Food & Cooking

whm1974
15 minutes ago, BuckGup said:

Coca Cola has very deep money ties in many countries economies and politics. You can't play the same game as the big boys. Aka the DEA is gonna bust down your door unless you have enough money. 

Well I would check the DEA website first and I wouldn't know where to get Spent Leaves themselves anyway.

42 minutes ago, Benji said:

Not every second word gets capitalised in English. As a matter of fact, only names, I and the beginning of a sentence are. It sometimes sounds like you're reciting song titles.

Names are always Capitalize. 

55 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

AFAIK, they use the nut extract, not the leaves. ._.

Coca has Nuts? Are yous sure it is not Kola Nut? To my knowledge that is no longer used, but Artificial flavoring is  used instead.

Just now, gabrielcarvfer said:

Maybe? I'm not. I think I switched things up.

You can buy Kola Nut online. I'm not sure how much Caffeine is them compared to coffee.

Recipes are region specific iirc.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

8 hours ago, Benji said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised. It reads that their non-drug-containig coca extract went to ~150 nations that produce Coca Cola at that time, and I doubt that they'll change their formula that often or completely change such an essential part of their beverage (after all, they're called Coca Cola).

I wonder if US Feds Started to back off a bit about the "War on Drugs"? South American Nations could be pushing back against US Policies about this. Coca Leaves always been legal in those Nations where the Natives have used it since they been there.

The Walmart Website states that the local Store has Baker's 100% unsweetened Cocoa bars, but I can't find it in the Chocolate Bars sections. I have to settle for Sam's Choice 90% that is close enough and cheap enough for me to buy it.

There are three reasons I perfer Baker's brand of this type of product:

1) It is cheap for what it is. ~$2.00 or less for 4 oz bars.

2) It is enjoyable to eat. For me anyway

3) I have Type 2 Diabetes. I can enjoy this slowly. Almost an entire week for one Bar.

More power to ya bud but I feel like that much cocoa would make me nauseous

Why not order it online and pickup instore/have it delivered to you? That would solve that issue.

Or just make it yourself. Get 100% cocoa powder, it It's like $4 for a 8oz container, which gets you a lot more bars than if you bought bars individually (I can't find them at $2 for 4oz on walmart website... they are like $8). Eat it as is, make treats or hot cocoa. Very useful to have.

Like, you could make these:

https://www.kitchenstories.com/en/recipes/honeymama-chocolate-bars-2ec6
(you don't need to add the honey if you don't want to)

Or, very simply
1 oz unsweetened chocolate = 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp fat (regular unsalted butter/cashew butter, oil like coconut oil, etc.)
Just mix and heat up (in a thin metal bowl over boiling water, do not expose directly to heat, use indirect heat from the boiling water to melt it all in an homogenized goo). Pour in a mold and let it cool and you got yourself some chocolate that you can suck on for weeks. Measurements may not be accurate, testing may be required.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Why not order it online and pickup instore/have it delivered to you? That would solve that issue.

Or just make it yourself. Get 100% cocoa powder, it It's like $4 for a 8oz container, which gets you a lot more bars than if you bought bars individually (I can't find them at $2 for 4oz on walmart website... they are like $8). Eat it as is (stir in milk or something for hot cocoa as well)

Then make something like this

https://www.kitchenstories.com/en/recipes/honeymama-chocolate-bars-2ec6
(you don't need to add the honey if you don't want to)

Or, very simply
1 oz unsweetened chocolate = 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp fat (butter, oil, margarine, etc)
Just mix and heat up (in a thin metal bowl over boiling water, do not expose directly to heat, use indirect heat from the boiling water to melt it all in an homogenized goo). Let it cool and you go yourself some chocolate that you can suck on for weeks. Measurements may not be accurate, testing may be required.

Thanks for the Recipes but I find that I perfer actual 100% Cocoa. If it is Correctly Fermented and Roasted that is.

As far as Baker's Cocoa Powder goes, it started showing on their website and has new on it. I might order some or not. Put in the 5 cup coffee pot I have. 

Just now, Sakuriru said:

It's in the baking section.

Thanks. I was  thinking that after I left the Store to go home.

I found this Site that I can by something similar here:

https://www.santabarbarachocolate.com/cocoa-mass/

However it is $44 with a $9 shipping charge. I'm sure what the shape is called. but it looks exact like what my Stepfather called department store and he used a double boiler to melt the pieces and pour melted chocolate into woman shaped molds. He started doing this when I was in Middle School. ~13 maybe?

He even ask if I wanted one. I recall giving him a dirty look at the Time. Note: I was somewhat Religious at that age. While I didn't actually join them but only attended their Kingdom Hall, due to my younger best friend at the time. 

Edit:

I'm not sure what the shape is referred to as, as they are a different size the what is used for Cookies and Brownies. I'm thinking coins perhaps?

* thread cleaned *

When people are asking for help/advice, please avoid trolling / shitposting. It's against the CS and repeated offence could end with you on the wrong side of a warning.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

16 hours ago, whm1974 said:

but I can't find it

Have you tried Amazon? Or maybe check some other local stores? 

ive seen a lot disappear off the shelves in the last year. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

36 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Have you tried Amazon? Or maybe check some other local stores? 

ive seen a lot disappear off the shelves in the last year. 

I did check Amazon. But to get good pricing I would have to buy large number of Bars with one order. And pay $100 to get Prime as well. While $100 per year isn't bad, especially if I'm getting Prime Video with it. However I don't order enough from Amazon by itself to be worth it.

The Cocoa Mass I posted a link to, what are those pieces called? I don't want to call them chips due to what is put into chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Most folks will think of that if it is mentioned.

I will be fine consuming those pieces.

Dutch brand Verkade (actually: Royal Verkade) offers choco bars in Pure and Extra Pure (75%) variety. These are usually standard in most supermarkets here (at least the Pure version) and priced in the upper-medium to top-tier segment for the amount you get. There's a special version for cooking too (74%). Here's the link to their Choco page:

https://www.verkade.nl/producten/chocolade/

Explore and contact them directly to ask about availability where you are.

Then there's this other outfit:

https://tonyschocolonely.com/us/en

(click the flag and choose your locality)

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Scrolling past, this is what I saw..

Capture.JPG.5246619fb9f81098d5f9d7c54180f94c.JPG

Not how I thought it was going to turn out..

AMD R9 5900X @ PBO | Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 5x TL-B12 V2
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, TL-B14, TY-143

4 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Probably me being thick as molasses, but I'm missing the point?

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Ya see, I said something similar, but I was purged from existence.

I don't really get the point of this thread. If you can't find it at the local Wally World, you can:

1. Come back later to see if the item was out of stock

2. Order some online

3. Go to another in person store.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

14 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

Probably me being thick as molasses, but I'm missing the point?

No point really.. but I thought you complaining about how hard it was to find 100% pure cocaine.. and I was thinking ooh be careful with that.. prolly want to step on it a bit 😄

But you were talking about Cocoa.. not Cocaine.. silly me.

I do Cocoa but not the other..

AMD R9 5900X @ PBO | Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 5x TL-B12 V2
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, TL-B14, TY-143

2 hours ago, freeagent said:

No point really.. but I thought you complaining about how hard it was to find 100% pure cocaine.. and I was thinking ooh be careful with that.. prolly want to step on it a bit 😄

But you were talking about Cocoa.. not Cocaine.. silly me.

I do Cocoa but not the other..

To be honest, sometimes I have to look up the words on the Internet and/or the Wikipedia to check. Of course I do have a speech impairment and hearing loss. So...

Not directly related to the content, but more to the title. Yes, it is really hard to find 100% pure chocolate!

In Europe I've searched in my own country and another one while on vacation. And what do you know, I managed to find 50, 60, 75, 80, 90 and even 99% bars only. 100% pure is such a rarity. Finally I settled for the 99%, even though I didn't need it, but I'm just so curious about how the 100% tastes like as I've never had it before. Still on the hunt for it.

2 hours ago, FRD said:

Not directly related to the content, but more to the title. Yes, it is really hard to find 100% pure chocolate!

In Europe I've searched in my own country and another one while on vacation. And what do you know, I managed to find 50, 60, 75, 80, 90 and even 99% bars only. 100% pure is such a rarity. Finally I settled for the 99%, even though I didn't need it, but I'm just so curious about how the 100% tastes like as I've never had it before. Still on the hunt for it.

I'm going to check the baking aisle for baking chocolate in grocery stores. But one should be careful since even if find 100%, it could have the Cocoa Fat removed and replaced Milk Fat or Vegetable Oil.

Personally I would put % of Cocoa Liqueur on the bar packaging. The only other ingredients I would use is decent Chilies peppers powder and real Vanilla.