Would you serve if you got drafted in World War 3???

Ngrungebb91

I wouldn't serve unless something really makes me want to serve. Basically, I'd have to be driven mad like Guts, Big Boss, and Kratos with revenge or mad in general. At that point, I'd be a raging ghost of myself. I'd rather stay out; there's a reason I want to move to Canada, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, or Denmark. If I had other choice, as in I was tracked down and dragged to the office, I would prefer to be on defensive positions or something away from the front lines like a mortar team.

This quote always rings when war is mentioned: "War does not determine who is right, but who is left," - Bertrand Russell.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I would...

...And then immediately sign up to be a mechanic at an air base or something.

there are plenty of other jobs in the army other than the front lines.

Most people on this website are probably more suited to those jobs anyway.

(Australia)

WW3 will not be like COD.... so many of the "yes" answers are fake (if not all) 

Yup, but I'll probably move to Switzerland then and fight for my other country. 

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Even if there was a war, neither countries would use their nukes, because if one country fires a nuke, then the other country will fire one, and so would the allies of both sides..... it would be the end of the world, and I don't think either country is stupid enough to even risk it

Again as I said there would be a cold war, well that's my opinion. If you think about it there is a reason as to why the countries have nukes and that is to eliminate a threat/rising power. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Your right. The count could be in the billions. The United States and Russia still have the largest stock piles of Nuclear weapons out of any country. Hell, I think the US still can destroy the world 4 times with its stock pile. My worry is it could escalate in to this. 

It wouldn't.

A nuclear war wouldn't occur.

Putin and Obama aren't that crazy, lol

I would be drafted at all cause of a foot condition I have that would make it impossible for me to take part in any marches and in general standing or walking around

I didn't know all Americans can be drafted..

I have a hole in my skull, a fu*ked spine! I'm fat and can't walk straight I imagine I couldn't get in if I tried

the US is like fuck it we have the money that we could use to pay off our debt and lets spend it on our military even though it overkill

Murcia in ww3, it would be over before it started

I didn't know all Americans can be drafted..

If you are over 18 theres nothing stopping them unless however you have a condition like back issues or so that would prevent you from going into basic

If you are over 18 theres nothing stopping them unless however you have a condition like back issues or so that would prevent you from going into basic

Glad I'm not an american.. I assume jail isn't fun at all...

After reading several pages of comments id like to address the Americans boasting about how big their military budget is, how many fancy aircraft carriers they have, and how many planes and soldiers they have etc.

Wars are not won by having the best weapons or the most troops. Just look at how bad you guys failed in Vietnam (a third world country), tactics and strategy are key to winning any conflict, do not think that for one second that the Russians are lacking in this department.

Secondly, you have to have public support to win a war. How many people in the states are going to support the deaths of thousands (probably in the hundreds of thousands or even millions). Very few, especially when there will be no gain for the USA even after a victory. 

You also have to consider resources and transporting those resources. Do you really think Russia will allow an easy supply of ammunition, fuel, food and drink etc. No, they would prevent this. Historically Russia has used the scorched earth strategy in order to prevent invasions of their territory. (WW2 and the Napoleonic Wars). You also have to consider the terrain and conditions in the area you are fighting. Guess what, the Russians have more experience in fighting in eastern Europe and the colder environments in Russia.

This is all hypothetical and irrelevant anyway as the Russians have more than enough nuclear weapons to obliterate everything.

Might I suggest you do some more research on the vietnam war, k thanks.

edit: ok two now. december 17 and september 11. 

Do the Fu-Go attacks not count?

O.K. They 'only' killed six but they were attacks on US soil none the less.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

I'd be excluded, due to my back issues (thankfully).

As would I but it would be because I am 51 and diabetic and a sole carer and...

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Might I suggest you do some more research on the vietnam war, k thanks.

Are you suggesting the US won the war?

The US became involved in Vietnam in order to prevent the spread of communism. After US withdrawal the communist forces took over the country.

The reasons for US withdrawal was due to pressure from home caused by high casualty rate.

Im aware that the US won most of the engagements during the war, this just proves my point that winning a war is not just about one factor but many.

I realise that Vietnam is a touchy subject for many people and I do not wish to offend anyone or in any way diminish the bravery and heroism of any individuals personally involved, but the fact remains that the US failed to achieve its goals set out for intervention in Vietnam.

Edit:- Upon rereading my orignal comment i realise what may have caused any misunderstanding and i do appoliogise if this is the case.

" ...(a third world country), tactics..."

This comma is in fact supposed to be a full stop.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Do the Fu-Go attacks not count?

O.K. They 'only' killed six but they were attacks on US soil none the less.

never heard of them until now. so ineffective they didnt even make it in the history books. 

From late 1944 until early 1945, the Japanese launched over 9,300 of these fire balloons, of which 300 were found or observed in the U.S. Despite the high hopes of their designers, the balloons were ineffective as weapons: causing only six deaths (from one single incident) and a small amount of damage.

Edit: figured out why that is. the US government covered it up to keep the american spirits alive and an attempt to make the Japanese feel like their design failed completely. so in conclusion the only people that knew about it were the few in the government or the people that actually saw them. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I am a member of the US Army so I obviously would. I don't think anything will come out of this Russia/Ukraine conflict (from information I have gathered), I also really hope it doesn't lead to anything. The conflict is about a few obvious issues and is mainly overhyped. Russia honestly does not have the capability to stand up to the US and we do not have the number of trained soldiers need for a large conflict.

Perhaps a little bit off-topic..
In my opinion it´s not about freedom and human rights, it´s more about the sway over the oil and power. The USA is playing with the fire and they are not playing in their own backyard, they are playing in the Ukraine, in Europe. If there will be WW3, Europe will be the battlefield anyway. This scares the heck out of me. I am german, and i think that the stupidity of the german government is vast. Over 35-40% of our oil comes from russia, and our government is supporting USA and messing arround with Putin, because they want more power and oil...and that after NSA lol ?! Thats stupid! USA is not even oil supplier of germany. So I would never fight this war for germany alongside USA about power and oil! I am not saying what Putin/russia is doing is legally, but for me it looks like they are securing russias military base and economy (Krim). For me, the allegedly "bad" things russia is doing there, are a little nice pretense for USA to point the finger at russia, saying "they are the bad guys, let´s make WW3". I don´t whant to offend sb., put if I have, I´m sorry!

PS: sorry for my bad english

I am a member of the US Army so I obviously would. I don't think anything will come out of this Russia/Ukraine conflict (from information I have gathered), I also really hope it doesn't lead to anything. The conflict is about a few obvious issues and is mainly overhyped. Russia honestly does not have the capability to stand up to the US and we do not have the number of trained soldiers need for a large conflict.

Finally someone in touch with reality.

Though i will dispute your point about standing army numbers these days which don't necessarily translate into an inherent advantage in this day and age where a major international conflict a ground campaign isn't really the opening thrust of a conflict, and when you start to factor in reservists and paramilitary personnel Russia does come out with a large army base, but that said so does north korea (more than 3x the usa total army size) but the USA doesn't consider nkorea a realistic threat in ground combat.

Though i will dispute your point about standing army numbers these days which don't necessarily translate into an inherent advantage in this day and age where a major international conflict a ground campaign isn't really the opening thrust of a conflict, and when you start to factor in reservists and paramilitary personnel Russia does come out with a large army base, but that said so does north korea (more than 3x the usa total army size) but the USA doesn't consider nkorea a realistic threat in ground combat.

Numbers are still important, just not in the way people think. We need numbers to mainly push multie fronts and hold logistic lanes. The fighting is mainly done by small and powerful systems (airpower, heavy cannon, middle control groups). Numbers do not equal an advantage, but we could 100% not handle russia with our current size, they are needed for some conflict. Glad you can see the media milking this scare for all its worth.

Numbers are still important, just not in the way people think. We need numbers to mainly push multie fronts and hold logistic lanes. The fighting is mainly done by small and powerful systems (airpower, heavy cannon, middle control groups). Numbers do not equal an advantage, but we could 100% not handle russia with our current size, they are needed for some conflict. Glad you can see the media milking this scare for all its worth.

Heh, im old enough to remember the sabre rattling that used to go on in the 80's and 90's, In all honesty I think the general public has just become sooo saturated with conflict over the past decade they just switch off unless the media ramps up the fear factor. Saying a new cold war, wwIII etc. etc. financially we're just all tied to each other too much these days.

I would like to think that we, are the generation of young men and women, that would not kill etch other in some big meaningless pissing-contest :)  

FRACTAL DESIGN R4 / AMD FX 8350 / NVIDIA GTX 770 / ASUS SABERTOOTH FX990 R2

MacBook Pro (2011) w. Samsung 840 PRO & 16 GB Corsair Ram

I would definitely serve. Even though I would not agree the decision of going to war with Russia, it does not mean that I won't support my country. I love this country, and I wouldn't mind fighting for it if need be.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2