NVIDIA pretends to care about gamers.

You can run it off of one psu the 2 others are for more powar if adding all gpus

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

9 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

yes this is the board
lots of psus tho

I have a i5 6400t that is compatible with the b250 miner.

12 gb of ram 1x4 1x8 

(These were salvage from my dad old pc)

IMG_20210221_100943.thumb.jpg.a068e5df0804d61ab0e58cf04686b308.jpg

IMG_20210221_101048.thumb.jpg.a02e71786816117231802802193d536e.jpg

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On 2/20/2021 at 2:10 PM, Kroon said:

I think all this accusations about greed are quite strange.   Lets say you own a piece of granit (regular stone) and you have two bid on that stone: one for $80 and one for $100 witch bit would you accept?

Companies mission are to make money for the owners nothing else.  This is true for nVidia, AMD, Intel etc etc... Yes even LTT!  Unless you want to change the whole the capitalist system that is what you get.  Whats the alternative?

Indeed, and I am going to do my due diligence by going AMD next time. Indeed 5 Nvidia cards were enough for me!

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

On a second note I wonder how the CMP cards will run Blender... 1049193624_wallpaper2.6.3.1-Copy.thumb.jpg.3a5cc5cbbaa0e7ead2fce7b891e82ee8.jpg

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

The planet is screaming for help; why aren't people listening?

Answer - sociopathic behavior?????????????

I hope this is not the beginning of the end...

Edit - actually, why not use our broken electronics to start a personal museum of personal electronics? that may not be a bad idea...

Edited by linuxChips2600
Problem solving idea

Could the mining GPU's be reused for distributed computing? Examples are some BOINC projects (Einstein@Home is one that uses GPU's) or Folding@Home?

2 hours ago, DJRWolf said:

Could the mining GPU's be reused for distributed computing? Examples are some BOINC projects (Einstein@Home is one that uses GPU's) or Folding@Home?

it has been discussed before, the short answer is, who knows?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

The more I read, the more I see the vocal minority's outrage stemming from the whole PCMR idiosynchricy, always looking for something to hate other than the elitist PC culture they nurture and cherish. At first, it was directed at consoles for being considerably less powerful and more expensive than a budget/mid-range gaming pc... now, since consoles are essentially static PCs in a box, it's the turn of cryptominers to suffer that ball of stupidity.

I personally blame nvidia for this shortage, what with the 20xx SUPER refresh, jacking up the prices of 10xx and 20xx series across the board, every price bracket getting a (more expensive) Ti variant for negligeable performance bumps, GeForce experience, using a countdown timer for exactly when RTX 3000 cards are to get launched, etc.

AMD has its own share of BS, yes; but nvidia is more blatant.

That last one gave miners and scalpers plenty of time to prepare bot nets to get cards before self-entitled gamers anyone else can and strain supply chains in ways they've never been before then. The CMP cards already have a precedence, as indicated in the video, the driver will get reverse engineered in order to restore full ETH mining efficacy on the 3060, just a matter of time.

I'm gonna go on record and say it'll happen sooner rather than later.

Scalpers are part of the problem, and so are miners to some extent. I personally see them as consequential, not causation. It's not because there's currently a mining craze/boom for ETH that the covid pandemic, along with everything that trickled down from it, simply disappears over night. The cause of this shortage is nvidia itself, and no one else.

Team green knew very well what the outcome of the RTX 3000 launch was going to be like, the fallacy that is this CMP announcement a few meager months after the first batch of GPUs got released proves that... or is at least indicative of such a launch prediction. Had it been over six months down the road or in the summer, it wouldn't have this air of puppetteering consumers into blindly trust every word uttered.

On 2/21/2021 at 2:39 AM, atxcyclist said:

As far as the 1060, I'm not happy with my experience with the card anymore and really wasn't shortly into my ownership. Maybe other people are fine with its performance, that's subjective. The truth is that I have tried a half dozen times at multiple places to secure a card, I have been on waiting lists for months, and currently have a standing backorder that may never get fulfilled at this rate. I will pay MSRP, but not the inflated prices the mining and scalping have brought.

If you weren't happy with your purchase near instantly, then why have you kept using it for what I assume is a reasonably long period of time? Are you not aware of return policies on recent purchases?(legit asking)

Also, the performance of a GPU is not subjective, it is objective. The opinion of those that purchase said GPU and the level of satisfaction, however, is indeed subjective, which is not a direct corolation of performance.

I've been gaming on GTX 960 2gig for five years, and while I've had good times with the performance I paid for, I've come to a point where I want to upgrade my GPU. But this kind of thing from nvidia is what has pushed me to go with team red this time instead. The performance may not be the same or comparable with a 5500 XT, but the reality of my situation is that I've grown discontent of the level of performance in the games I want to play. That is my justification for upgrading. I'm totally fine with budget cards and medium graphic settings in games, so long as the performance I experience is similar from one title to the next... on Linux, at that!

If you expect to get a 30xx card at MSRP that isn't second hand, you're going to spend a lot of time waiting on that delusional hill of hope you've stranded yourself on to come to fruition.

Nvidia doesn't care whether or not you pay MSRP for a 3060, which, based on your experience with a 1060, you're likely going to also be unhappy with it just as quickly.

On the other hand, you straight up say you'd like to game on a card that isn't budget tier, then your outrage about miners is somewhat justifiable.

But you haven't done that in any of your posts, you've only been shitposting on those who buy more than 1 GPU to mine with, straight from store shelves at that.

29 minutes ago, Jean-Nicholas said:

If you weren't happy with your purchase near instantly, then why have you kept using it for what I assume is a reasonably long period of time? Are you not aware of return policies on recent purchases?(legit asking)

Also, the performance of a GPU is not subjective, it is objective. The opinion of those that purchase said GPU and the level of satisfaction, however, is indeed subjective, which is not a direct corolation of performance.

I've been gaming on GTX 960 2gig for five years, and while I've had good times with the performance I paid for, I've come to a point where I want to upgrade my GPU. But this kind of thing from nvidia is what has pushed me to go with team red this time instead. The performance may not be the same or comparable with a 5500 XT, but the reality of my situation is that I've grown discontent of the level of performance in the games I want to play. That is my justification for upgrading. I'm totally fine with budget cards and medium graphic settings in games, so long as the performance I experience is similar from one title to the next... on Linux, at that!

If you expect to get a 30xx card at MSRP that isn't second hand, you're going to spend a lot of time waiting on that delusional hill of hope you've stranded yourself on to come to fruition.

Nvidia doesn't care whether or not you pay MSRP for a 3060, which, based on your experience with a 1060, you're likely going to also be unhappy with it just as quickly.

On the other hand, you straight up say you'd like to game on a card that isn't budget tier, then your outrage about miners is somewhat justifiable.

But you haven't done that in any of your posts, you've only been shitposting on those who buy more than 1 GPU to mine with, straight from store shelves at that.

Because I wasn't going to lose money selling a then used card, and there were no other cards available, so returning it for something better wasn't an option. My 750 Ti wasn't cutting it and with no other cards available a 1060 was my only option. Used 900 series cards were worse performance per dollar than 10 series at that time, so only a fool would do that. There are some people happy getting sub-60FPS in light games because they don't care that much, that's subjective. 

My 1060 isn't pulling its weight anymore, so whatever you're gaming on doesn't matter to me. There are no current-gen AMD cards available either.

Yes, that hill of expecting when I buy something my order doesn't get cancelled as I'm clicking pay (like it has twice), or they'll not lie about shipping it to me (that happened too), or the product listed as in-stock actually is in stock when I purchase it (another attempt went that way). My failure isn't from a lack of effort, retailers are being shitty when I buy them at what they're selling them for, which has been at MSRP. Anyone paying above MSRP isn't buying straight from a retailer, maybe a third-party seller through another marketplace, but someone like Best Buy, NewEgg (proper NewEgg), B&H, and etc. are selling these at MSRP as they're not allowed to gouge in their agreements to manufacturers. A 3060 Ti is over double the performance of my current card with a few more gigs of VRAM, I'd be more than happy with one if I could get it.

Nah, that guy has been a dick about this for weeks so it's not shitposting. When someone helps perpetuate the situation going on right now they shouldn't go around telling people to get over it and pay up. That's just being a douche.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

1 hour ago, Jean-Nicholas said:

The more I read, the more I see the vocal minority's outrage stemming from the whole PCMR idiosynchricy, always looking for something to hate other than the elitist PC culture they nurture and cherish. At first, it was directed at consoles for being considerably less powerful and more expensive than a budget/mid-range gaming pc... now, since consoles are essentially static PCs in a box, it's the turn of cryptominers to suffer that ball of stupidity.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with the name calling. Calling everyone upset at how messed up the whole GPU market is a "PCMR elitist" is a huge generalization. I won't touch the PCMR reddit, thanks to the PCMR idiots everything has RGB in it and a build is lesser status unless you have a tempered glass case and go for aesthetics over everything else. But reddit itself is mostly awful too though.

I personally blame nvidia for this shortage, what with the 20xx SUPER refresh, jacking up the prices of 10xx and 20xx series across the board, every price bracket getting a (more expensive) Ti variant for negligeable performance bumps, GeForce experience, using a countdown timer for exactly when RTX 3000 cards are to get launched, etc.

AMD has its own share of BS, yes; but nvidia is more blatant.

While Nvidia is to blame with the shortage, they should be selling gaming cards to the PC gaming market. But if you think Nvidia can just make more cards, then you're being delusional. Because of the covid pandemic theres a total shortage in the semiconductor industry, and Nvidia just isn't going to make more GPU's as crypto could crash at at any time, back with one of the first crypto booms when AMD cards were the the best thing to mine with, AMD listened to the consumer and made more cards, except crypto hit a bust and a ton of used cards flooded the market. AMD nearly went bankrupt with all the unsold cards left over.

A significant cause of the GPU shortage is definitely because of scalpers and miners.

That last one gave miners and scalpers plenty of time to prepare bot nets to get cards before self-entitled gamers anyone else can and strain supply chains in ways they've never been before then.

Oh sure because people that want a single card are so self entitled, yet the people bragging they got a dozen GPU's aren't. /s

The CMP cards already have a precedence, as indicated in the video, the driver will get reverse engineered in order to restore full ETH mining efficacy on the 3060, just a matter of time.

I'm gonna go on record and say it'll happen sooner rather than later.

I expect the 3060 to get BIOS modded, but at least nvidia is doing something, not the most ideal because again I think they should be selling gaming gpus to the intended market, instead of selling them directly to miners, but its something I guess.

56 minutes ago, Jean-Nicholas said:

No one has said otherwise, not that you'd ever go team red though, if how defensive you're being is anything to go by.

Also, there available GPUs, but you're too stuck up to consider that segment of the market, only wanting to buy from retailers.

All in all, it took me about 24 hours to secure a new graphics card to game on while you're waiting for the market as a whole to regain a semblance of normalcy, which it likely won't before the end of 2021.

So you're admitting you paid a scalper, not everyone wants to pay 2X more for a GPU.

56 minutes ago, Jean-Nicholas said:

30 FPS is very playable, if you say otherwise, then you're an FPS snob. That can't be helped.

No, how playable something is subjective, some may enjoy 30FPS enough, others may think if the system is only capable of 30FPS then you may as well game on a console.

I think having a stable FPS is more important than maximum FPS, frame drops are the most annoying in my opinion.

more fps depends on the game, and sometimes on the player or what they really care for going towards.

Also if they have ever played with everything enabled and high frames? If only used to console, then 30 fps could be fine, but even then I would think some games do struggle with lower FPS, and it being a BS claim that 30 should be the standard when 60 is so much smoother and can be better for everyone. While for some games it does matter, or it's built around being in 30 fps.

3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Not sure what you're trying to get at with the name calling.

Eh, don't worry about it. Had to get it out of my system.

4 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

While Nvidia is to blame with the shortage, they should be selling gaming cards to the PC gaming market. But if you think Nvidia can just make more cards, then you're being delusional. Because of the covid pandemic theres a total shortage in the semiconductor industry, and Nvidia just isn't going to make more GPU's as crypto could crash at at any time, back with one of the first crypto booms when AMD cards were the the best thing to mine with, AMD listened to the consumer and made more cards, except crypto hit a bust and a ton of used cards flooded the market. AMD nearly went bankrupt with all the unsold cards left over.

A significant cause of the GPu shortage is definitely because of scalpers and miners.

I'm well aware of the chip shortage. And I'm saying that nvidia has been planning this CMP product announcement from the very start, with the intent of being EoL on launch, not that it'll make much of a difference in overall stock availability or anything though. I mean, even car manufacturers are affected by the chip shortage. If nvidia was seriously trying to have gaming cards go to gamers instead of miners, the CMP series would be all about cryptomining, not have driver limitation on ETH for gaming GPUs instead.

AMD saw an opportunity for profit and took it. Consequences be damned!

17 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I expect the 3060 to get BIOS modded, but at least nvidia is doing something, not the most ideal because again I think they should be selling gaming gpus to the intended market, instead of selling them directly to miners, but its something I guess.

Me too, but not just to remove the ETH hashrate artificial limitation. What nvidia is doing is aggravating the problem of e-waste instead of having a responsible stance instead of being greedy.

22 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

So you're admitting you paid a scalper, not everyone wants to pay 2X more for a GPU.

Not a scalper, a cryptominer that was getting lowballed offers left and right, there's a difference. I just swallowed that pill and went with his asking price, which he said was the same as the rest of the market... soooo­, go me? I don't care either way.

24 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I think having a stable FPS is more important than maximum FPS, frame drops are the most annoying in my opinion.

Like GN Steve has said many times already; high framerate is good, but high frametime is best. I'm probably misquoting the phrase but you get what I mean.

8 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

more fps depends on the game, and sometimes on the player or what they really care for going towards.

Also if they have ever played with everything enabled and high frames? If only used to console, then 30 fps could be fine, but even then I would think some games do struggle with lower FPS, and it being a BS claim that 30 should be the standard when 60 is so much smoother and can be better for everyone. While for some games it does matter, or it's built around being in 30 fps.

I agree that 60 fps makes for a better gaming experience than 30 fps, but that doesn't mean having 30fps on average is unplayable either, you know?

An average of 10fps, on the other hand, is absolutely unplayable by anyone's standard.

1 minute ago, Jean-Nicholas said:

I agree that 60 fps makes for a better gaming experience than 30 fps, but that doesn't mean having 30fps on average is unplayable either, you know?

An average of 10fps, on the other hand, is absolutely unplayable by anyone's standard.

Disagree, and it again depends on the game and what you find playable.

Some games CAN be played in 30 fps, but is at times unplayable, more so in games that are made to run in higher fps.

Else I wouldn't really want to play them, but on average? maybe not, but at times? yes.

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

Disagree, and it again depends on the game and what you find playable.

Some games CAN be played in 30 fps, but is at times unplayable, more so in games that are made to run in higher fps.

Else I wouldn't really want to play them, but on average? maybe not, but at times? yes.

A game like CS:GO plays better the higher the framerate, in comparison to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided at 40 fps average is quite enjoyable. Is that what you're saying?

On 2/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, linuxChips2600 said:

The planet is screaming for help; why aren't people listening?

"The planet" is not an entity with sentience, and it has no interests apart from those of the people living on it.

The environmental impact of crypto mining for absolutely no productive purpose is certainly troubling, but I'm sick of this unscientific woo-woo thing where we ascribe will, feelings, and desire to a rock floating through space. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 2/20/2021 at 7:27 PM, TempestCatto said:

Cards are in stock all over places like Ebay.

Hide contents

You just have to sell a kidney first.

so just like the last 5 years or so... 

Seriously I bought a 1060 for ~€330 2 years ago - and that was considered *cheap* they'd usually go for 350-400 back then. 

GPU at MSRP is just a distant dream here, but it'll never happen - or at least it's *extremely* difficult to find and about as likely as a jackpot in the lottery. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I'm just surprised that anyone is surprised? Nvidia will maximise profits as they are a business that's what they are supposed to do. Yeh Selling Mining cards and claiming that helps gamers is disingenuous but it will fool some people. They can reduce the second hand market for ex mining cards by making them unusable by gamers so I can see why they are trying it, although as Linus pointed on last nights WAN, there is currently enough money sloshing around in crypto to have the 3060 limiter hacked in short order as miners want cards they can offload to unsuspecting gamers when the market goes poof. This problem will only be solved when the crypto markets crash as gaming which makes no revenue will never compete with a profit making business even a sketchy one like mining. I would never pay over MSRP for a card (Well maybe £20-30 if it had extra features) but all the people paying 2x,3x for 30 Series or even old 10 series cards are crazy, gaming is fun but you shouldn't be so desperate to do it that you will pay massively over the odds for out of date tech but then lots of people don't have much common sense.