Face it, Apple. You lost. - Sensel Trackpad

AlexTheGreatish

Sensel has created the best trackpad in existence, and how it works is soooo freaking cool.

Check our Sensel: https://sensel.com/

Watch Physics Girl's video on capacitive touch: https://youtu.be/WdS4JU17HRs

Buy Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Titanium Yoga Laptop (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/gM938xj

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

What a title. I wonder if Apple even knows who Sensel is... or cares.

You know what I've really missed from trackpads?

Real buttons.

I know everyone rushes to their Xerox machine every time Apple releases something, but the whole "gestures" concept built into a trackpad, coupled with lack of physical buttons, really rubs me the wrong way.

Also, buttons go below the trackpad, not above it. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It would be cool for you guys to do a side by side comparison between the two touchpad technologies. Kinda like the bluetooth mouse latency video.

17 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

They just keep getting worse. I'm honestly getting close to unsubing they are so horrible. And I've been around since the garage.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

10 minutes ago, kubsakkk said:

It would be cool for you guys to do a side by side comparison between the two touchpad technologies. Kinda like the bluetooth mouse latency video.

Like what? I don't really know what there would be to compare as it's a for lack of a better word a 3d touchpad that works with non electrically conductive things too.

Breaking News: Apple has sued Sensel into the ground, citing "That guy Linus said you beat us."

Happy to help.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi6)\\Ryzen 3 3100 OC 4.5GHz @1.26V\\Corsair H60\\G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2666 CL19\\WD Black SN750 512GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe\\WD 1TB Storage HDD\\EVGA 600B\\Power Color Radeon RX6600 XT 8GB\\ASUS TUF Gaming 23.8" IPS 144Hz@1080p\\Corsair 220T RGB\\Corsair K55 RGB Pro\\Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

3 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

They just keep getting worse. I'm honestly getting close to unsubing they are so horrible. And I've been around since the garage.

Indeed. I get that the algorithm demands the word Apple, but this? Something like Apple has a new challenger for trackpad king! Would have been better.

On the Quantum Dynamics of FSR's 

Ok so I haven't done the research but I know physics pretty well.  Reviewing the Wikipedia article Occam's razor  makes me lean towards the non-quantum effect percolation likely dominates.  Its the simpler of the two.  The quantum tunneling which also occurs either has no effect or provides a bit more information.  

In microelectronics quantum tunneling usually causes interference, random errors, etc.  It is something engineers usually have to either design around and try to minimize. For example quantum tunneling between the transistors in  a processor wouldn't be good.   Otherwise, for something specific they try to increase the probability of quantum tunneling as much as possible.  For example in a scanning tunneling microscope.... it's right there in the name. 

But what do I know my specialty is more about Black Holes and quantum field theory in curved space time.  

Cool video either way.  

20 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Also, buttons go below the trackpad, not above it. 

The buttons above are for the trackpoint.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

The buttons above are for the trackpoint.

TrackPoint is something else though.  The best is to have a Track pad with buttons above and below and trackpoint and a touch screen.  Ideally with the ability to reprogram every part of it to do what you want it to do.  That's why PC's (not Macs anymore ) are awesome. 

Sooooo... when can we expect a mouse with Sensel buttons or maybe a small sensel "trackpad" on the side where the thumb rests?

29 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Why squabble over this? They change their titles after 24 hours to much more informative stuff.

4 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

Why squabble over this? They change their titles after 24 hours to much more informative stuff.

Because I can, so I did.

13 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Because I can, so I did.

I've seen you use this excuse more than once on this forum. And for that, you get a gold star of approval. 🌞

(I know what you're thinking. It has a smile, it's clearly the sun. I want you to think just a little bit harder at it and then realize that it is, in fact, a gold star of approval.)

Happy to help.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi6)\\Ryzen 3 3100 OC 4.5GHz @1.26V\\Corsair H60\\G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2666 CL19\\WD Black SN750 512GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe\\WD 1TB Storage HDD\\EVGA 600B\\Power Color Radeon RX6600 XT 8GB\\ASUS TUF Gaming 23.8" IPS 144Hz@1080p\\Corsair 220T RGB\\Corsair K55 RGB Pro\\Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

7 minutes ago, derpkotacasper said:

I've seen you use this excuse more than once on this forum. And for that, you get a gold star of approval. 🌞

(I know what you're thinking. It has a smile, it's clearly the sun. I want you to think just a little bit harder at it and then realize that it is, in fact, a gold star of approval.)

Consistency is key, I suppose.

Re: the sponsor; sent this to my friend whose trying to get a PC made for themselves, and between gpus for ewaste or ones that cost nearly two grand, you're only going to get something with an igpu with that pc builder. 

PC in Profile

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

They will care if people start buying it and they don't get a cut.

Because the vast majority of users care about that stuff?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

More people do than you think when it comes to names like Apple, but honestly until they respond in some form it's all speculation.   Personally, I couldn't care eitherway.   I can't speak for everyone.

So you're saying a significant chunk of the apple ecosystem people will forego their entire ecosystem purchases for a trackpad?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

when apple reliese they'll either try to hire their workforce or buy them out. But i suspect they wont care: they'll just copy the tech and noone will be none the wiser.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

1 minute ago, mon1ka said:

when apple reliese they'll either try to hire their workforce or buy them out. But i suspect they wont care: they'll just copy the tech and noone will be none the wiser.

Meh. Sensel is focused on the 92% of the market that isn't Apple.

It'd be neat if they were bought and implemented, but I don't think Apple really cares.

This is the only time there's mention of Apple "losing" and it was just for cheap clicks.

Before this (and even by the end of it) Apple's trackpad was the standard everything was measured by.

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

This is the only time there's mention of Apple "losing" and it was just for cheap clicks.

apple just had a press conference, i dont blame them.

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Meh. Sensel is focused on the 92% of the market that isn't Apple.

It'd be neat if they were bought and implemented, but I don't think Apple really cares.

Wouldnt stop apple from taking note IMO. Im not sure about them being bought out, but partnering with a decent company would be great.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

2 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

apple just had a press conference, i dont blame them.

Wouldnt stop apple from taking note IMO. Im not sure about them being bought out, but partnering with a decent company would be great.

Sure. None of my point is that Apple's going to cover their eyes and sit in the corner.

It's literally just that the title sucks and doesn't do a good job of representing the video.

It only cares about getting people to see why Apple's name is in the title.

If I was browsing Youtube I'd have no idea it was about a new and innovative Sensel trackpad.

5 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

They will care if people start buying it and they don't get a cut.

I doubt Apple would care, I mean they sold a lot of macbooks with those awful butterfly keyboards, people still bought them because of the brand.

This trackpad seems nice though, and real buttons is also nice, I'd definitely like to see other PC OEM's bring back trackpad buttons.

Also funny how people only complain about clickbait when apple is in the title, I don't watch videos right when they come out so I don't see the clickbait lol.