Poor Black Friday?

Exeon

I can't say I expected much for 2020, but I feel like black friday has been terrible for any products I've been looking out for.

Maybe there will be something more for cyber monday.

But many sites don't even offer any discount this time around, or some pretend they do.

Anyone else facing the same thing?

1 minute ago, Exeon said:

I can't say I expected much for 2020, but I feel like black friday has been terrible for any products I've been looking out for.

But many sites don't even offer any discount this time around, or some pretend they do.

Hey you might want to check www.pcpartpicker.com. it helps me find the deals

Also no I have not been shopping for pc parts lately so no.

33 minutes ago, Exeon said:

find the discounts at blackfriday.com

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Black Friday has never been good for new things.

It is good for old thing sold as new... got to clear the stock out and what better than payday a month before Xmas?

I’ve looked around a lot of BF sales and not bought a thing, I have as good as or near enough items already.

It is good if your item is at end of life (broken or lacking common modern features) but otherwise it’s just a well timed sale of old stock.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I seldom buy stuff just because it's BF. If there's a purchase I want, usually I'll try to hold off to BF to see if I can save a few bucks.

I just swung about ~$200 off a NAS + Drive combo, and I was planning on picking up in the near future regardless.

Last BF I bought my setup, and saved ~$500 on my monitor, and an additional easy $300+ on my system. I've also been picking away at parts for my rifle build that I'm getting regardless. It's good for a few bucks here and there.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

It's like that everywhere this year. Was speaking to a rep at Home Depot at the appliance department (yes I was shopping for a new range since mine kicked the bucket) and they said this year they have can't get any stock and thus don't have much in discounts. Usually on BF they would be giving out gift cards on top of discounts; but this year was just not a good year. Possibly related to the current pandemic. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I wanted an immersion blender, to fully blend things like protein shakes and what not, instead of needed to use the shaker that's a pain in the butt to wash or the counter top blender.

Amazon literally only got three of them for sale on Black Friday....

Spoiler

image.png.f78d55567bb06b09fcc188e0f9456e5a.png

A dirt cheap blender, which reviews says it fucking melts in hot liquid (meaning not dishwasher safe) and the others are way out of my budget that I've allocated for this purchase. Also note the shipping date on the cheap one... I would like it this year, not in 2021. It's not even in stock, yet they are selling it regardless.

I'm hoping for some better deal on Cyber Monday, but considering it's usually the same deals, it probably doesn,t matter.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

The typical rule for Black Friday is that places bring in a small quantity (sometimes 1) of a very cheap version of a very desirable item. Think 65" OLED TVs, but instead of being the high-end Samsungs, they're made by Sumsung or LGee, or they're TVs made by the big names from the absolute trashiest of the trash parts to keep costs low. When the two 65" TVs from Sanaphonic, the refrigerator from Kenhore, the speakers by Boes and the laptop from Dell are all sold out in 30 seconds, well, darn, but hey, look at all these mediocre deals we have for you since you're already here!

The best deals on real brands typically come 1-2 weeks before Christmas. Black Friday is a myth created by retailers who needed an official "start" to holiday shopping to get people out to stores.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Any expectations? I hope the 5600x cpu would be able to fulfill the demand in 2021, spring. And as well as the rtx 3060 ti or 6700 xt will come out at that time.

15 hours ago, Exeon said:

sales are dead to me now. they seem to wast your time and you dont get vary good deals and the deals normally go up in price. pcpartpicker is also dead to me as it would notify me of a price drop so i go check and it back up in price.... and its a pain looking thow there graph to find the "cheapest" price it sold at but that price could be fake like i said above...

i do look for usd stuff on ammazon thow but its a gable some time it works some times you get hosed...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I got a 3600XT for the same price as a 3600, 309 and tax. So about 50-60 off. I got a Strix B550 F for 209 and tax, about 40 off. 16GB Trident Z Royal 3200 CL14 for 215 and tax and 20 bucks sipping lol.. so no deal there and a 500GB WD Black SN750 for 79 and tax, so about 30 off. So all together I saved about 130 between deals and free shipping on the nvme.

Should be a solid bump from a 3770K 🤘🏻

I have the CPU now the rest should be here throughout the week. 

AMD R7 5800X3D @ -28 | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x  8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact |1x T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

Stores have been pumping out "Black Friday Sales" since the beginning of the month, so to me Black Friday just kind of lost all meaning, and TheVarus™ hasn't helped in-person turnout in stores, either. Though, it has made navigating the supermarket a little easier.

Maybe something will come up for Cyber Monday but I doubt it. Not unless I'm being marketed a Cheap Affordable Laptop with Blazing Fast Intel Core Processors For College that isn't any faster than my 9-year-old T420.

Gonna check Cyber Monday for stuff, but BF wasn't Earth shattering. Did pick up some stuff I was planning to get anyway that was a little cheaper so there is that. Biggest sale would be the monitor I bought for $120 off, though.

My local game store had like 20% off wii, gamecube, ps3, and xb360 games. And 50% off a2600, psx, ps2, xbox, nes, snes, gameboy, gbc, gba, and psp.

So no, I found some nice deals.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Looking at my recent Newegg/Amazon history I usually buy a monitor/TV on black Friday.  

2017 = LG 32" 4k 60hz. $70 off.

2018= LG 32" 1440p G sync 144hz. $100 off.

2019= LG 55" OLED TV. $300 off.

This year I wanted to replace my old 28" 4k monitor I use on my test bench but there were standard reductions but no bargains.

So this year I got some $100 headphones.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

On 11/28/2020 at 4:06 AM, thrasher_565 said:

sales are dead to me now. they seem to wast your time and you dont get vary good deals and the deals normally go up in price. pcpartpicker is also dead to me as it would notify me of a price drop so i go check and it back up in price.... and its a pain looking thow there graph to find the "cheapest" price it sold at but that price could be fake like i said above...

i do look for usd stuff on ammazon thow but its a gable some time it works some times you get hosed...

Oh I don't usually buy anything I wasn't planning on buying.

It does happen that there are things on sale that I didn't put on any list but will need in a couple of months.

For instance, I managed to fill up my 1TB SSD that I bought in 2018.

During these sales I managed to grab a 1TB Samsung EVO for a mere 90€, although right now I can make due with cleaning up my SSD I'm sure it won't last.

I do keep up with  price trackers and whatnot, there are sales that aren't really sales, but on amazon it's hard to fool anyone when there is price history available.

A gimmick is what "black friday" is...

I edit my posts more often than not

For less than what 5800x's are currently selling for, I got a 10700ka + Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC so there's that.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:36 AM, JoshY47 said:

Any expectations? I hope the 5600x cpu would be able to fulfill the demand in 2021, spring. And as well as the rtx 3060 ti or 6700 xt will come out at that time.

I was looking forward to upgrade to Ryzen 5000 and couldn't find any anywhere. I was mostly looking in German stores where I usually first see new things. To my surprise I found 5800X in a local shop that was in stock. It's 50€ more than in Germany, but that's the usual price discrepancy, but I saved around 15€ on shipping costs so it's not that horrible. No luck with RX 6000 or RTX 3000 cards though. Totally and absolutely out of stock everywhere. Only RTX 3070 is available, though mostly at ridiculous prices of up to 700€. RTX 3080 all go for 1000€ locally. No way I'm ever paying anything like that for what should cost around 800€ max.

I finally ordered my stream deck mini and was quite excited when I saw a 15% discount site wide according to elgato on twitter.

Spoiler

turns out it was US only. 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

5 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I was looking forward to upgrade to Ryzen 5000 and couldn't find any anywhere. I was mostly looking in German stores where I usually first see new things. To my surprise I found 5800X in a local shop that was in stock. It's 50€ more than in Germany, but that's the usual price discrepancy, but I saved around 15€ on shipping costs so it's not that horrible. No luck with RX 6000 or RTX 3000 cards though. Totally and absolutely out of stock everywhere. Only RTX 3070 is available, though mostly at ridiculous prices of up to 700€. RTX 3080 all go for 1000€ locally. No way I'm ever paying anything like that for what should cost around 800€ max.

My supplier is an official partner of AMD so they are not allowed to rip-off customers with pricing.

It took 3 days for the 5800X and the 5900X to get out of stock,i guess they have a strong protection against bots.

But they barely got any stock of 5600X and AMD GPUs,I don't know if they are partners of NVIDIA but they didn't get even a single unit of RTX 3000 founder's edition cards.

They got barely any AIB cards,and right now stock is pretty much gone

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I mean, everyone was raving about 5600X so that's not unexpected even if they had tons of them. It's also what most people would go with in general.

9 hours ago, Exeon said:

Oh I don't usually buy anything I wasn't planning on buying.

It does happen that there are things on sale that I didn't put on any list but will need in a couple of months.

For instance, I managed to fill up my 1TB SSD that I bought in 2018.

During these sales I managed to grab a 1TB Samsung EVO for a mere 90€, although right now I can make due with cleaning up my SSD I'm sure it won't last.

I do keep up with  price trackers and whatnot, there are sales that aren't really sales, but on amazon it's hard to fool anyone when there is price history available.

amazon has a price price history?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

amazon has a price price history?

There are websites that keep price tracking on amazon like the site called camelcamelcamel

You can lookup a product via the amazon page link and you will get price history.

Usefull during "Sales" as it's easy to find the lowest the product has ever been