Buy RAM or Not to Buy RAM.

Posted (edited)

Hi so recently i saw a TEAMGROUP T-FORCE Dark ZA 32GB KIT (2X16GB) DDR4 3600MHZ Gaming Memory (TDZAD432G3600HC18JDC01) for only 35USD (I'm from the PHP and use USD pricing instead) at my Local Store and I was planning on upgrading my pc RAM from 16gb to 32gb (Work related Stuff) but i hesitated if it's compatible with my current Motherboard and CPU since i keep getting mix result when i research this topic mostly i get results like RAM is RAM, Voltage Compatibility, Mobo Limitation Etc. Cause Upon checking the RAM model number on MSI Website it does say It is compatible with my current MOBO but only for single or dual channel up to 16gb ddr4 3600mhz only. So what do you guys think should i buy it or Nah?

Current Specs:
CPU: AMD R7 5700X
MOBO: B450M MORTAR TITANIUM

Side Note: I know it may seem the problem is simple and a easy fix but I just wanted to make sure that it's working and won't cause me any trouble in the Future. since i'm not all that tech Savvy when it comes to the inner workings of compatibility of certain of PC parts.

Edited by Datablitz
More info added

3 minutes ago, Datablitz said:

when i research this topic mostly i get results like RAM is RAM, Voltage Compatibility, Mobo Limitation Etc.

The main thing that gives an indication of the compatibility is the QVL, since you said you already checked the site and saw that this ram was on the list, I'd say you have good odds of this working as intended. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Datablitz said:

So what do you guys think should i buy it or Nah?

If you are running out of ram currently, then do buy it. Simply turn off XMP, turn off your PC, plug in the new sticks, enable XMP back for 3600MHz and it should work.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

if u need the ram, there's no harm in buying it and trying, you can keep your 16GB kit, just in case the 32GB kit doesn't work, and sell it after you've confirmed that the 32GB kit is working

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

14 minutes ago, igormp said:

Simply turn off XMP, turn off your PC, plug in the new sticks, enable XMP back

Oh Thank you for reminding me this. since i forgot i have my XMP turn on for my Current RAM. cheers!

You just have to do the best you can, since there's never a 100% guarantee your new RAM will work. Even RAM on the QVL can change the memory chips between versions and end up being problematic.

45 minutes ago, Datablitz said:

RAM is RAM

This

Just the same ics with different heatspreaders

At 35$ new just grab it cause thats a pretty good deal, if the xmp doesnt work just return it and xmp not working just means its probably a faulty kit or something so not much different than buying any other generic xmp stick