Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Watching the video with you and your daughter building a PC. I remember the one video where your wife and Bitwits wife had a challenge buildoff. What if you did something similar but you got 2 random kids from children's hospitals/orphanages  and each one of you spent half hour or so training one. Then the kids had a buildoff and took the computer back with them to share with the other kids? It would be charitable and would a test of who is more informative when it comes to teaching people to build computers. 

Hi,

The video about the 49" ultrawide got me thinking: these ultrawides really benefit from using a tiling window manager.

Can you make a video about that? I know its not very gamery, but it is poweruser, and I think it would fit right into Antohy's "linux series" of videos!

Thanks

Fibonacci Sequence/Golden Ratio Build

Design, build, and tune a performance desktop PC based entirely around the Fibonacci sequence, numbers, and related mathematics. Then benchmark the result to see if the golden ratio has provided any surprise advantages compared to a more standard comparable build. Basically looking to see if there is a magical combination of frequencies within hardware that can be synchronized to achieve technological witchcraft.

Hello, I am new here in the forum but I still want to post my idea for a new project here. I hope someone reads this.
I know that LTT has already tried cloud storage, but instead of using servers from other companies, you should have a look at Sia. Sia is a decentralized storage network, with all the features needed to use it as an archive. Storage is very cheap at around 2$/TB/month. As the warehouse has a good internet connection the upload should be possible.

Maybe Jack (I guess he is the one with a little bit crypto relation) has some questions. Feel free to contact me! I would be able to help set thing up with you guys!
Thanks!

Linus and friends! I'm calling you all out!   (with love brother!)    I'm in the business of helping people who have no IT experience to fully educated IT roles!  PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ABOUT taking certifications!!! C'mon! There are millions of people who are trying to break into the IT world but have NO IDEA where to start! 

HELP ME OUT LINUS!!! Please!? (Also..  bring Anthony, he's awesome!) 

SeanC@MyComputerCareer.edu 
GET CERTIFIED! (And give your fan base honest feedback!)

The above 2 posts are obviously attempts at disguised advertisment...

If you'd like to market your services through LTT don't post in the forum, contact LMG directly and see about paying for a sponsored video.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

14 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

The above 2 posts are obviously attempts at disguised advertisment...

If you'd like to market your services through LTT don't post in the forum, contact LMG directly and see about paying for a sponsored video.

No I just wanted them to take a look. No disguised ads...

Would love to see Linus do a flash back episode maybe talk about the videos they enjoyed creating the most and maybe the biggest headaches (whole room water cooling?) just a pure nostalgia episode, I'd like to think we have all been on the same journey with Linus

Seeing as a 4.7Ghz OC on a 16 core processor would run unreasonably hot on any generic cooler, why not...

MANUALLY DISABLE CORES 9-16 ON THE RYZEN 9 3950X AND MAKE THE FASTEST RYZEN 3000 / AMD CPU FOR GAMING YET AT A 4.7GHZ OVERCLOCK! essentially turning it into a better binned 3800X (+200Mhz)

Just for video sake of course... as disabling 8 cores on a $1,000 CPU in order to attain higher sustainable overclocks is unrealistic for the average consumer...

Call it "The FASTEST RYZEN 3000 CPU Yet!" (with *insert* linus clickbait face and bright colors in the thumbnail)

;)

On 1/21/2020 at 12:34 AM, Naxila said:

Can you make a video on whether it's worth ponying up $3000+ for a top of the line PC right now even when we're soon getting PCIe 4.0, DDR5, new CPUs and probably new GPUs as well? I've had my shitty gaming laptop for 8 years and I could probably wait (at least until Cyberpunk 2077 comes out) until I get a more future-proof PC. Is it even worth the wait?

Man we laughed back when people starting buying quad core chips. Totally future proofed my PC with Core 2 quad..... lol.

Well, ultimately.... The PC you bought that you waited for, was out dated while manufacturer designs next gen chips during your purchasing process. 

The first dual core was future proof release in April of 2005. 15 years later, 16 thread desktop processor is common place. 15 years from now, we'll be laughing at 16 threaded users. Suckers. 

Okay, so I re watched the mono price gaming setup. I went to the mono price store page in the description of the video and saw they have a 3d printer. I was really intrigued. I wonder if maybe Linus wouldn't be interested in it but someone like Riley would be. 

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Ultimate-DirectDrive-Preloaded-Printable/dp/B01JB5GV0W/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=monoprice&qid=1582384034&sr=8-6

Hey I don't know about everyone else or if I'm posting in the right place but I would like to see something like how you prepair for vids ect maybe do "a week in the life of linus" ? 

Video about using your old hardware or so to set up a server that u can use as a cloud and for game servers at the same time

this is one that you might have to use the new hardware on, ya know the hardware that you got to do the watercooled red camera

We all know that Intel suck for the coolers with most if not all people going for aftermarket (especially with the 9900k) but how bad are they? why not get an Intel and AMD CPU run them with the cooler that comes with the CPU and then swap, get the AMD cooler on the Intel CPU and vice versa, see if it would be worth going out your way to get AMD stock coolers 

How about a video where you make the best full computer setup using only parts found on amazon warehouse deals.

The parts are always random, returns / used for various reasons so you get the comedic factor of the hardware not possibly being perfect etc.

Flip side there are a ton of high end parts from components to monitors, keyboards etc.  so you could build the best system possible then show how much you can save compared to retail buying from the warehouse.

There could also be an added element if to have two people on staff go head to head on a certain budget like a mini junk yard wars, but with only warehouse parts.

From the channel / business side you can naturally integrate the LTT Amazon affiliate link as part of the video.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

New idea, fueled by lack of coffee and too much Mythbusters, but is it possible to use sound waves from an explosion in a repeated pattern to power a series of gaming computers or servers uninterrupted? This serves no purpose, but would be awesome and hilarious if LTT did it.

39 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Mythbusters

Old or new?

The new one I dont like. I dont like the kind of shirts they wear for one.

For your point, wind generations from multiple explosions.

1 hour ago, greenmax said:

Old or new?

The new one I dont like. I dont like the kind of shirts they wear for one.

For your point, wind generations from multiple explosions.

The old show is way better. Wind is not generated by explosions, shockwaves are generated by sound from the explosion.

Just now, FakeCIA said:

The old show is way better. Wind is not generated by explosions, shockwaves are generated by sound from the explosion.

But trees and flags move.

1 hour ago, greenmax said:

But trees and flags move.

Those are waves from sound. In the video, that is the distortion you see.

And it is a form of wind. The further you get the less sharp the pulses becomes.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2