UPDATED : Possible Hostage situation at Ubisoft Montreal - confirmed swatting hoax

agatong55
Just now, wkdpaul said:

it's very possible, yes. But there's information that the call to the police came from inside Ubisoft HQ.

It's coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE: 12 steps for your employees to become  cyber-aware

In all seriousness, I hope it is just a misunderstanding or a prank call

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Just now, piratemonkey said:

*snip*

Just now, rcmaehl said:

*snip*

The news channel (LCN) says that information is coming from their police source ; it's coming apparent that it's a swatting incident.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

They just evacuated people from the building, the people on the roof are still there.

Looking more and more to have been a "swatting prank" indeed.

The last update from LCN is to say

15h17 | La tension vient de baisser d'un cran chez Ubisoft; l'appel déclenchant l'opération policière majeure ne serait pas fondé.

Le SPVM refuse toutefois de confirmer quoi que ce soit. 

The original call for this whole thing may not have been legit. But the SPVM (montreal's police) doesn't confirm anything yet.

15h32 | Des gens commencent à évacuer le bâtiment.

Des dizaines de personnes sont vues accompagnées des policiers. Le tout se passe dans le calme.

People got evacuated, police will be meeting with the evacuated people to know what happened.

The people on the roof are still calm and locked themselves up on the roof. At least they have their coats, so no worry of them getting too cold.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

EDIT ; they didn't remove all the items blocking the doors, we got more images and the doors still have things stuffed on the doors.

People on the roof are removing the object they used to barricade the doors ;

image.png.11b51f1f57443adbeeeb5a151c3ec893.png

Edited by wkdpaul

Thanks everybody for the updates so we don‘t have to open several links especially on mobile. 

But it man that is horrible I really hope it‘s not a real threat and everybody gets away from this (physically) unharmed. Hate Ubi as much as you want, no one should have to live through something like that. 

So the call apparently did come from the inside... and sounded serious enough.

Well, I guess this could count as "training" for our cops at least, so not everything is lost if it was a "prank". It sure as fuck isn't funny though. Hope they catch the bastard who did this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

People are being evacuated from the building, they are brought to city bus they mobilized. People on the roof are still there.

image.thumb.png.8485fd479e9b69e349d6647a1bad64b3.png

image.thumb.png.270c602b0d8d2ada3eef2708313f9169.png

Just now, agatong55 said:
No threat has been identified for now. We are currently evacuating the building. #SPVM

Sorry, I stayed in the thread and was listening to the live broadcast and was updating your thread as it was developing :D

3 hours ago, agatong55 said:

Employees would be embarrassed in a conference room, according to our sources. Others are said to have fled through the roof. 

What does that even mean?

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

A bad google translate

You are a no said

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Do we actually know its a hostage situation? This is Ubisoft, its just as likely to be a group of disgruntled employees going postal over crunch, abuse, non payment of bonuses... Pick your poison and I'm sure its happened there at some point.

Or possibly anyone that has ever used Uplay even once.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs