energy drinks!!!

Ujee

GO

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I work in a very fast paced environment, drinking Monster energy actually decreases my ability to mentally function, gives more energy physically but burn out is also bad.

My natural energy is more than enough and i can deliver better results.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

Make way peeps.... caffeine connoisseur here. 😎

Honestly, I change my taste all the time and don't have a favourite and just depends what I'm in the mood for.

Redbull - 9/10

The drink tastes more fluid and thinner than other energy drinks and that's what I like about it. It also feels though like I'm drinking heart poison sometimes as I drink it soo fast. 250ml cans are the sweet spot and must be ice cold.

Monster (Original - Black & Green) - 9/10

The thing about Monster is that you can drink more of it. It tastes nice and I could easily have 2 a day if I didn't want to sleep... you can really feel the sugar though and definitely bad for you.

Boost - 2/10

They reformulated it. It used to be a cool sweeter unique version but they made it taste like those generic £0.35 cheapo drinks. Avoid.

Relentless - 5/10

OK if there is nothing else on the shelf but I would usually avoid. I just don't like the taste. However, the Red Cherry one is gorgeous and I would give it 8/10.

Rockstar - 2/10

Wannabe Monster cheapo trash.

Random brands with sour effect - 7/10

You can get loads of cheap ones that make it sour like apple and cherry. They are actually really nice and sometimes you'd prefer them over the big boys.

Coffee - 8.5/10

I first tried coffee when I was 14 given to me by my boss. I hated the taste but you become to like it and very soon it's an essential for work day mornings. Don't get me wrong, there are times in the mornings in a corporate office where I would love to crank open a can of Monster/Red Bull at 9am, but I bet their would be huge stigma attached to it. (I still have done it sometimes.) The coffee is the legal drug that gives everyone a boost without being judged.

I am not including 'pop' drinks like Lucazade, Coke etc even though they contain caffeine as I wouldn't class them as an energy drink.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 16-core 5950X

CPU Cooler: Artic Freezer 2 AIO 360mm Radiator

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

Memory: 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 MHz CL16

GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 MSI Ventus 3X 16GB GDDR6X

Storage OS: 500GB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD

Storage Games: 2TB Corsair MP600 Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD + 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD + 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Storage Misc: 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute 7200 RPM

PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1000W 80+

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz 1ms 3440p (widescreen) HDR400 OLED panel 34"  + Asus PG258Q 240Hz 1ms 1080p G-Sync TN panel 24.5"

12 hours ago, Ujee said:

what do you prefer:

Monster, Red Bull or Sting???

Neither

Pussy, yes that legit is a brand of Energy drink

I prefer RedBull, but Monster is usually much cheaper so I usually drink it. I typically consume 3 to 6 cans a day when I am working. I trade off for Starbucks espresso dark roast coffee when at home.

8 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

I prefer RedBull, but Monster is usually much cheaper so I usually drink it. I typically consume 3 to 6 cans a day when I am working. I trade off for Starbucks espresso dark roast coffee when at home.

Wow, 3 to 6 cans a day???!!!

I knew a large guy that used to have 2 a day (and I mean everyday) and thought he was nuts.

I love energy drinks, but 3-6 a day is way too much man. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 16-core 5950X

CPU Cooler: Artic Freezer 2 AIO 360mm Radiator

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

Memory: 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 MHz CL16

GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 MSI Ventus 3X 16GB GDDR6X

Storage OS: 500GB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD

Storage Games: 2TB Corsair MP600 Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD + 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD + 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Storage Misc: 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute 7200 RPM

PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1000W 80+

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz 1ms 3440p (widescreen) HDR400 OLED panel 34"  + Asus PG258Q 240Hz 1ms 1080p G-Sync TN panel 24.5"

8 minutes ago, Actual_Criminal said:

I knew a large guy that used to have 2 a day (and I mean everyday) and thought he was nuts.

It became a habit in middle school, about 14 years ago, and stuck with me. I don't care for soda and most bottled and tap water taste and smells awful out here. The only water I can stand is Fiji. Given that I can get 3 cans of monster for $3 - $4 and a bottle of Fiji is almost $5, I go for Monster. Not exactly healthy, but it does keep me going. If it makes it any better, I mostly stick to the Monster Juice blends. I pretty much live on caffeine though.

I've always been an original monster lover, tastes like liquid gummy worms but I can never finish a whole can lol

for whatever reason caffeine makes me tired if I drink too much so I try to limit it, where I live redbull mixed drinks with like heavy cream and flavored liquor are super popular so those are nice to have sometimes too

They/Them

rgb go woosh woosh fps higher

Ryzen 5 3600X  | Asus ROG Strix B550-E | Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge | 32G DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM750x | Corsair 4000D Airflow

Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red | Ducky Mecha Mini | Glorious Model D-

Nintendo Switch | Xbox One

I haven't ever tried any. Don't see the point in them. I rarely drink soda, mostly only if there's nothing else to drink. So, to me, any of them would at best be a shitty version of coffee - come to think about it, they are to coffee what Fanta is to orange juice. Surely they don't taste like coffee, but then again Fanta doesn't taste like orange... :P 

2 hours ago, RevTadd said:

I mean from a literal perspective everything that exists has chemicals in it.

In terms of energy drinks though, I like Redbull Zero and can't stand any of the others.

Point was that most things have chemicals in that aren't desirable. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

10 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

BeaverBuzz.

It's Canadian and on Amazon. 

Tastes great too. 

I'm going to order a case. Mostly for the name and logo. Love it! How's the Saskatoon Berry? All that I could get now is Berry, Citrus or original and I usually can't stand citrus taste.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, Tomsta said:

Neither

Pussy, yes that legit is a brand of Energy drink

Do they still make that? I haven't had a can of pussy for years. I don't remember it being that great, though not as bad as Redbull.

My preferred energy drinks are some of the fruity flavoured Monsters. Pipeline Punch and Ripper being my favourites. Khaos was very nice too, but sadly seems to be discontinued in the UK.

That said as a result of the great plague of 2020, I've been working almost exclusively from home since late March, and haven't touched a drop since then. The extra hour in bed, that would otherwise be spent commuting, is really helping me. I think I'm running closer to my natural body clock now, rarely waking up to my alarm, and I feel so much better for it.       

I can't stand the taste of the energy drinks now. I used to do Jagerbombs like they were the cure for cancer back in my 20s. But as I got older (and more serious about lifting) I started to avoid those sugary nightmares. Yes Im aware there are sugar free options, but they all tasted like ass to me.

Ive tried pre-workout and my god it reminded me of being on amphetamines... actually ruined my workout. So I just stick with coffee now. Nice cup of coffee 30 to 45 minutes before my lifts is all I need (plus the 3 other cups I usually consume throughout the day lol).

1 hour ago, Voluspa said:

I'm going to order a case. Mostly for the name and logo. Love it! How's the Saskatoon Berry? All that I could get now is Berry, Citrus or original and I usually can't stand citrus taste.

Diet is great, it's fruit punch.

They sell them individually at GNC locations. I'd try them out that way first.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

4 hours ago, Actual_Criminal said:

Monster (Original - Black & Green) - 9/10

The thing about Monster is that you can drink more of it. It tastes nice and I could easily have 2 a day if I didn't want to sleep... you can really feel the sugar though and definitely bad for you.

Original monster is probably the worst monster.

If I'm desperate I get the energy drink called Adrenaline Shoc. Fruit punch flavor.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

6 hours ago, Actual_Criminal said:

Yeah that is not healthy at all.

So the only choices according to you are carp, shit, or diarrhea? :) :) 

I only drink energy drinks while deployed usually, but nothing beats a Rip-It, yellow is the best one. But burn energy is super good too the blue flavor is great. Also Boom Boom and wild tiger are something on a different level considering how wild tiger has nicotine in it :) 

Bawls.

Not sure if it's only in certain parts of the country, but it tastes great and keeps me steady. Don't drink it all the time, just every so often for a pick me up.

4 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

I only drink energy drinks while deployed usually, but nothing beats a Rip-It

Hell yeah, that was pretty much the drink of Afghanistan lol

I'm not fussy when it comes to them, but I try not to drink them that often. I normally stick to tea, which doesn't have much caffeine, and it feels like it releases slower, too. Natural sugars from stuff like fruit usually helps with that as well. Coffee is decent too, but being British, tea all the way. 

Rip-it is the ultimate in energy drinks. Anyone who deployed to the sand box should know.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @4.4gHz  Custom H20 Loop - CPU & VRM pair of 360mm rads with Noctua fans  |  ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula Water cooling utilized  |  Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200CL16 4x16GB  |  EVGA RTX2080 Super FTW3  |  Seasonic Platinum 1000W  Samsung 840 250GB -  Video Processing \ Export |  Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB - Video Import \ Temp  |  Samsung 970 EVO Pro NVMe 500GB -  Boot |  2x Western Digital Blue 4TB - Storage  |  Thermaltake View 51 Snow

Coke Energy

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

On 11/8/2020 at 7:05 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

They all taste like piss. Try getting enough sleep instead.

lol

What about Energy Alcohol drinks, gosh I remember drinking some of that and it gave me the worse hang overs ever. Because of all that sugar. I soon switched to buying vodka bottles which saved me money but either way the health got a beating.

Remember to read the fine print on the energy drinks, they might say what the limit is to consume in one day.

I remember when Red Bull first came out, the bartenders would never pour or mix the RB with alcohol, because it said on the label to not do that.

anything that puts enoug caffiene in me to last the day

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6