Nvidia tried to bury this… Radeon 6000

Emily Young

AMD’s Radeon 6000 series has finally been revealed – And it looks pretty sweet. Can AMD avoid Nvidia’s mistakes and retake the crown?

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

i bet nvidia will announce some thing like 3070 super/ti or 3080 super/ti and take the crown

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

I think the only problem with the 6000 series will be the fact that they dont have something like DLSS. 

I mean, they seem to have very strong raw power, but i wonder how they will work with raytracing activated compared to nvidia's.

Nevermind, @GabenJr said that they have something called Super Resolution, I'm wondering how does it work since AMD has not spend a lot on AI as Nvidia has done and their method uses deeplearning for upscaling.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

Just now, LordWk said:

I think the only problem with the 6000 series will be the fact that they dont have something like DLSS.

They do, they're calling it Super Resolution.

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

Get ready for the RX 6000!  I wonder what Nvidia's response is going to be?

I really loved the Rage mode. Not for its small performance gains, but the oh so subtle call out to ATI history. :)

During the video I had a weird moment when Linus said “Nice” to the 6900xt. In that instant he sounded EXACTLY like the YouTube who gets ancient army food and then eats it.

5 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

How good is their Super Resolution compared to the DLSS?

A simple question, but one with maybe potential for a video.

Has there ever been a better time to (not) build a pc? (Delete as required)

rtx 3070 launches at $500 in the US but $700 in my country, rx 6800 $579 to god knows whatever my country overprices it into because of taxes, which should i get?

4 minutes ago, Daniel1 said:

I hope AMD gets better at driver support for their gpus.  

I know right, it took a year to fix major issues for 5700.

Peace of mind is extremely important to me, and definitely worth a price premium if necessary.

Unless the price/performance ratio leans on AMD's side in a major way, I'd go with Nvidia on any day.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZKsJvn

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo (Red) 66.3 CFM CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory 
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
Video Card: Asus 3080 Turbo
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: SeaSonic PRIME Titanium 750 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  
Monitor: Asus MG278Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor 

4 minutes ago, Sacredsock said:

lol yeah I'm probably gonna wait until the beginning of next year to see if a 6700, 5300x/5100, or RTX 3050 is announced

7 minutes ago, Sacredsock said:

When GTX 900 series came out, you could have built a rig with a 970 and a 4670k or 4770k for around 1200-1300 bucks. The 970 was only $300, and was the second fastest regular card on the market. You simply can't beat that nowadays.

13 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

There's already been a setting for AMD cards called "virtual super resolution", which renders a game at a higher resolution then downscales it for your screen, since at least the RX500 series.

Why would they take the opposite process and give it the same name? 😑

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZKsJvn

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo (Red) 66.3 CFM CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory 
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
Video Card: Asus 3080 Turbo
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: SeaSonic PRIME Titanium 750 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  
Monitor: Asus MG278Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor 

8 minutes ago, p0ck3tz said:

rtx 3070 launches at $500 in the US but $700 in my country, rx 6800 $579 to god knows whatever my country overprices it into because of taxes, which should i get?

$80 more, if you're building a $1000 PC that's a mere 8% cost increase and for a $1500 PC that's a 5% cost increase. worth it for most any budget to step up to the 6800 if the performance figures are accurate.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, p0ck3tz said:

It's $500 in the US before taxes, they're not getting it that much cheaper than us overseas. It's just misleading because in all promotional materials whenever any company launches anything they put US prices without tax and WW prices with local taxes.

no matter what performance they offer both nvidia and amd are targeting the mid to high end market leave budget enthusiast out.

1 hour ago, Daniel1 said:

Get ready for the RX 6000!  I wonder what Nvidia's response is going to be?

Simple: lower prices. Or rather, deflate their overhyped price-targets. Mind, they did get a good run making lotsa dosh while we're waitin' for AMD launch buy-day to arrive in a mere 3 weeks.

I'd like to say I'd feel for those who bought the scalped 3080's and 3090's at their outrageous prices...

...but I don't. 🙄 Your fault for not taking in wise words from those who knew and advised people to wait for the 6000 series launch. 💰

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

1 hour ago, GabenJr said:

AMD’s Radeon 6000 series has finally been revealed – And it looks pretty sweet. Can AMD avoid Nvidia’s mistakes and retake the crown?

TBH it wasn't unexpected ..but I was so hoping they wouldnt go that route. Pritty much guarantees a 3080ti will be similarly priced. A big FU from both companies this generation.

I knew as soon as i saw the 2080ti price back when it released, that Nvidia (and now AMD) were trying to add a price hike. I just thought people would be sensible enough to stand on basic principles not to be 'had' by them. ofc people bought 2080ti's ..and they'll buy the 6900 and 3090 as well this time around.

Seems like we're fked. This new price tier is staying.

Disappointed to say the least, i stand on my principles, i wont buy something, no mater how much i want it , if its overpriced, even if i can afford it, which in this case i can. Principles matter, im not going to let myself be ripped off.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Could you guys benchmark the compute capabilities of each card? Maybe on folding @ home? I expect CUDA will have a pretty big advantage here

Strong Torgo energy in Linus's outfit (from Manos: The Hands of Fate).

tenor.gif
#manos the hands of fate from the man, the legend, the shadow

4 hours ago, Elax said:

How good is their Super Resolution compared to the DLSS?

don't know its brand new and likely not quite done

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I just want to see the performance with Folding at Home. The power consumption is interesting, however.

Current Build

Clearly have to wait next year for an computer upgrade for now, I'll just keep an eye on monitor price to see if I can snatch a good one or maybe 2^^