I need to join LTT Discord

I joined LTT discord... when I react with accept... I cannot get access to any of the channels 

pls help me

The LTT discord has some unwritten strict requirements for people to join it, to avoid raids.

Your account might need to:

- Be made 5 months ago or earlier

- Have 2FA turned on and a phone number linked

- Have your forum account linked

These might not be the exact requirements, because they don't want to give the exact requirements out there, so people can't raid them or something.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, Oleshka_02 said:

Just talk to a mod, they should fix it

Discord mods and forum mods aren't the same, so no.

See what @minibois wrote.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 hours ago, Oleshka_02 said:

Just talk to a mod

Can't message discord mods, I tried it, I did not try all of them, but from my digging around it looks like they cannot be reached unless you are allowed to contact them.

2 hours ago, minibois said:

The LTT discord has some unwritten strict requirements for people to join it, to avoid raids.

Your account might need to:

- Be made 5 months ago or earlier

- Have 2FA turned on and a phone number linked

- Have your forum account linked

There may be more going on, just my opinion.

Also, having unwritten requirements is kinda shady.

2 hours ago, Bharath1910 said:

I joined LTT discord... when I react with accept... I cannot get access to any of the channels 

pls help me

In my honest opinion, they do not want us to join, because we do not met there unwritten requirements, just my opinion.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

4 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Can't message discord mods, I tried it, I did not try all of them, but from my digging around it looks like they cannot be reached unless you are allowed to contact them.

In my honest opinion, they do not want us to join, because we do not met there unwritten requirements, just my opinion.

Try with these folks. Managing a Discord is more challenging than managing a forum. It's too easy for people to raid a Discord server. And for whatever reason, people who get banned from a server on that platform tend to go nuts and harass the entire community in retaliation. Not something you see on a forum. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

43 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Try with these folks.

Ok.

Thanks, @BlueChinchillaEatingDorito

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

47 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Eh, they're unwritten because they want to avoid raids I assume.

The only thing I dislike about their requirements, is the lack of interaction with a joining user about these rules. Sure, they don't want to blast these rules out there in public, but the current system will just kick people without giving them a reason or next step (causing a ton of agitated forum topics and posts, about another platform).

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

18 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Not  sure if you ever really go on the Discord

No, I'm not in the LTT Discord, so I really am judging from an outsider's perspective.

From said perspective though, I can clearly see there is a lot of traffic on here of people not being able to get in that server.

19 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

they tried to make it easier before and it was not going so well.  One of the bots also doesn't help much as it rando bans too.   But, people were spamming in groups to break the rules, and it got old rather fast from what I remember.

They may not even have to make it easier to join, but just more clear as to why people can't join.

I can't think of a robust system though, as any system to tell genuine people why they can't join is also a system that will tell the bots/raiders why they can't join.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

20 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

Unwritten rules are there to prevent raids, spam and other nasty things. Forum moderation is aware of the details, but discord admins have asked to keep things shady. Besides the things already said, the Discord might not accept new members at the moment. Can't say more about why or when new joins are allowed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv