Would you serve if you got drafted in World War 3???

Ngrungebb91

Would I want to serve? No... but I still would. Once you are registered, you don't have much of a choice anyways. Unless it is for some medical condition (I doubt asthma counts).

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I'm willing and ready.  But they won't take me :(  I'm too old and my hearing ain't great either.

Go and fight while the politicians who made the "Ok" to start shooting sits snug in their congressional seats and watches from afar? I think not.... It highly depends on what the war is about, and I'm not falling for watered down propaganda. 

If I'm going to put my life on the line it'll be for my ideals, If I'm forced to go to war I'd only be there to make sure the guys next to me don't go down. 

"Politicians hide themselves away 

They only started the war 

Why should they go out to fight? 

They leave that role to the poor 

Time will tell on their power minds 

Making war just for fun 

Treating people just like pawns in chess 

Wait 'til their judgement day comes" - Black Sabbath

Your words are so true!

If I had to fight, I guess I would.  But it depends when the drafting age is.  Russia or USA would have probably nuked each other by the time I am 18.  And anyway, no one gives a fuck about Australia so we would be fine.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

But, why would I die just so my country can get more oil? As that's all Wars are about nowadays. Money and who has the biggest penis, I rather just live far - far away and survive, thanks. 

IF it came down to a ground war. Which is fairly unlikely. I'd be fighting for Denmark. 

Sweden may be where my body is. But Denmark has my heart. And it's danish blood that pumps through my veins.

Either way i will be in some artillery regiment. Raining hellfire onto anyone stupid enough to enter my effective range.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There's a think called nukes, America has a lot of them, so does Russia, so I don't think there will be a WWIII, rather a Cold War II. IF it gets to that. 

Even if there was a war, neither countries would use their nukes, because if one country fires a nuke, then the other country will fire one, and so would the allies of both sides..... it would be the end of the world, and I don't think either country is stupid enough to even risk it

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

I am unable to be drafted. 

The things bout being drafted are the following
You have to pass an asvab, the physical test. 
As all as be within a certain age range. 

Unless they change the laws to do this.. I couldn't be drafted in not to mention I have a criminal history and many who would fight, you would just commit a felony crime with a gun. hire a good lawyer to say it was this or this or stage the crime... You would then not be able to do so..However, by doing time you also are hindering your career in any field you wish..

War is not for me, I don't mind knowing how to fight. I don't mind dying for something i believe in.. However I do nnot believe america needs to be in other countries affairs unless that country threatens us.. and that is hard to do with how much power america truly has in the world.. 

"Overdrive" | My Desktop PC:  Case: Corsair 750D | CPU:  I7-4790K | Motherboard:  Asus z97 Deluxe NFC & WLC | CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i Push Pull | Memory/Ram:  Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb 1600mhz  OS Disk| SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250Gb ; Storage Disc:  HDD: 1 WD 3tb Black |  Graphics Card: EVGA 780Ti Superclocked  ACX | Corsair AXi 860w
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peripherals: Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Logitech G700s | Speakers: Logitech z506 | Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium | Monitors: ASUS Pro Art 248Q  | Calibration: Xrite i1 Display Pro | Printer: Coming Soon

But... That means... Going outside...

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

Can't we just go to war on Call of Duty or some other game and call it good.. you know like they use to use Chess for....lol

"Overdrive" | My Desktop PC:  Case: Corsair 750D | CPU:  I7-4790K | Motherboard:  Asus z97 Deluxe NFC & WLC | CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i Push Pull | Memory/Ram:  Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb 1600mhz  OS Disk| SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250Gb ; Storage Disc:  HDD: 1 WD 3tb Black |  Graphics Card: EVGA 780Ti Superclocked  ACX | Corsair AXi 860w
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peripherals: Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Logitech G700s | Speakers: Logitech z506 | Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium | Monitors: ASUS Pro Art 248Q  | Calibration: Xrite i1 Display Pro | Printer: Coming Soon

You people worry too much.... Well at least my country won't go to war...

As a French citizen, you know, we're pussies to you American people, so no I couldn't go fight.

More seriously, as I'm totally against wars, I wouldn't go, and I would go out on the streets to protest, and I know a hell of a lot of people in my township that would do the same. I know some of you will think that it's a disgrace towards my country not to go fight for freedom and shit, but sorry if I think that freedom cannot be acquired through war.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

There is a lot of us in the USA, like myself, that would volunteer before the draft chooses people. Like my grandfather did and his dad.

Some of the comments from others outside the USA need to remember that if we declare war the other allies will join for example Canada, UK and many more. That's what makes it a world war.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Why does the U.S.A feel like they have to police the world, then benefit from those conflicts in some way, a war is nothing more than violence and violence only makes more violence therefore it will not solve anything, war is nonsense in every way

It's all fine to say "No" now but when the day comes I'm sure the answer would change. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

You may not agree to the fight but its a war that millions of your nations people are also being put into and to let them go without you is simply wrong.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

As a French citizen, you know, we're pussies to you American people, so no I couldn't go fight.

More seriously, as I'm totally against wars, I wouldn't go, and I would go out on the streets to protest, and I know a hell of a lot of people in my township that would do the same. I know some of you will think that it's a disgrace towards my country not to go fight for freedom and shit, but sorry if I think that freedom cannot be acquired through war.

The french are not pussies xD. You're just really good at picking your fights. check out your military history^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Nope. I have what the military would consider a 'disability' and could not be drafted, in all likelihood. Even if I could, I think I could be more useful in a noncombat situation. As for the guy who said something about having "no honor for your country," who cares? I like the US and all, but patriotism is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. In the case of self-defense, I would fight for my own safety. Fighting for someone else's ideals just isn't my style.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it."-George Bernard Shaw

This isn't going to turn into World War III. It would be Cold War II at best.

Right now what are the big things going on? Russia invaded Ukraine. This is a European issue at the moment. If Russia incurred on NATO territory (Ukraine is not in NATO) in an aggressive matter, then it would turn into a quick smear of Russian forces.

The only thing Russia has on the US is 500 more nukes or so (5600 vs 5100) and our delivery system, defense system, and Nuke quality is far superior. We have twice the population and ten times the armed forces in terms of equipment and capability. We have more bases around Russia than Russia has around Russia. We are prepared for this conflict should it arise.

The US isn't the best in academics or social care or infrastructure (besides roads, we're actually really good at that), but we're fucking awesome at war. Like unbelievably better than Russia and its allies. We would beat Russia and China combined. China won't get involved because of its economic relationship with the US and because it's rapidly turning more capitalist (capitalist-authoritarian, granted).

BUT to bring it back to reality: Russia is going to be slapped with some serious economic/political sanctions and at most will be kicked out of a few nice international seats (ideally the UN security council, though that's not likely at all). This escalates until Russia brings back the USSR, which it's actually already trying to do in a way - they want to create an EU of their own where the USSR was, more or less. At that point you could have a cold war where the EU FINALLY gets on its security game because it's not worrying about reconstruction as it was in the first cold war. Russia would then turn to Asian markets for the entirety of its trade, relying heavily on China's development especially.

Nukes won't be used. It would have to get unbelievably desperate before that would happen, and it won't get that far by any stretch of the imagination. The world would rather give up all of Ukraine than end itself via nuclear holocaust.

Or, most likely of all, Russia gets some really shitty long term sanctions and Russians are affected badly by the whole thing, but no actual war breaks out.

If there was a real World War that involved Russia trying to take over Europe I would join up, because I've traveled to Europe enough to like it here (currently studying in Spain). There's also the possibility of an eastward expansion should they actually succeed in taking Western Europe, which is unlikely considering it would be 500 mil people + US support against 145m probably unaided by anyone notable.

TL;DR - There won't be a WWIII unless Russia invades a NATO country, and even then it would surprise me if NATO didn't destroy Russia over a couple of months. More likely is a soft version of the Cold War. Cold War II (or even better, "Cold War Lite")

If some country were to invade my country, I would not necessarily join the army, but I'd do underground work - back in WW2 my great grandfather also did underground work and almost got busted a few times, they buried German soldiers and a jewish girl - things were rough.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

NO

because i am visually impaired, so i do not think that they would trust me with a gun.

however i will sabotage the enemy if they take over my country,

one gets far in sabotage once you know how to kill a combustion engine and electric motors.

WWIII no one will win.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

WWIII will not arise from this crisis. As a coup goes on in a country that has a Russian military base, it's in Russia's interest to invade to ensure the safety of their base and keep their influence. Swap Ukraine with Israel, if a Muslim revolution would happen, the US would surely invade.