Is apple just going to kill x86 now?

LazyLand

Read the title and expected some rant about Apple, not about girls in middle/high school

giphy.gif

46 minutes ago, BadVolf said:

Maybe it's hard to be familiar with women in your mom's basement, but I assure you he's right.. I get laid a ton and I happen to agree with him. They are the kind of woman you take to a fancy restaurant and they end up posing with duck faces with their food to post on Instagram. When I cruise tinder for strange, "Apple or Android" is usually the first question I ask before I unmatch. Just kidding. it's the question I ask before I ask them to stay the night or not. 🤣

Not even two lines in and you pull the "I get laid a ton"; at least do it later on so others can read your entire reply with at least a half-straight face, lol.

37 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

i also fucking hate apple, they make overpriced garbage, most greedy tech company of all time. I still wish stupid MS didn't save them from bankruptcy in 90s, world would have been a much better place, harsh but true.

Someone's angry, jeez. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

21 minutes ago, Elisis said:

8080 used INTERP/80 lmao

does not change anything 8086 was based on 8080

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Just now, mahyar said:

does not change anything 8086 was based on 8080

And yet 8080 doesn't run x86. You're not in the right here.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

3 minutes ago, Elisis said:

And yet 8080 doesn't run x86. You're not in the right here.

your missing the point x86 is just a name for an instruction set

we are talking about age of it 

the age of an instruction set set is defined by its oldest instructions which are 8080's

and the fact that 8086 and its successors can run 8080 code shows that in fact 8080 started the instruction set that we call "x86"

Edited by mahyar

2 minutes ago, mahyar said:

the age of an instruction set set is defined by its oldest instructions which are 8080's

The age of an instruction set is defined by how long it's been an instruction set, now how long the individual instructions have been used.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

4 minutes ago, Elisis said:

And yet 8080 doesn't run x86. You're not in the right here.

It would be far more accurate to say that 8086 doesn't run 8080. It isn't Backward Compatible with the older CPU. But it is Source Code Compatible.

30 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

i also fucking hate apple, they make overpriced garbage, most greedy tech company of all time. I still wish stupid MS didn't save them from bankruptcy in 90s, world would have been a much better place, harsh but true.

Avtually it was Steve Jobs that Saved Apple from Bankruptcy.

Just now, Elisis said:

The age of an instruction set is defined by how long it's been an instruction set, now how long the individual instructions have been used.

fair

but with this definitionntion intel 4004 is the true starter so then again 8086 is not first "x86" cpu

5 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

It would be far more accurate to say that 8086 doesn't run 8080. It isn't Backward Compatible with the older CPU. But it is Source Code Compatible.

well it does 

8086 does run 8080

Just now, mahyar said:

but with this definitionntion intel 4004 is the true starter so then again 8086 is not first "x86" cpu

It's not though. By the definition I stated, the 8086 is the first CPU to introduce the x86 instruction set.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

1 minute ago, Elisis said:

It's not though. By the definition I stated, the 8086 is the first CPU to introduce the x86 instruction set.

well x86 instruction set is not constant a modern x86 cpu has a lot more instructions than 8086 

what im saying is x86 is just a name of  intel's instruction set 

and imo its a wrong name

2 minutes ago, mahyar said:

fair

Wrong the i8086 is the very first x86 CPU and 16-Bit. The 4004 used a different ISA and was 4-Bit. 

1 minute ago, whm1974 said:

Wrong the i8086 is the very first x86 CPU and 16-Bit. The 4004 used a different ISA and was 4-Bit. 

Not if you use their definition of having the "load" instruction or some shit determining the age of x86 :P

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

well x86 instruction set is not constant a modern x86 cpu has a lot more instructions than 8086 

what im saying is x86 is just a name of  intel's instruction set 

and imo its a wrong name

Actually Modern x86 CPUs should be called x86-64 or AMD64.

2 minutes ago, Elisis said:

Not if you use their definition of having the "load" instruction or some shit determining the age of x86 :P

Whose definition?

12 minutes ago, Elisis said:

well my problem is with the name of x86 while true 8086 started "x86"

but imo it should not be named x86 because there are older instruction sets that laid the foundation of x86

i doubt x86 will die because apple transitioned now, but ARM will take a significant amount of marketshare away from x86. i'm expecting to see Microsoft focus more on Windows 10 for ARM and more Windows ARM laptops coming to the market to rival Apple. 

She/Her

1 hour ago, A51UK said:

Most people do not buy apple, there cost too much to take over everything and a lot of us just do not like Apple. Also Apple had PowerPC CPU before going to Intel CPU, it just made them different. It going be no different only small group of people will buy apple new mac. Their laptop cost double the amount of my new one just to meet the around same specification (maybe still under) in the UK, why would I pay double? Also my laptop cost over 1K in first place, apple laptop over 2K. 

You’re not paying for the hardware you’re paying for the software with Apple. I happily paid for a MBP 16 because I hate windows, I deal with it on my PC because nothing else has the support for games. Overall MacOS is just such a nicer place to be. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

24 minutes ago, mahyar said:

well my problem is with the name of x86 while true 8086 started "x86"

but imo it should not be named x86 because there are older instruction sets that laid the foundation of x86

Actually you could run MS-DOS along with it's Applications on current x86-64 CPUs if you wanted to. The only real problem is getting them instead from Floppy Disks.

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

Not even two lines in and you pull the "I get laid a ton";

I got very much badly upset about @BadVolf's comment and had to go upstairs of the house I live in and own to ask my husband, if he thinks I, his wife, don't know anything about women or if I'm not getting laid enough on Tinder! 😭 I am just devastated, I tell you! Devastated!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

20 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

if he thinks I, his wife, don't know anything about women or if I'm not getting laid enough on Tinder! 😭 I am just devastated, I tell you! Devastated!

Well, until you're more experienced "picking up strange" on tinder, I'm just not sure your opinions on tech issues matter.😜

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

3 hours ago, LazyLand said:

Please tell me no, I'm tired of apple taking over in everything.

No.

The AMD X86-64 ISA and all its weird extensions are here to stay, for likely decades to come.

There are industries still running Z80 processors today, and that thing and its 8500 transistors came out in 1976 (yes, 8.5K, not 8.5M or 8.5G). It's still being manufactured, with the only change being a cheap cmos process because the foundries that made the original BJT process are long gone with its engineers likely retired.

Still, I expect the RISC-V and ARM ISAs to gain market share over X86 in the coming years.

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

You’re not paying for the hardware you’re paying for the software with Apple. I happily paid for a MBP 16 because I hate windows, I deal with it on my PC because nothing else has the support for games. Overall MacOS is just such a nicer place to be. 

It was including cost of Windows 10 Pro (e.g. Software) and Apple still was double the price. Also you have still buy more software with Apple that not including in the cost. If I added the cost of software apple is still double the price. Myself do not MacOS, find it harder to used them Windows or MS DOS or Linux. You should try Linux it have some really nice GUI, one or two look very much like MacOS GUI. 

3 hours ago, LazyLand said:

Please tell me no, I'm tired of apple taking over in everything. 
I dislike apple, mainly because how the people that use their products behave. Many girls I know did this stupid challenge video where they put down a finger if they wanna date the guy described.. kind of. There's just a voice saying "He is cute but he has bad teeth" "He is cute but he is short" AND "He is cute but he has an android" I watched like 50 videos before one got their finger down about the android guy. That's the kind of person I talk about, and I kind of developed hate for apple. I know I shouldn't but idk I can't really control it I just kind of hate them.

But any way,
Please tell me amd and intel has what to show apple,  I don't want macbooks to take over everywhere. In my country they are still rare, but with how many people use iphones in my country it's just because It didn't really become a trend yet.. No way they can just beat 2 companies with all the experience and years behind, right?
right..?

Since the most common association I see with young people and android is not being able to afford an iPhone the implication would be “He’s cute but he has an android” seems to be code for “he’s cute but doesn’t have much money” which is sort of what the other ones were as well. “He’s cute but he’s short” is he’s cute but wasn’t fed all that well as a child “ and “he’s cute but has bad teeth” is “he’s cute but money wasn’t spent fixing his teeth”. There’s also the bad genes implications. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.