Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Wait wait wait...  Ltt should do a fire hazard build.  example fermi, 5gz FX, but here's the challenge hehehe.

No case fans and you have to use the stock cooling solutions,

You can use Liquid metal, any fans as long they are not in or touching any part of the PC.

Good luck MUAHAHAHAHA 

How about looking into the new chinese X86  KaiXian processors which have now come to the markets made by a chinese company called Zhaoxin.

They have already previously released some lower end processors for consumers too, but now there's some more serious ones available: KX-U6780A and the KX-U6880A 

he did the cheapest new egg pc, the cheapest amazon pc, can he do a making the cheapest Ali-express gaming “setup” including the pc?

Build an HTPC for Steam Streaming Cyberpunk 2077 on the LG C9 via ethernet.

HMDI 2.1

4K@60Hz + 1440p@120Hz

Figure out where the bottlenecks are ( vid decoding / network bandwidth etc) Come up with a minimum / recommended / overkill spec etc.

Compare the frame rate / latency / image quality to on the streaming PC.

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

Was asked to post here; Please feature B & O products. I never see any online influencers (sorry, but its the best term besides youtuber :P) feature these products. B & O has a long history, but today in 2020 its not doing well at all. It might end up being sold soon enough. They we're design and sound pioneers making high-end speakers and also TV's, but slowly the high-end business has started to fail.

Look into the headphones like h7i or h9i or p2 bluetooth speaker and similar. They have done many consumer friendly products last few years, which dosen't cost the living soul out of you :P

You once did this video for Meridian also, so maybe you could take a look at another premium brand?

Zalman has apparently come out with a new CPU cooler line with the upper tier model claimed to be "The best" in the world -  A bold claim indeed.

ZALMAN - CNPS17X

ZALMAN - CNPS20X

There has been at least one other reviewer from the UK that's already compared it against the Noctua NH-D15 and the Deepcool Castle 240EX.

According to that review the performance of the Zalman was "Amazing".

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Try to break the ycruncher world record. Dual epyc and terabytes of ram.

Maybe like the best to worst for peripheral accessories, for example like the mouse bungies, and headphone holders and stuff. 

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

I am a home-studio music producer/gamer/pc nerd. Something that I am really curious about, with AMD stomping ahead, is the difference in CPU effectiveness when it comes specifically to music production. Is Ryzen better in this particular area than intel, is it dependent on which DAW you are using? (I'm using Ableton live). The major players are the likes of Ableton Live, Cubase, Protools, Logic, but you would need the exact same project for each CPU in each DAW. Thats something a commoner like myself would never have the resources to do, but it would be really interesting for people in music production! (in my humble opinion)

(pic of my nerd cave attached for absolutely no relavance)

20191114_152847.jpg

On 3/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

How about going to Philippines and checking their cyber Cafe (or what they call computer shop.) most of the computer shops are pretty cheap but the space, air circulation and the environment are not so great. It will be nice if you guys check it out and give your thoughts about it. 

how about an in-depth look at how to identify and secure any open IO Ports as well as finding any hidden open IO ports.

Maybe, a video building a Storinator but with Aliexpress parts for the cheap. I mean, old Xeon X79 or X99 with refubised chipsets in HuanaZhi MoBo, second hand LSI controller, Cheap server memory...

Can we get a review of some of HP gen 6 probooks.

I think the 445R G6 would have been a great addition in the roundup against the macbook air

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

how about a video that explain when you should buy stuff such as laptop.

of course, if you need it now, you need to buy it now.

but i mean when usually there a price-drop or major discounts like we see every year on the older iphones

microsoft surface pro 7?

you guys did a review for the X model, that god knows why it even exist.

how about the better option, the pro 7?

I was just reading an article on HackerNews where a someone was showing what a setup for a Docker/Cloud/Linux development box would look like.  The person gave examples of what worked and what didn't work (thermal throttling etc.).

What was finally chosen was an Intel Nuc which cost something like $1.3K USD+.  Could you guys do a video showing a build in a medium to small form factor that would have similar or far better specs (something AMD'ish or Intel if the price is right).

https://blog.alexellis.io/building-a-linux-desktop-for-cloud-native-development/

Thanks!

1 hour ago, EL02 said:

I would love to see a Taobao pc build.

wtf???

They should recreate the 16k gaming setup but now, instead of using 16 screens in 4k, they should try 4 screens in 8k since they have hie the market.

The point of this is in theory:

-Less screen Bezels

-A lot less of a hassle to setup

-Less compatibilities issues

-Better performance

Heck they could even use a 2180ti by the time they do this video...

Hope the LTT Team read this :P

2 hours ago, FuuMasta said:

Heck they could even use a 2180ti by the time they do this video...

More like they can't even attempt it until the next gen is out since no current card has the required HDMI2.1.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

36 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

More like they can't even attempt it until the next gen is out since no current card has the required HDMI2.1.

Yes, it will soon become even more doable when the most recent version of HDMI and DisplayPort will be integrated on the next gen of GPU. But they could still use current one is they are happy with a limit of 30fps. They could do it just for the sake of it.

But because I think they will not do that on a rush, it will probably happen on the next gen anyway.