CDPR admit they have no special deal in place with retailers for Cyberpunk refunds

Master Disaster

As I'm sure most of you are aware, yesterday CDPR apologised for the state of Cyberpunk and offered console owners the option to refund the game if they are unwilling to wait for patches. In case you missed, here is that statement.

EpLqtZ8XEAIEqsX?format=jpg&name=small

Well things took a turn for the worse today when customers tried taking them up on the offer. Customers from Sony, Microsoft and owners of boxed copies are all being refused the refunds CDPR promised them

I've seen mixed results from customers trying to get a refund out of Sony. While there are reports of success, one customer contacted Eurogamer last night to say they had been through live chat and, after being refused a refund there, spoke to a PlayStation customer service rep on the phone and was still refused a refund.

Microsoft's refund policy is a bit less stringent, pointing out most purchases are not eligible for a refund after 14 days. There is a form to fill in, however, if you fancy a go, and it seems customers are, again, having mixed results with this one.

It seems harder to secure a refund when it comes to physical copies of Cyberpunk 2077. GAME store staff are not currently giving out refunds, instead pointing customers to the refund email address CD Projekt included in its statement. When I asked my local GAME store if I could get a refund on the Xbox One version of the game because I considered it to be faulty, a member of staff replied to say no, pointed out updates are coming, and suggested I email CD Projekt.

I spoke to a source at a GAME store who confirmed the policy. Staff are not doing refunds, I was told by the staff member who asked not to be named in order to protect their job. "We've been told to direct people wanting refunds to the CD Project Red email address that was provided," they told me. "The only time we're doing any refunds is if the game is still sealed in the original box. Even then we are only doing exchange or credit note as per our current returns policy."

As it happens there is a reason for that, turns out CDPR have had no contact with any retailers, have not got special measures in place for the refund offer and seem to think the root cause is of all this is customer confusion. Here's what CDPR's SVP of Business Development told investors earlier today.

"One has to understand: Microsoft and Sony have refund policies for every product that is released digitally on their storefronts," Nowakowski said.

"Despite several articles I've seen that things are being set up just for us, it's actually not true - these policies are in place and have always been in place; they're not offered specifically for us. Anyone who has purchased any title on the PlayStation Network or the Microsoft storefront can ask for a refund, and if it's made within certain boundaries, usually related to time, usage and so on, can ask for that refund.

"Our procedure here with Microsoft and Sony is not different than with any other title released on any of those storefronts. I want to state that clearly, as there seem to be certain misconceptions."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-15-the-cyberpunk-2077-refund-situation-is-a-mess-of-mixed-messages

Right, so you released a statement telling people they could have a refund, people asked for their refund, got refused because you didn't tell them all the relevant facts of the matter and then you say customers have misconceptions about your statement.

Yeah they have misconceptions, you guys are the ones who created the misconceptions by telling customers one thing while meaning something else.

This launch has been a giant pile of steaming horse shit and the sad part is, underneath all the bugs and broken promises is a good game in hiding.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I think it's pretty clear in the statement that they had no special arrangement, and were simply asking people to take advantage of existing return policies.

But I'm a rare breed, I read things carefully.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

1 minute ago, HairlessMonkeyBoy said:

I think it's pretty clear in the statement that they had no special arrangement, and were simply asking people to take advantage of existing return policies.

Well you'd be among the minority. Twitter and YouTube have blown up with videos covering this.

They said, you can opt for a refund, if you want a refund then contact MS or Sony. There was no mention of existing policies still being in place at all and considering they are the developers, you'd think them literally telling people they can refund the game would mean they can refund the game.

If they intended people to take existing arrangements into account then why did it take them 3 days from launch to tell people to refund?

It wouldn't be the first time a blanket refund has been offered and respected in the industry.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Well you'd be among the minority. Twitter and YouTube have blown up with videos covering this.

Oh, you've taken a poll of everyone? Or are you just saying there are some loud dumb people on the internet? Because some loud dumb people don't make a majority.

I also didn't infer that there was some special arrangement. They just said to use the regular refund paths for the respective services and that if you had an issue with that, contact them directly. You know what happens when you assume......

Another reason not to buy games digitally on consoles.

Sony's refund policy is essentially this : "if you've downloaded it, you can go fuck yourself".

They don't even give you two hours or whatever else like we see on PC. Just the act of downloading it makes you ineligible to a refund.

That said, I had also interpreted their original message as them having deals in place to get a refund and to contact them if you ran into any issues.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Twitter and YouTube have blown up with videos covering this.

I'm sure they have, nothing gets views and retweets like a controversy, and Cyberpunk 2077 SEO is hot right now...

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

They said, you can opt for a refund, if you want a refund then contact MS or Sony.

Nope. What the statement you posted literally says is, "please use the refund system of PSN or XBOX." The terms and conditions for which you should be aware of.

The only thing they promise is to, "do our best to help you." Their best seems to suck, but they didn't lie...

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

19 minutes ago, HairlessMonkeyBoy said:

They allude to you being able to refund and even direct you how to go about it.  The agreement is implied, per the language.

I read enough legal language, leases and agreements in my job to know there is argument there.  Lawyers will be chomping at the bit to get a class action going soon I wager.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

I don't see anything wrong with this. People should research a buy beforehand and not just expect companies to bend over backwards. It's also made very clear that this is up to the retailer. Just because a bunch of clueless influencers with clickbait titles misled people it doesn't mean it's the devs fault or problem. I think they shouldn't have commented on this in the first place. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

They allude to you being able to refund and even direct you how to go about it.  The agreement is implied, per the language.

I read enough legal language, leases and agreements in my job to know there is argument there.  Lawyers will be chomping at the bit to get a class action going soon I wager.

lol

28 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I don't see anything wrong with this. People should research a buy beforehand and not just expect companies to bend over backwards. It's also made very clear that this is up to the retailer. Just because a bunch of clueless influencers with clickbait titles misled people it doesn't mean it's the devs fault or problem. I think they shouldn't have commented on this in the first place. 🙂

Except they literally could not do that because CDPR only seeded PC review codes and reviewers we're forbidden from using their own footage before the embargo lifted and were literally forced to use CDPR provided stock footage. Nobody could even talk about the last gen version until it released because nobody had seen it.

PC players we're told a little white lie but if you bought this on PS4 or XB1 what CDPR did to you is akin to selling trying to sell you London bridge. You were straight conned to the point were in a lot of Europe & Australia you'd probably be eligible for a refund under your local consumer protection laws. The last gen version of this game is not fit for purpose.

36 minutes ago, HairlessMonkeyBoy said:

I'm sure they have, nothing gets views and retweets like a controversy, and Cyberpunk 2077 SEO is hot right now...

Nope. What the statement you posted literally says is, "please use the refund system of PSN or XBOX." The terms and conditions for which you should be aware of.

The only thing they promise is to, "do our best to help you." Their best seems to suck, but they didn't lie...

Interesting you had to cut out the bit that says "If you're not satisfied with your copy of the game, you can opt for a refund".

They publicly told all last gen owners they could have a refund, no mention of any pre existing exclusions or conditions. They said you can have a refund.

That constitutes a verbal agreement and verbal agreements are legally enforceable.

A verbal contract is a valid contract, barring some exceptions such as agreements involving property or guarantees

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Except they literally could not do that because CDPR only seeded PC review codes and reviewers we're forbidden from using their own footage before the embargo lifted and were literally forced to use CDPR provided stock footage. Nobody could even talk about the last gen version until it released because nobody had seen it.

PC players we're told a little white lie but if you bought this on PS4 or XB1 what CDPR did to you is akin to selling trying to sell you London bridge. You were straight conned to the point were in a lot of Europe & Australia you'd probably be eligible for a refund under your local consumer protection laws. The last gen version of this game is not fit for purpose.

Okay so.. wait for the embargo to lift and then watch old gen footage? I really don't understand what the problem is here.. am I maybe too intelligent? What's wrong with waiting until you are able to see the actual product before you buy it? I never ever had any issues with anything I ever bought. I never regretted a purchase my entire life. 🙂

Just now, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Okay so.. wait for the embargo to lift and then watch old gen footage? I really don't understand what the problem is here.. am I maybe too intelligent? What's wrong with waiting until you are able to see the actual product before you buy it? I never ever had any issues with anything I ever bought. I never regretted a purchase my entire life. 🙂

I don't disagree but that doesn't change the fact that a few weeks before launch CDPR were quoted as saying "the game runs surprisingly well on last gen consoles" then hiding the fact the game was broken beyond belief while also selling the game to unsuspecting customers at £50 a pop.

Anybody who did preorder it shouldn't have but they still were still sold a product which was grossly and deliberately misrepresented.

10 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I don't disagree but that doesn't change the fact that a few weeks before launch CDPR were quoted as saying "the game runs surprisingly well on last gen consoles" then hiding the fact the game was broken beyond belief while also selling the game to unsuspecting customers at £50 a pop.

Anybody who did preorder it shouldn't have but they still were still sold a product which was grossly and deliberately misrepresented.

I still don't get what the problem is. Every single company lies. It's pretty normal and CP2077 is not a game for kids, it's for adults. Adults are fully developed brains that allow them self control unlike kids who just have to buy a Happy Meal at McDonald's because they want that toy, they cannot control themselves. It is a consumer's duty to always avoid giving a business money before you are certain that you want a product. Money is the only incentive for a company to try to give you a good product. As soon as you pre-order you take that incentive away and they will just give you a crappy product. If a consumer falls for marketing and cannot control themselves because a random business told them it's good then it's their own fault. People really need to start trying to be a little more intelligent like me. I never ever pre-order anything until I know exactly what I am buying. If everyone was like me the world would literally be a better place in terms of quality products. Was there ever a company that told consumers that their product is bad so they shouldn't buy it? I hope they will remain tough and not give them refunds because it teaches these people an incredibly important life lesson but if they get their way they will keep doing stupid things like this in the future because they think that if they just cry about it it'll fix it. 🙂

16 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I still don't get what the problem is. Every single company lies. It's pretty normal and CP2077 is not a game for kids, it's for adults. Adults are fully developed brains that allow them self control unlike kids who just have to buy a Happy Meal at McDonald's because they want that toy, they cannot control themselves. It is a consumer's duty to always avoid giving a business money before you are certain that you want a product. Money is the only incentive for a company to try to give you a good product. As soon as you pre-order you take that incentive away and they will just give you a crappy product. If a consumer falls for marketing and cannot control themselves because a random business told them it's good then it's their own fault. People really need to start trying to be a little more intelligent like me. I never ever pre-order anything until I know exactly what I am buying. If everyone was like me the world would literally be a better place in terms of quality products. Was there ever a company that told consumers that their product is bad so they shouldn't buy it? I hope they will remain tough and not give them refunds because it teaches these people an incredibly important life lesson but if they get their way they will keep doing stupid things like this in the future because they think that if they just cry about it it'll fix it. 🙂

Yes, you're special and unique.  No, you have a fundamental misunderstanding how human beings and their psychology work.  Impulse control?  Seriously?

1.  I am certain that I WANT a cyberpunk game like Cyberpunk 2077.

2.  I am reassured by the statement from the CREATORS that it works well for my situation.

3.  Creators in #2 are obligated to be honest to certain degrees due to US and other countries FRAUD laws.

So your "too intelligent" is offset by not understanding parts of the world around you, kind of a net zero sum.  :)  You may not be more intelligent than everyone else.  I'm not either, but then again I didn't buy the game, tho I have bought others.  Cough*Marvel*cough :(

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

https://www.techspot.com/news/87979-cdpr-execs-face-tough-questions-unscheduled-investors-call.html

They just had an unscheduled investors call. CDPR execs faced some tough questions.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

25 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Yes, you're special and unique.  No, you have a fundamental misunderstanding how human beings and their psychology work.  Impulse control?  Seriously?

1.  I am certain that I WANT a cyberpunk game like Cyberpunk 2077.

2.  I am reassured by the statement from the CREATORS that it works well for my situation.

3.  Creators in #2 are obligated to be honest to certain degrees due to US and other countries FRAUD laws.

So your "too intelligent" is offset by not understanding parts of the world around you, kind of a net zero sum.  :)  You may not be more intelligent than everyone else.  I'm not either, but then again I didn't buy the game, tho I have bought others.  Cough*Marvel*cough :(

1. You can never be certain that you want something unless you see an objective review coming from sources not linked to the developer. Therefore this statement is flawed. If you are ever certain tht you want a product prior to this then you are gullible and simply need to further work on developing your brain fully as to avoid falling prey to marketing.

2. There is no such thing as reassurance from the seller of a product. Any piece of information that comes out of a company is marketing including leaks and marketing cannot be trusted. The only reason marketing departments exist is because stupid people exist. Intelligent people like myself could not care less about marketing, trailers and paid reviews. I just click them off.

3. They were honest to a certain degree. The game clearly runs on the consoles. Just because it doesn't run to the standard you expect it doesn't mean that they lied. There are plenty of people who are right now playing the game on old gen consoles and are even close to finishing it. If you really think that this is fraud then I welcome you to sue them and prove me wrong by winning the lawsuit.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. I always try to educate people where possible and I hope that in future you can think a little more about your buying decisions so that you can be like me and affect the world in a positive way. If everyone was like this things like this would never happen because businesses would learn their lesson 🙂

it's always a good idea to not pre-order and wait for people to beta tests, that's for sure, unless they did open beta testing then it's slightly more okay

i hope CDPR makes it out of this alive

other game studios might look at this and be afraid to be this ambitious after this incident i suppose

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

They acted very strangely by seeding review copies (for console) to people a day or so before release. They claimed it was because they were still working on it, but other companies release games in an unfinished state and simply include a disclaimer to the reviewer. The console game, at least on the PS4/Xbox is frankly a joke. Apparently it's slightly better on the next gen (when do we move to calling them current gen, since they're out?) consoles, but still.

The whole "we will try to help you" thing seems slightly backhanded. It's like them saying "oh, we'll talk to Sony/Microsoft and ask nicely, but if they say no, well, we did what we said and we tried." No. You developed the game, you can refund the money.

There's a reason CDPR's stock took a pretty large hit, and I hope it stays low for a while and teaches them a valuable lesson.

Personally I look forward to playing it again in the summer, when it's what it should have been at launch.

2 hours ago, HairlessMonkeyBoy said:

They also stated that they should be contacted if initial attempts didn't succeed. So. They made it seem like they'd make special arrangements.

2 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Really? You don't see a problem with releasing a game that, frankly, is in an unplayable state? Interesting.

1 hour ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Saying every company lies does not mean that it's ok. Saying that it's fine for a company to release something that's broken or not fit for purpose is not only sad, but in a lot of places, illegal. Not only that, this affects people that bought it on release. NOT a preorder. Thus, your entire thought process doesn't fit the entire reason they have to offer refunds.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

17 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

it's always a good idea to not pre-order and wait for people to beta tests, that's for sure, unless they did open beta testing then it's slightly more okay

i hope CDPR makes it out of this alive

other game studios might look at this and be afraid to be this ambitious after this incident i suppose

I hope they are afraid to put out garbage like that. If base PS4 can make Ghost of Tsushima and RDR2 look as good as they do there is no excuse for Cyberpunk to be such a steaming turd.

6 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Really? You don't see a problem with releasing a game that, frankly, is in an unplayable state? Interesting.

Saying every company lies does not mean that it's ok. Saying that it's fine for a company to release something that's broken or not fit for purpose is not only sad, but in a lot of places, illegal. Not only that, this affects people that bought it on release. NOT a preorder. Thus, your entire thought process doesn't fit the entire reason they have to offer refunds.

No I do not see anything wrong with it because it is up to consumers to reward companies for releasing good products. There is no law that says that every single product in existence has to be high quality. Companies simply do what consumers reward them for. I personally think that they should have postponed the game by another month so why did they not do this? Because there was an insane outcry of people spamming social media that if there is one more delay they will not buy the game at all. This comment was top voted on nearly every video on YT and other social media and I can assure you that the developer heard this message loud and clear. Consumers are to blame that an unfinished game was released and now consumers are crying foul and want special treatment after purchasing a product because they did not want to wait for an objective review.

Yes my entire argument is still compleely valid because it does not matter whether you pre-order or not. What matters is how much thought and analysis you put in a purchase. These people clearly did not wait for objective reviews before they bought the game on old gen.

I wanted to buy CP2077 but I didn't so I will explain my thought process so maybe you guys will learn for future purchases. 🙂

1. I wanted to buy CP2077.

2. I waited for release and embargo release despite my favourite review site talking about it and showing game footage a day before embargo end.

3. I looked at a review site famous for being critical and half the video was used to talk about and show the various bugs.

4. It was announced that until February there will be 2 major patches to fix the bugs and improve the game experience.

5. I concluded that I will not be buying the product at this time as I do not feel that I would enjoy it currently and will re-evaluate my decision in March once said reviewer will have commented on the said patches.

5. The money incentive is still there for the developer and they are still motivated to work on the game and improve it because I have not given them the money yet and therefore I am still a potential customer.

This is why we don't pre-order boys and girls. Wait for reviews etc on release versions.

I downloaded the 'demo version' and was not happy with the experience so will try again after some time/updates until I am satisfied and then purchase the game. If it doesn't get to that point, so be it. 

9 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

No I do not see anything wrong with it because it is up to consumers to reward companies for releasing good products. There is no law that says that every single product in existence has to be high quality. Companies simply do what consumers reward them for. I personally think that they should have postponed the game by another month so why did they not do this? Because there was an insane outcry of people spamming social media that if there is one more delay they will not buy the game at all. This comment was top voted on nearly every video on YT and other social media and I can assure you that the developer heard this message loud and clear. Consumers are to blame that an unfinished game was released and now consumers are crying foul and want special treatment after purchasing a product because they did not want to wait for an objective review.

Yes my entire argument is still compleely valid because it does not matter whether you pre-order or not. What matters is how much thought and analysis you put in a purchase. These people clearly did not wait for objective reviews before they bought the game on old gen.

I wanted to buy CP2077 but I didn't so I will explain my thought process so maybe you guys will learn for future purchases. 🙂

1. I wanted to buy CP2077.

2. I waited for release and embargo release despite my favourite review site talking about it and showing game footage a day before embargo end.

3. I looked at a review site famous for being critical and half the video was used to talk about and show the various bugs.

4. It was announced that until February there will be 2 major patches to fix the bugs and improve the game experience.

5. I concluded that I will not be buying the product at this time as I do not feel that I would enjoy it currently and will re-evaluate my decision in March once said reviewer will have commented on the said patches.

5. The money incentive is still there for the developer and they are still motivated to work on the game and improve it because I have not given them the money yet and therefore I am still a potential customer.

So your essentially saying its the customers fault that CDPR lied to them and sold them a thoroughly broken product then? That its OK for a business to lie in order to rip off its customers because the customer wasn't smart enough to catch them out?

Hate to break it to you but what CDPR did here is illegal pretty much everywhere, When a customer buys a product there is a reasonable expectation that the seller hasn't lied to them about the product and that the product will work,

40 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I hope they are afraid to put out garbage like that. If base PS4 can make Ghost of Tsushima and RDR2 look as good as they do there is no excuse for Cyberpunk to be such a steaming turd.

They must have known it was a steam pile on release. I guess if Christmas was a few months away they might have delayed it again, but it appears they gambled to get the Christmas sales, and it's bitten them on the arse.

It's a shame, it's a good game, if you have something that can manage to run it. Is this still an issue on the PS4 Pro and the whatever the fancy last gen Xbox is called?  

5 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

SNIPPITY DOOT

TLDR, don't preorder games or buy games on release. If games like cyberpunk, that have well respected developers that are known for making awesome games, can fall into this "broken buggy crappy launch" schtick, so can any other game.  

Edit: Also there is a problem with companies lying. It being "normal" doesn't change that and don't point fingers solely at the customers (though they are part of the problem) point at the companies who lied. 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you