Is apple just going to kill x86 now?

LazyLand
15 minutes ago, A51UK said:

It was including cost of Windows 10 Pro (e.g. Software) and Apple still was double the price. Also you have still buy more software with Apple that not including in the cost. If I added the cost of software apple is still double the price. Myself do not MacOS, find it harder to used them Windows or MS DOS or Linux. You should try Linux it have some really nice GUI, one or two look very much like MacOS GUI. 

You can’t equate windows 10 to MacOS or Linux. They’re all very different. Windows is just annoying, filled with ads and is barebones AF now, like you need to subscribe to office now for £60 a month, you get wordpad as a word processor, no spreadsheets, no presentation software or anything really. You get a LOT of software with MacOS that apparently Microsoft sees as a £60 a year add on. Plus you get stuff like video editing software in iMovie which isn’t great outside of the basics but is free, easy to use and built in. Even things like supported video codecs. I tried to plug a video into resolve and windows would not recognise the H.265 files. Worked fine on the Mac, I could also convert it to pretty much anything I’d like on the Mac because it natively supports the most used codecs. Converted it to H.264, put it on the PC and worked fine after that. 

Linux I will swap to if they get the gaming API up to speed. Other than that it’s just a lot of faff vs MacOS and doesn’t have the support of W10 for games or software to swap my desktop over. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Since the most common association I see with young people and android is not being able to afford an iPhone the implication would be “He’s cute but he has an android” seems to be code for “he’s cute but doesn’t have much money” which is sort of what the other ones were as well. “He’s cute but he’s short” is he’s cute but wasn’t fed all that well as a child “ and “he’s cute but has bad teeth” is “he’s cute but money wasn’t spent fixing his teeth”. There’s also the bad genes implications. 

ahhhh
actually not really
I don't even remember if it was about teeth or height, I just gave examples 
I don't think it has a lot to do with money actually tbh. That's not what it feels like. Just people snobbish instagram/tiktok girls with iphones that are 100% sure they are so good and all android phones are such bad toys 

Actually one of the main reasons is that right now everyone use tiktok, and I can't begin to describe how horrible the reputation of android is on tiktok. 
It is partially because android on tiktok is just bad, the optimization for the camera is  just bad, it makes an note 20 ultra look like the galaxy s2.. Making almost fucking everyone on the app believe android phones are horrible. I don't like iphone but I have to admit, I am deeply disappointed that we can't at least optimize the flagships devices, while every iphone has the best optimization. 

Personally I deleted the app after a while, The iq level there is just so low. It's unbearable. But It still upsets me a little bit that iphone do have that better.

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

You can’t equate windows 10 to MacOS or Linux. They’re all very different. Windows is just annoying, filled with ads and is barebones AF now, like you need to subscribe to office now for £60 a month, you get wordpad as a word processor, no spreadsheets, no presentation software or anything really. You get a LOT of software with MacOS that apparently Microsoft sees as a £60 a year add on. Plus you get stuff like video editing software in iMovie which isn’t great outside of the basics but is free, easy to use and built in. Even things like supported video codecs. I tried to plug a video into resolve and windows would not recognise the H.265 files. Worked fine on the Mac, I could also convert it to pretty much anything I’d like on the Mac because it natively supports the most used codecs. Converted it to H.264, put it on the PC and worked fine after that. 

Linux I will swap to if they get the gaming API up to speed. Other than that it’s just a lot of faff vs MacOS and doesn’t have the support of W10 for games or software to swap my desktop over. 

So I'm the only one getting free full office pro+ from my country? 
lol

14 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

What Ads on Windows 10?  I have no idea the cost of office now day, as I did not use it as  I use google gsuite what is free.  Microsoft not allowed to just put any software like office or any other on there OS due to monopoly and allow other company to sell there software. A lot of software is free on Windows and Linux. If apple get big there will have to remove most of the add-on software as well. Also most people want a OS that is just a OS and allow put what software there want on it. 

Just now, A51UK said:

What Ads on Windows 10?  I have no idea the cost of office now day, as I did not use it as  I use google gsuite what is free.  Microsoft not allowed to just put any software like office or any other on there OS due to monopoly and allow other company to sell there software. A lot of software is free on Windows and Linux. If apple get big there will have to remove most of the add-on software as well. Also most people want a OS that is just a OS and allow put what software there want on it. 

Open the start bar and you get ads for stuff like candy crush and random crap. 

Don’t use Gsuite it’s too temperamental, doesn’t have all the features it should have and if you don’t have an internet connection you’re screwed. 

They weren’t made to drop office it was mainly internet explorer of all things and windows media player. Office hasn’t been touched. 

You can put whatever software you want on a Mac there just has to be a version for it? They just offer a lot of software out of box that’s very usable. 

4 hours ago, Levent said:

Holy shit. I never expected to see sexual frustration in combination with ARM architecture.

X86? More like SEX86!  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Truth is, whether iOS or Android, you shouldn't judge people based on which phone they own owns them.

5 hours ago, LazyLand said:

Please tell me no, I'm tired of apple taking over in everything. 
I dislike apple, mainly because how the people that use their products behave. Many girls I know did this stupid challenge video where they put down a finger if they wanna date the guy described.. kind of. There's just a voice saying "He is cute but he has bad teeth" "He is cute but he is short" AND "He is cute but he has an android" I watched like 50 videos before one got their finger down about the android guy. That's the kind of person I talk about, and I kind of developed hate for apple. I know I shouldn't but idk I can't really control it I just kind of hate them.

But any way,
Please tell me amd and intel has what to show apple,  I don't want macbooks to take over everywhere. In my country they are still rare, but with how many people use iphones in my country it's just because It didn't really become a trend yet.. No way they can just beat 2 companies with all the experience and years behind, right?
right..?

Wow, this is so incredibly filled with nothing to do with tech...

The world isn't ending, relax.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

3 hours ago, WikiForce said:

i also fucking hate apple, they make overpriced garbage, most greedy tech company of all time. I still wish stupid MS didn't save them from bankruptcy in 90s, world would have been a much better place, harsh but true.

Ah yes, 10lb laptops and physical keyboard smartphones would be much better. Apple has dragged a lot of the tech world along over the last 20 years you have a lot to thank them for, even if you don’t use anything they make. 

4 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Where do you live that people give you shit for having an Android phone?

Probably High School lol.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, WikiForce said:

i also fucking hate apple, they make overpriced garbage, most greedy tech company of all time. I still wish stupid MS didn't save them from bankruptcy in 90s, world would have been a much better place, harsh but true.

Apple does sck, I can get you there. But they shapped the tech industry. They have had ssds in all of their machines since 2011. Windows laptops didnt see those for years.

Apple's iphone was the only thing like it.

The iphone 3G had a App Store.

Apple didnt invent the outch id hardware, but after the iPhone 5, everyone had it.

iPads are the superior tablets, Microsoft's surface line shouldnt even count here, the ones that compete compete from x86.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Apple does sck, I can get you there. But they shapped the tech industry. They have had ssds in all of their machines since 2011. Windows laptops didnt see those for years.

Apple's iphone was the only thing like it.

The iphone 3G had a App Store.

Apple didnt invent the outch id hardware, but after the iPhone 5, everyone had it.

iPads are the superior tablets, Microsoft's surface line shouldnt even count here, the ones that compete compete from x86.

It's more about HOW Apple has gone about doing what they do, not WHAT they've done.

There is no arguing they've changed tech, for the better or worse?  We've mined more aluminum than ever before, we're upgrading annually cuz Apple touts coolness over performance (and have poisonous "recycling" areas in third world countries to show for it), and  we having Foxconn employees commiting suicide as they're overworked due to quotas and work environments.  Not exactly Apple' fault but if you argue they "lead tech" then they set this ball rolling.

Just the other side of the coin, we all know the good stuff.  But we put our heads in the sand about the bad.

Bottom line is people suck, and Apple profited greatly by manipulating and capitalizing on that.  

I would too, of course.  Apple isn't some golden god leader tho.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

1 hour ago, LazyLand said:

ahhhh
actually not really
I don't even remember if it was about teeth or height, I just gave examples 
I don't think it has a lot to do with money actually tbh. That's not what it feels like. Just people snobbish instagram/tiktok girls with iphones that are 100% sure they are so good and all android phones are such bad toys 

Actually one of the main reasons is that right now everyone use tiktok, and I can't begin to describe how horrible the reputation of android is on tiktok. 
It is partially because android on tiktok is just bad, the optimization for the camera is  just bad, it makes an note 20 ultra look like the galaxy s2.. Making almost fucking everyone on the app believe android phones are horrible. I don't like iphone but I have to admit, I am deeply disappointed that we can't at least optimize the flagships devices, while every iphone has the best optimization. 

Personally I deleted the app after a while, The iq level there is just so low. It's unbearable. But It still upsets me a little bit that iphone do have that better.

Snobbishness? Sure.  Probably doesn’t have anything to do with reality either.  What I am given to understand though, is that android in some circles is associated with not having enough money for an iPhone.  Is it true?  Probably not.  I’m not sure that matters though in this case.  Is android merely being destroyed by a mere garbage software implementation? Very possibly.  I guess it comes down to how one thinks people think.  Women seem to me to have different actual interests in men than they “officially” claim to, and most of them have to do with “will my children grow up healthy if I hitch my wagon to this cart?”  Confidence and leadership qualities for example are huge, and have zero to do with any standard physical stuff. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

It's more about HOW Apple has gone about doing what they do, not WHAT they've done.

There is no arguing they've changed tech, for the better or worse?  We've mined more aluminum than ever before, we're upgrading annually cuz Apple touts coolness over performance (and have poisonous "recycling" areas in third world countries to show for it), and  we having Foxconn employees commiting suicide as they're overworked due to quotas and work environments.  Not exactly Apple' fault but if you argue they "lead tech" then they set this ball rolling.

Would point out that factories that Apple uses are much better than the rest and they do actively make companies improve, obviously it moves slowly but Rome wasn’t built in a day. Also they’re using 100% recycled metals for most work now and recycling is recycling it all uses harsh chemical reagents.

Just the other side of the coin, we all know the good stuff.  But we put our heads in the sand about the bad.

The bad stuff isn’t being ignored it’s just stuff companies can’t change instantly, I’m sure Apple or any other company would love the PR of only using happy sunshine rainbow facilities but they don’t exist. 

Bottom line is people suck, and Apple profited greatly by manipulating and capitalizing on that.  

Again it’s not just apple it’s pretty much every company that operates on a large enough scale. 

A logo is a logo people who worship them are just stupid. 

5 hours ago, Levent said:

Holy shit. I never expected to see sexual frustration in combination with ARM architecture.

Only on LTT Forumstm

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Snobbishness? Sure.  Probably doesn’t have anything to do with reality either.  What I am given to understand though, is that android in some circles is associated with not having enough money for an iPhone.  Is it true?  Probably not.  I’m not sure that matters though in this case.  Is android merely being destroyed by a mere garbage software implementation? Very possibly.  I guess it comes down to how one thinks people think.  Women seem to me to have different actual interests in men than they “officially” claim to, and most of them have to do with “will my children grow up healthy if I hitch my wagon to this cart?”  Confidence and leadership qualities for example are huge, and have zero to do with any standard physical stuff. 

It goes the other way too, there’s circles of android folk calling people with anything Apple isheep etc. Just platform wars people get too involved with brands. See Sega vs Nintendo, Microsoft Vs Sony, Intel vs AMD, marvel vs DC, Nvidia vs AMD etc etc etc 

I'd say worse because they've pushed people to upgrade every year as you mention, and they've pushed other companies to take away basic features like the headphone jack, removable batteries, and soldering in the SSD and RAM into laptops, making the device disposable and creating more e-waste.

As for this topic, x86 isn't going anywhere, a majority of the market uses x86, and it's not going anywhere because companies will continue to use their existing software. Those that have to use a mac will be forced away from x86, and I would recommend people to not buy a x86 mac because who knows how well the support is going to be.

And apple is already trying to get people to ditch their 2013- 2014 model macbooks as those laptops can get stuck on a black screen while upgrading to big sur.

23 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Ah yes, 10lb laptops and physical keyboard smartphones would be much better. Apple has dragged a lot of the tech world along over the last 20 years you have a lot to thank them for, even if you don’t use anything they make. 

Well apple didn't invent the touch screen phone, and apple has pushed industry to make laptops that are form over function that need a pile of dongles to get anything done.

In what universe did they "do it better"? 

Apple purists were shocked when they switched to Intel, but no one could deny the better performance. If Apple uses their own chips, literally nothing changes in the PC space.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

Well apple didn't invent the touch screen phone, and apple has pushed industry to make laptops that are form over function that need a pile of dongles to get anything done.

Right, because no other manufacturer priortizes a slim device over functionality. Gotta ride that Apple hate train.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Mooshi said:

If Apple uses their own chips, literally nothing changes in the PC space.

I mean, I would actually love if ARM became somewhat mainstream, if only for the massive increase in efficiency and battery life.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Right, because no other manufacturer priortizes a slim device over functionality. Gotta ride that Apple hate train.

Other manufacturers still at least let you upgrade the M.2 drive, or easily remove the battery, the Dell XPS 13 is just one example.

Interesting how people still jump to conclusions and assume someone is simply hating on the brand they're biased towards.

4 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Avtually it was Steve Jobs that Saved Apple from Bankruptcy.

In August of 1997, Gates stepped in and saved Apple, which, at the time, was on the brink of bankruptcy. ... The world's a better place," Jobs told Gates after the Microsoft exec agreed to make a $150 million investment in Apple.Aug 29, 2017 (source: cnbc)

11 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Other manufacturers still at least let you upgrade the M.2 drive, or easily remove the battery, the Dell XPS 13 is just one example.

Interesting how people still jump to conclusions and assume someone is simply hating on the brand they're biased towards.

I have never owned any Apple products and have absolutely zero intention of doing so.

Interesting how people here on this forum seem to just instantly assume Apple is 100% at fault and that no other manufacturer is doing the same exact bullshit they're pulling, but no, I'm biased towards Apple. Huh.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

19 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Well they did invent the capacitive multitouch display. Pinch to zoom was completely new and revolutionary at the time. Phones were also using resistive touch screens with stylus’ vs just using fingers. Smartphones were also modelled like blackberry’s or the Sony Ericsson P990/P1. They also started the App Store, introduced good screens, a good mobile browser instead of WAP which was terrible, they started using NVME SSDs in their phones from the iPhone 6S onwards, they pushed for biometrics in phones and no one else has a FaceID competitor and that’s been out for 4 generations now? 

Have you ever used a MacBook... having a laptop you can carry with you, lasts a full work day and is easy to you with an excellent trackpad and keyboard is what they started. Ultra books which are what most people like due to convenience are a thing because of apple, when they pulled the air out of that envelope it was amazing at the time. 

Also you need one dongle, not a pile

Windows is like the master of backwards compatibility. 

Sometimes their backwards compatibility is Shakey at best, but they do it the best. (It's hard)

32 bit will probably be supported for a while. Afaik, all modern cpu also still support x86. 

48 minutes ago, DavidKalinowski said:
In August of 1997, Gates stepped in and saved Apple, which, at the time, was on the brink of bankruptcy. ... The world's a better place," Jobs told Gates after the Microsoft exec agreed to make a $150 million investment in Apple.Aug 29, 2017 (source: cnbc)

Well Steve Jobs is the one who brought Apple back to Profitability.