Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
On 3/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Adventures in creating homemade Chromebook

You can use a software called cloudready to turn any PC into a Chromebook with chrome os. It runs great on old and slow hardware. I personally use it on a slow hp stream

https://www.neverware.com/freedownload

On 2/10/2020 at 3:14 PM, 123e443 said:

TRY TO COOL A PC WITH (wait for it) .......................... PEE!

Other than the horrifying discomfort for everyone involved and the long term impact to the reliability of the loop, this would work almost identically to a water cooled PC....

That being said, outside of an April Fool's video, I don't think I actually want to see them do this.

Hi Linus, I've always been someone who tries to optimize ever situation possible. (My autistic side) One of my thoughts was a comparison between a white car and a black car. The difference in temperatures between the two are significant. Both inside and out! (The color of the paint and the interior color of the seats...)

Therefore I was wondering if having a pc build with mostly white components versus black would make a difference even the slightest in temperatures throughout the pc.

Can you make a video to compare 2 identical builds with different colors comparing temperatures?

On 3/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Hello Linus,

My name is Kyle and I’ve been a fan and subscriber of yours for about 3 years now, I love your content and everything you have done for the gaming and tech community, but a problem that seems to keep arising no matter what you try to do is, a custom water cooling loop will always need to be replaced eventually due to corrosion, even with proper maintenance. So today I have a video for you, back in the day you built a gaming pc in a fish tank of oil, my idea is oils don’t corrode metals like water, so if you built a pc with a custom oil loop and compared its temperatures with multiple oil types with a pump that is capable of pumping oils, potentially that could be a solve to a water cooling problem, I don’t see a downside. Do you.

I feel many pc builders and enthusiasts would be intrigued by something like this. Btw synthetic car engine oil is great for cooling and lubrications, and it’s better on rubber seals, but I would love to see 4-5 oils and their comparisons in performance.

Thanks again Linus, I really appreciate everything you and your team does for us.

We need a Threadripper build inside of a microwave / see if the heat can cook anything from the 3990X

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

2 hours ago, NeuroDiverse said:

Therefore I was wondering if having a pc build with mostly white components versus black would make a difference even the slightest in temperatures throughout the pc.

You don't put your PC in the sun now do you?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Installing alternative software on hardware and dual booting. Such as chromium , windows10x ;

, Linux  even android x86

Build Video Suggestion:

A build with some considerations I haven’t seen covered before.

Typical: Used for streaming, content creation, gaming, 4K where possible but gaming in 1080p could be ok. Air cooled not liquid since it is my first build.

Atypical: Dual boot windows/Linux, running multiple VMs, enough threads and ram to push everything. 

6 hours ago, Alienware 15 R2 said:

How about Overclocking to a frequency no Gamer or Company has ever imagined?

Linus Please do this.

so extreme overclocks on ln2 do this, and they know a lot more then any tech reviewers unless you count buildzoid or d8auer as reviewers. they would if they could but there guys always push it to the edge of possible. 

Since you guys are a tech channel, and you have already done so many gaming setups and all, why not try and do a Music Producer, setup. Go over the best type of PC components for those who are getting started into producing (How much RAM and CPU but not overkill) and then go into some audio interfaces, microphones, speaker/monitors (not like display monitors, like monitors for playing back music) MIDI keyboards or something of that sort. Altogether that might make a pretty good video and appeal to a larger audience.

I was watching Jays two cents and he had rig with a screen on the side to graphically  display specs from the GPU CPU memory etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HaFdpcB3oI&t=6s how do you do that?

Do a "Linus switches to Linux" series. 

i actually think it's doable. Linux has clients for MS Teams and all that stuff now i believe, and you can run a VM for MS Office. 

i'd be happy to write guides about setup of things such as VFIO if you want to game on a VM for a video or something like that. 

She/Her

13 hours ago, Elo Gaming said:

Music Producer

or a video editor setup, most people are vloggers and youtubers and streamers.

What about a video about an Arduino and how to program them or how you can use them and what they are used for. I’d use the Arduino UNO by Elegoo. 

I think that that would be pretty cool to see. 

Things I do:

Upgrade Computers

Build Computers

Disassemble Computers

My System:

MSI GS65 Stealth

CPU - Intel Core i7-8750H

Memory - 16GB DDR4

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Storage - 512 GB SSD

Operating System - Windows 10 Home

Headset - Turtle Beach Stealth 420X+

You should do an LG WEBOS 2.0 update video for the original ncix WEBOS video.

I saw the 2019 tv lineup, and ended up buying the LG, but i kinda find the o.s. a bit different than what i came from "roku" and is not as easy to setup, things like screen mirroring and stuff just dont work, and i have had a few people say to stay away because of the o.s. and a video on it would probably help alot of people, color and setting optimizations etc.

Scrapyard wars Idea inspired by the recent Dyson PC Build:  The Incognito PC

Make a gaming PC as stealthy and not-PC-looking as possible (think heater, bed, house plant, whatever). That could even be one of the ways to judge how well they did, put all the PCs in a normal room & the teams who's build's get noticed last get more points. I've been thinking about how cool this would be for awhile but the Dyson build really encouraged me to share it.

Linus has done plenty of videos on using a server to simulate multiple user systems, but I'd like to see one that uses current hardware on both the server and consumer side. Namely, I'd like to see them build a typical gaming PC ($700-$1000 range) and some other stuff like a NAS, home work station, and maybe dedicated linux game server, and then compare it to a virtualized system running in a server rack (or just a big beefy case) using beefy current hardware from AMD/radeon, Intel, and Nvidia. I'd really be interested in a total comparison involving cost, footprint, power consumption, noise, convenience, and where that intersection is where one method becomes better than the other (if there is one). I'd like to see where the performance hits are, if any.

I think a circular chart with each category on a point around it would really help to visualize this (all I can think of as an example is those vehicle stat charts in racing games or for stands in JoJo's bizarre adventure).

I'm interested because one big virtualized machine sounds like the best option for minimalist/compact living in terms of materials, power, and noise, but I just don't know. Any thoughts from other users or LTT employees? I promise to buy some merch if you make it!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Explore alternative uses of old computers, such as turning them into routers, HTPCs, or file servers.

Also explore lightweight Linux distros, which can turn an old laptop from 2007 into a very usable web browsing machine.

Linus Please make a gaming computer on a miniature boat remotely controlled by a controller.

because you guys have made a computer on a mini plane so could you possibly make a computer in a mini boat.

P.S you guys are really good with computers and I appreciate all the work you’ve done for all of us.

Hey motivators!
I'm an instructor at a certification college in Texas... I REALLY would love for Linus or other employees... (Anthony, lookin' at YOU! Love your videos man!) to pitch in on IT certifications... specifically CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+... Could we do a video about these?
*****I would like your staff to take the A+ (CompTIA A+, 220-1001 and 220-1002... easy for you all) and help us, your fans,  understand your thoughts about how it may help people, who are new to technology break into the IT world!
It would be awesome to get some guidance from Linus Media Group on certifications.  GO TAKE THE EXAMS and give us some solid feedback!!!!  

If you're down, shoot me an email at SeanC@MyComputerCareer.edu!

CHALLENGE ISSUED!!!   :D 

On 3/21/2019 at 7:16 AM, CPotter said:

Linus Tech Tips

do a build in the nzxt zeal showcase edition

Best Portable Gaming Experience video idea!

Head to Head with the Switch, Switch Lite, Asus ROG 2 with controllers, and Razer Kishi (paired to something like a Sony Xperia 1 with the 'secret' 120hz 4k display) to see what the best portable gaming experience is!

As a bonus maybe a PS Vita could be thrown in there too.