Advice wanted for stream setup.

Lately i do a bit of streaming on Twitch when i play games. I'll be moving in a few months and if i'm still streaming then i want to rework my setup. Personally i don't like gaming with headset. So i want to get a boom mic with arm and just use my speakers for game audio. Is that duable? Atm i've some Razer headset and looked real quick for a cheap boom mic. Let's say i get a Razer Seiren Mini with a arm/pop filter from Amazon. Right now that would cost 70 euro's. How do i setup the audio/speakers not to get picked up on the mic?

PC is a 5700X3D with a rx 6600 and 32gb ram 

Speakers are Edifier R1280DB's

Webcam is a Anker PowerConf C200

I use OBS with some Streamelements overlays

The cardioid patterns of dynamic microphones already do what you're looking for. As long as you speak inside a certain zone in front of the microphone, it will pick up your voice, and outside of the zone the audible level significantly drops off.

I have the FiFine AM8T and I play game audio through my speakers.

This is also my recommendation that the AM8 (AM8T is the boom arm bundle) is a great budget microphone. My friends said my voice sounded more podcasty when I upgraded from an ancient ModMic.

IMO you should look into gaming with earbuds.

I hate wearing over-ear headphones due to discomfort from my large head and ears, but I can wear earbuds for several hours with no issues. We're in the golden age of audiophile equipment with how amazing cheap IEMs sound now thanks to Chi-Fi (Chinese Hi-Fi)

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

On 5/13/2024 at 3:53 AM, saintlouisbagels said:

IMO you should look into gaming with earbuds.

I hate wearing over-ear headphones due to discomfort from my large head and ears, but I can wear earbuds for several hours with no issues. We're in the golden age of audiophile equipment with how amazing cheap IEMs sound now thanks to Chi-Fi (Chinese Hi-Fi)

Won't be looking into earbuds since i like to hear my surroundings when someone needs me at home.

On 5/13/2024 at 3:53 AM, saintlouisbagels said:

The cardioid patterns of dynamic microphones already do what you're looking for. As long as you speak inside a certain zone in front of the microphone, it will pick up your voice, and outside of the zone the audible level significantly drops off.

I have the FiFine AM8T and I play game audio through my speakers.

This is also my recommendation that the AM8 (AM8T is the boom arm bundle) is a great budget microphone. My friends said my voice sounded more podcasty when I upgraded from an ancient ModMic.

Did some watching of reviews and i ordered your recommendation. Ordered it on amazon, so i can try it and always send it back no issues. Doubt i need to send it back since i looks pretty good.