Would you serve if you got drafted in World War 3???

Ngrungebb91

Uh, no. While it probably not come to war, the US has a bigger, better equipped standing military, a larger navy and air-force and a higher yield of a nuclear arsenal. The US spends more on defence than the next 20 countries combined. Not to mention we have more allies.

Well , no , the only reason you have a bigger military is because you have an active war and your media encourages people to help out , on the otherside Russia has only 200k active i think but a lot of people in reserve , if you would look only active military North Korea would be the best military in the world , Second of all , if WW3 should come , and if Russia and USA engage each other the people count wouldn't matter , it would only be a matter of who would trigger the 1st nuke , both these countries have enough nukes to destroy half the planet , so numbers really wouldn't mean anything , unless there is a treaty signed to have no use , and still then  the numbers of either of the countries wouldn't matter too much because war doesn't only depend on you but also on the alies you have , while you have western europe , they have China , with China probably North Korea etc etc , point is the number of people in either of the two countries militaries doesn't mean anything because in this day and age it's all about technology , and we can never be sure what kind weapons America or Russia have in their secret bases that they don't reveal to the world . Also , don't go to war , trust me , i come from a country that lived very happy and stupid politicians and 80% of the populations ignorence destroyed , now in every country people live 500% worse , it doesn't solve anything . If you go to war your just a pawn in a very big chess game that high ranking man are playing , while they send their sons into neutral countries to not die , the people send their sons to die for them just because they are blinded by propaganda . For a smart man a war is lost when it began .

No,I wouldn't.Why should I support the stupid decisions of the stupid people which are ruling the world?Why would I want to hurt other people who do what they're being ordered to?

Still,I'm not really in a position to choose here,I'm under age.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

At this point I would rather take the 5 year jail time because why would I fight for a country that the government doesn't give a shit about. Not until the US government starts becoming for the people again will I do them any "favors".

I would wait for World War 3 games to come out and serve there.

Are they allowed to play videogames in prison?

But seriously, if we were endangered to be like destroyed by north korea or something, i would probably serve. But I dont know why would war erupt in a first place anyway. Especially a russia quibbling over a land-they-once-had. Aint nobody fightin fo dat!

War is usually loose-loose situation unless its someone trying to enslave the world or something. Then it has to be done at any cost.

If nukes are used in war, then you would probably die even before you have a chance to fight. I mean if only 1 country has 10 000 nukes... you know whats up.

Btw, Lone Survivor, very vivid a bit over the top, but good war movie. Not great, but it has its meaning.

I always wanted to but I can't :(

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I would fight for my country and die for it. I will die for the person beside me, and fight for the people behind me. In other words if I wasn't 15 years old I would HELLA enlist.

Project Restomod (In progress)

Never for retarded world politics that i do not support, and never should affected my country in the first place.

Remember that the question is about WW3, not Ukrane. It's a bit hard to answer since we can't know what the whole situation would be. But if I were drafted, it would mean defending my country. Of course I would do that.

No, but then I can't get drafted either well I can put I've also got enough medical reasons and enough citizenships to get out of it.

I'd probably volunteer for the British Army before I was drafted if it got real bad. I was originally going to apply to be an officer in the RE like my uncle when I was a lot fitter. Then I'd to get a heart monitor and other crap done which put that on hold and by then I'd changed my mind.

I'd like this stress my opinion varies on which country tried to draft me.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

There will be no war.  Russia getting Crimea is not against International law.  When persons within Ukraine committed a coup removing the Leader of Ukraine and its government it no longer has any standing. Our government in the US knows this. It makes you ponder were we behind the coup ? If so this all makes sense why we would be pissed about Crimea. Large oil and gas area. The rights of a people to determine their own fate is part of the rules of the UN. The Governor of Crimea called for more Russian troops into Crimea when the government of Ukraine collapsed and the president exiled. Why did he call for more ? Because Russian troops have always been in Crimea. Crimea is where Russia`s Black Sea Fleet is docked. Russia is literally on the other side of the bridge of Crimea. Crimea is Russian speaking, culturally Russian and was part of Russia up till 1957. As an American I say let us not die over dirt that is not ours. The People of Crimea voted 93%+ in favor to join back with Russia. I have many Russian friends and as they said Crimea has always been Russian. Now it is part of its homeland once again. So no I will not go to war over something so stupid. Most Politicians keep their offspring safe on bases far from war. While the rest of our Men and women go fight for stupid causes.  They tell us we do it for America. Only the foolish really believe that. Our Military are great soldiers but sadly are used and abused. Sadly we lost our way.

no and it baffles me why anyone would want to join the army. Why would you accept that you'd kill someone? That's someones mother, father, son, daughter, sister, brother, I would be distraught if someone killed a member of my family, so I would not kill anyone. Their life is just as valuable as your life despite what someone tells you. Another thing, why would I want to fight for the upper class? They don't give a shit about us. 

Also that cause is rubbish and is driven by fracking contracts, not to save freedoms.

I simly can't be arsed risking my life because some high placed idiots decided they wanted more power. I'd rather swim to the other side of the world than fighting for a cause that does not excist.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

If I was called in by my country in the event of WWIII I would stand by my country and fight even if it is run by a bunch of arseholes. I wouldn't even consider not fighting for my country unless of course they where clearly in the wrong doing.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

I would only go if it was something i believed in.

Europe's literal insanity is not enough to risk my life for.

If Israel was attacked; i would go to war in a second though.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Russia getting Crimea is not against International law

The People of Crimea voted 93%+ in favor to join back with Russia.

I have many Russian friends and as they said Crimea has always been Russian.

You've been watching a lot of Russia Today, haven't you?

I am the one who knocks.

With me being an electronic engineer I'm probably less likely to be the front line soldier but I would still serve if called (UK)

Poland resident here, hello.

There is a stereotype that Polish fight really well and are very brave - well, that was true few centuries ago. Right now we are extremely weak country with corrupted government and our economy is on a brink of dying to foreing companies. 

OF COURSE I WOULD RUN. TBH I want to run right now from here, I have some money hidden but our currency is SO WEAK wherever I'd go I wouldn't last for long without any help or job. I can sound like a chicken right now but look at us from the other side - we will be the first ones to be forced to wear soldier uniforms (we're Ukraines neighbours) if something happens. I don't want to kill anyone, I don't want to leave my house and my family, I don't want to see suffering, I even can't be a good soldier, I'm a freaking IT guy.

Poland did NOTHING for me that I should repay her for! Our grandfathers fought for better country which got destroyed from inside after they retired.

Yes I'm scared... if WW3 really happens it will be too late for Ukraine and countries around it will be at big threat.

If WWIII happens, the draft will probably not be reinstated, mostly because it won't go on long enough. Its pretty much agreed upon that if another world war were to happen, that it would be very, very short because of the advancements in technology and transportation.  Also there are a very large number of people in the army reserve.

I think its worth pointing out that the USA has the three most powerful air forces in the world.  The US air force and the navy are the most obvious, but the third is a "graveyard" of aircraft out in Arizona that is full of functioning aircraft, which, if we needed, we could take advantage of. Out of the 16 Supercarriers in the world, the US owns 11. With a total of 37 generic active carriers active i the world, the US owns 20 (19 active with 1 in reserve), with 4 more scheduled for construction in the near future.  The missile defense system in the US has advanced to the point where you should feel safe at home unless you live in an extremely big/important city, and the enemy (someone with a ton of nukes like russia in particular)  unleashed their entire arsenal of nukes.  Nuclear warfare is also very unlikely since most of the world recognizes the effects of radiation and how far it can travel.

TL:DR  the US army might not be the biggest in the world, but it is the most technologically advanced by an extremely large margin.  With that said, it isn't small by any means.

Edit:  One of the planned carriers being built is a new class of supercarrier that is even bigger.  The new one is on the right.  The left is an old small supercarrier, but its still a supercarrier  Keep in mind, supercarriers already dwarf regular carriers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/HMS_Ark_Royal_USS_Nimitz_Norfolk1_1978.jpeg

Edit 2:  Aw yeah, Phreedom on a boatcarrierq.jpg

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

As an Australian. We really dont vet a choice. We are allies with America and apart of the commonwealth. And its a morals thing as well. Lime it is YOUR duty.

You've been watching a lot of Russia Today, haven't you?

America invaded a sovereign state in 1999 because they wouldn't let them have bases in their country , bombarded them , even tho the UN council din't approve it , didn't respect a sovereign states borders  , now Kosovo is almost a country but never will be because China and Russia have vetos and won't give them a seat in the un council , and as we know a country is not a country if it's not in the UN . Russia invaded a place where 92% are russians , was once a russian teritory , held a referendum . This is the domino effect that the US cause when it invaded Serbia , next is Hungarians in Romania ,Russians in East Moldova , Catalonia in Spain etc . etc .

I didn't read pages 2-4 so I don't know if this has been said already..

Anywhoo, just to point out the obvious, the US and Russia will not go to war under any circumstances.. Neither Putin nor Obama are idiots, so they obviously have to know that if our two countries were to engage in a hot war, both our countries would be too badly damaged to have gained anything from the conflict. If it were to go nuclear, pretty much the entire planet would be rendered completely uninhabitable by humans. Does anyone seriously think that Putin wouldn't know this? Ultimately Putin will be primarily concerned with doing things that are in the best interests of his country, and engaging the US in hot war would be the exact opposite of that.. 

This entire question is irrelevant because our countries are just too powerful to fight each other.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that troops won't be deployed or that small proxy wars won't break out, all I'm saying is that large scale war directly between the USA and Russia is completely out of the question..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I'd only serve if it was the last available option. I don't support killing other people for the sake of politics. Maybe the better idea would put the politicians in a locked room with one gun in the middle and decide that way.

Btw, any russian soldiers here ? :P

I'm not American, but let me share what I think:

1. An invasion to the US is impossible due to its location. Enemy forces would have to invade Mexico or Canada first, and/or send a shitload of ships and aircrafts across the oceans, which is stupid and suicidal.

2. Terrorist attacks a la 9/11 are possible, but they do (comparatively) little harm and can be prevented.

3. Before any armed conflict takes place, Russia and China will bleed the hell out of the American economy. It's already happening: the dollar's reserve status grows weaker, China is getting its hands on as much of the gold in the world as it can and, as soon as it sees fit, it will decouple its economy and industry from the US. Only then you should worry about a full scale war.

4. If you get drafted, it will be to kill people on foreign soil and to protect the interests of greedy bankers and corrupt, incompetent government officials, not to protect your family (which isn't in any real danger) nor any other bullshit like that.Hope you're able to see that.