Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Guys I am not good with hardware, are these cards priced well? I bought myself a vega64 back then when it got released and it felt kinda underwehlming. 

6 hours ago, Daniel1 said:

Get ready for the RX 6000!  I wonder what Nvidia's response is going to be?

Nvidia's response should be to make some damn GPUs. You can't win market share if people can't buy your product.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

11 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Nvidia's response should be to make some damn GPUs

Agreed. RTX 30 would still be selling great if they actually stocked them well! 

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Last I checked (which, I fully admit was a few years ago) nVidia's software options for neural networks was light years ahead of AMD (and at least when I did RNN work, AMD wasn't even a consideration for lack of software maturity). Has this changed any, or are AMD's recent offerings still targeted for gamers only?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 hours ago, LordWk said:

Nevermind, @GabenJr said that they have something called Super Resolution, I'm wondering how does it work since AMD has not spend a lot on AI as Nvidia has done and their method uses deeplearning for upscaling.

I'm not sure if they are reusing the name for a new feature or what, because if not, "Super Resolution" is not new (has been present in at least GCN drivers for years) and is not upscaling. It is more of an AA replacement, since it allows you to set higher resolutions than supported by your monitor. Hence, the GPU will render at a higher resolution, then downscale to what your monitor can actually display. DLSS, on the other hand, renders at a lower than native reslution, then upscales to fill the screen.

6 hours ago, Warin said:

I really loved the Rage mode. Not for its small performance gains, but the oh so subtle call out to ATI history. :)

That's good, because that's all it is: a renaming. Current drivers show "Power Saving - Balanced - Turbo", new cards will show "Quiet - Balanced - Rage" in the exact same place.

Other than marketingspeak, all that qualifier is telling you is that the TDP and perf/watt figures in the slide deck come from one configuration, while the FPS comparison come form a different, more power-hungry preset.

You can file it together with "game cache", I guess.

18 minutes ago, Results45 said:

I wonder if there's going to be enough stock of the 3090 and 6900XT by mid-December for the average Joe to walk into Best Buy and pick one up? Or are both likely going to sold out and on back order until after New Year's?

We will see what their supply and demand situation is like.

I'm buying a GPU soon and I am really torn. Pretend money is no object, which GPU should I purchase, the RTX 3070, or the RX 5800?

20 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I'm not sure if they are reusing the name for a new feature or what, because if not, "Super Resolution" is not new (has been present in at least GCN drivers for years) and is not upscaling. It is more of an AA replacement, since it allows you to set higher resolutions than supported by your monitor. Hence, the GPU will render at a higher resolution, then downscale to what your monitor can actually display. DLSS, on the other hand, renders at a lower than native reslution, then upscales to fill the screen.

During our briefing, AMD specifically called out Super Resolution as an upscaler for enabling high-resolution ray tracing, so it definitely is a new thing unless they themselves are very confused.

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

2 hours ago, GabenJr said:

During our briefing, AMD specifically called out Super Resolution as an upscaler for enabling high-resolution ray tracing, so it definitely is a new thing unless they themselves are very confused.

If the info came from a marketing guy and not an engineer then that very well could be the case. 

On 10/28/2020 at 9:37 AM, GabenJr said:

They do, they're calling it Super Resolution.

next gen: 69420k 8k is for noobs