ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter

I have a bit of experience with blender; I took a digital art class in middle school and learned photography, how to use photoshop, adobe premiere, and blender

not to brag but I'm a bit of a decent video editor

2 hours ago, Oliver Michael said:

This competition is stressing me tf out lmao, I feel like I won't be good enough but at the same time it's my own work so I see it with a different eye than anyone else.

Don’t worry yourself to much, yours can’t be any worse than mine. Mine was taken on my phone with no way of editing it.

9 hours ago, Spotty said:

Please keep discussion relevant to the topic and constructive. All these off-topic posts and casual chit chat posts will make it harder for others to follow the thread and find answers to their questions, which will likely result in the same questions being asked multiple times. This is not Discord.

Please do not post multiple posts in a row. There's been a lot of people posting 3 or 4 posts in a row a few seconds after another. You can add multiple quotes from different people to a single post. If you want to add more comments after you post then edit your post.

You can share your video submissions here, but please only post a link to your video once. There have been some people spamming their video here and I can assure you that getting more views on your video will not help your chances.

i made an oopsie

4 minutes ago, TerabyteLTT said:

ah shit time to delete my video posts, didnt know that posting it more than once is bad

edit- how do you delete comment posts

It's fine, just don't keep posting it.

(Only moderators can delete posts, btw)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

14 minutes ago, TerabyteLTT said:

edit- how do you delete comment posts

Report a post using the triangle on the bottom of a post. Make sure you say you want it deleted, and preferable a reason. A moderator will eventually delete

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

1 hour ago, Oliver Michael said:

HA you suck at fingerdash, also it just seems like another common rig showcase tbh

ive finished all the main levels, that was basically a lag showcase, if you were watching the screen there were at least two game stutters and the only reason why i died there was a level freeze

also, "it just seems like another common rig showcase tbh"

well shit

4 hours ago, BurstSMG said:

At what point are winners decided? I've pretty much stopped hoping at this rate because it's been awhile and I don't know exactly when winners are actually notified lol
the stress is eating away at me and it would be great if I knew others were sharing in my stress right now

The competition ended on Friday, after being open for a week. Hardly "been awhile". As stated, it takes them time to look through 4kx1min videos.

1 hour ago, TerabyteLTT said:

i made an oopsie

Removed with some collateral damage.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yeah 3400x1 minute videos is about 56 hours. Obviously not all videos are exactly 1 minute, some are shorter, but the point still stands that it's a ton of footage, even for a team of 5 people.

12 hours ago, BurstSMG said:

It's kinda boring asf and i have 0 chance (realistically) but here lol

It's a little generic, but it's not that bad. Also nice trans flag :P

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

Ok so I have been following this post but have been afraid to get criticism but I am dying to know how you think my video stacks up so here it is.  

https://youtu.be/wo9_NDQA56U

40 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Imagine Linus just says "all the entries sucked so nobody wins"

Just choose the ones that suck the least

11 minutes ago, VRPlaythrough said:

Ok so I have been following this post but have been afraid to get criticism but I am dying to know how you think my video stacks up so here it is.  

https://youtu.be/wo9_NDQA56U

I had to watch it a few times - the main issue is that you are not really talking about the computer itself, but rather something that it is trying to run;
You are saying your name somewhere in the middle of the video, and also mentioning "HP Reverb G2" way too many times;
I understand that it may be a bit stressful to shoot a video, but some intonations are a bit weird;
1/16 resolution of what though?
As I can tell from MRTV channel in the "recommendations", you were trying to imitate someone else - good attempt, looked pretty similar;
Liked the vr headset and the game it is able to run with the computer.

hope yall like mine 

but the reason i am posting it on here isnt to promote it but to ask if you think this man had copied me ik in the comments it looks like we sorted it out but i still think he was just trying to one up me

59 minutes ago, bigzary123 said:

I don't think a "grill pc" is a new idea, have you seen the video where the dude grills steak on his cpu? Also, the second one seems way more creative, that's impressive as all hell.

Also, I read the comment section and the creator of the second video was incredibly kind and nice about it and you were very rude, claiming that he "tried to one up you", like for me there were other apple parodies similar to mine and I didn't go on their videos and claim that they copied me. People can have ideas before you, you aren't the first.

Spoiler

I haven't seen another pitch meeting at all. So I think I'm good with the originality factor

1 hour ago, Suslike said:

Just choose the ones that suck the least

I had to watch it a few times - the main issue is that you are not really talking about the computer itself, but rather something that it is trying to run;
You are saying your name somewhere in the middle of the video, and also mentioning "HP Reverb G2" way too many times;
I understand that it may be a bit stressful to shoot a video, but some intonations are a bit weird;
1/16 resolution of what though?
As I can tell from MRTV channel in the "recommendations", you were trying to imitate someone else - good attempt, looked pretty similar;
Liked the vr headset and the game it is able to run with the computer.

I was imitating MRTV's style.  He says hp reverb g2 like a million times that was the point lol.  Did you see the binder.  Hps you have to talk only good about us or you don't get paid review guidelines lol.  Also 1 minuite is really hard to try and be totally different from everyone else and still get everything in.  I wanted to talk more about the computer but just getting what I got in there was crazy hard.  The computer was just the same as half the other contestants so I kinda figured just showing it and saying it was really old and couldn't even play vr was enough.  Oh well thanks for the comment.  I tried hard but so did alot of us so I guess we will see 😁

I know its hard to see but here was the computer that is in the video.  I should have showed it so he could see how clean and perfect I keep my computer.

20200924_195512.jpg

6 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

I haven't seen another pitch meeting at all. So I think I'm good with the originality factor

I've seen some other entries like mine, but I think I did the editing (and writing) wayyy better.

Spoiler

On 9/18/2020 at 11:35 AM, AvMaverick said:

If it was virtually, why not globally, Linus Media Group? Your viewers who'd want a PC could easily learn to put together and use a livestreaming setup! Please reconsider @LinusTech @CPotter and co... Please! 

😨😱😰😭😭😭😭

Its very hard to ship a pc out of North America. You have to ship it part by part and its a big headache. Also when going around the world the parts are easier to break and take longer to make a video. 

43 minutes ago, VRPlaythrough said:

Spoiler

20200924_195512.jpg

A gaming power supply? Has @LinusTech done a video on that yet?

On 9/23/2020 at 3:27 AM, The_Murdoch said:

You've got the same CPU and ram as me xD I feel your pain.

Pretty good production values - you should have it.

Intel i9-13900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite DDR4 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB DDR4 3200 C16 - Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 4090 24GB - Corsair 4000D Airflow - 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  - Corsair AX1600i 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W - Aorus FI27Q - Noctua NH-D15 running 3 fans (CPU) - 6 x NF-A12x25 (3 intake, 3 exhaust) - Aorus K1 - Aorus M5 - Aorus AMP500 - Aorus H5 - Corsair TC70 - Win 11 Pro

1 hour ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

I don't think a "grill pc" is a new idea, have you seen the video where the dude grills steak on his cpu? Also, the second one seems way more creative, that's impressive as all hell.

Also, I read the comment section and the creator of the second video was incredibly kind and nice about it and you were very rude, claiming that he "tried to one up you", like for me there were other apple parodies similar to mine and I didn't go on their videos and claim that they copied me. People can have ideas before you, you aren't the first.

tysm for your opinion we did sort it out it was  a heat of the moment thinking and i did apoligize

Just now, bigzary123 said:

tysm for your opinion we did sort it out it was  a heat of the moment thinking and i did apoligize

Ok, cool cool.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

I've seen some other entries like mine, but I think I did the editing (and writing) wayyy better.

can you send me ur entry

Just now, bigzary123 said:

can you send me ur entry

Its here, in this thread.

Spoiler