Fortnite, for example, hints that life would be easier with a season pass. But it's not throwing that in your face with constant notifications or other disruptions.

And it's explicitly false that developers are "only willing to consider iOS" for monetization. This isn't 2010. Many of the biggest games are Android-centric titles like Honour of Kings and PUBG Mobile. Now, piracy and farming are concerns, and if it's a old-school game where in-app purchases aren't the main business model... yeah, iOS tends to win. But this is 2021, and there are huge gaming empires built primarily on Android communities.

Sounds like you two actually agree with each other but have different attitudes  on what level of what is meant by what term.  

On 5/7/2021 at 7:25 PM, Franck said:

x86 performance does not relate at all to ARM performance

Doesn't matter. It is a highly optimized game and as far as I know it is not written in x86 assembly/ machine code. So yes, it can be ported. People would play it even if it runs 30fps at low