ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
Just now, MoozOfDoomz said:

I'd probably try to reference a bunch of obscure stuff/zoomer memes to confuse him.

That or "All of your base are belong to us", which was in another rig reboot

How are you gentlemen ! !

Just now, Oliver Michael said:

How are you gentlemen ! !

What you say?

The dynamic between Linus and the winner is always hilarious to see, can't wait to see what happens this year, although it will probably be worse because online.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

Just now, MoozOfDoomz said:

What you say?

The dynamic between Linus and the winner is always hilarious to see, can't wait to see what happens this year, although it will probably be worse because online.

Yeah it's not going to be as personal or interactive. They should send a pc and vr setup to you for the livestream so you can "be there" or something, after all they said in the video that you'd be using a livestreaming setup provided by them

Yeah it's not going to be as personal or interactive. They should send a pc and vr setup to you for the livestream so you can "be there" or something, after all they said in the video that you'd be using a livestreaming setup provided by them

I wonder how the video will be edited, but I feel it will allow more weird antics, like idk the winner sharing their screen and showing off their crap rig or something.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

I wonder how the video will be edited, but I feel it will allow more weird antics, like idk the winner sharing their screen and showing off their crap rig or something.

probably yeah

Well I can say that they are definitely going through the videos as my unlisted video has gained one view, however they did not click the like button so that's kinda sad.

2 hours ago, Oliver Michael said:

Honestly I automatically don't like any video saying "Give me the new computer," like you're entering to win because your entry was creative, not demanding that you get a new pc

That was my idea behind my video - I just wanted to showcase how bad my "computer" is so it speaks for itself, not just whine about how I can't play anything or how badly I want a new computer. I get it that might be the whole point of the competition - see who needs the computer the most, but my point still stands.

16 minutes ago, VortexRex said:

Well I can say that they are definitely going through the videos as my unlisted video has gained one view, however they did not click the like button so that's kinda sad.

Don't think that the "like" is the main factor here.

51 minutes ago, Suslike said:

That was my idea behind my video - I just wanted to showcase how bad my "computer" is so it speaks for itself, not just whine about how I can't play anything or how badly I want a new computer. I get it that might be the whole point of the competition - see who needs the computer the most, but my point still stands.

Yeah, begging for a computer isn't going to get you anywhere, you gotta earn it.

33 minutes ago, Jaunt_o said:

WoW look At this Entry

Just hyping up a friends submission because I thought it was great.

Another personified pc entry? I saw this one when looking at other submissions over yt

37 minutes ago, Jaunt_o said:

WoW look At this Entry

Just hyping up a friends submission because I thought it was great.

Pretty good, comparing to a relatively small number of submissions that I've looked at.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

This competition is stressing me tf out lmao, I feel like I won't be good enough but at the same time it's my own work so I see it with a different eye than anyone else.

Literally same haha, every time I view my video I physically cringe.

Spoiler

At what point are winners decided? I've pretty much stopped hoping at this rate because it's been awhile and I don't know exactly when winners are actually notified lol
the stress is eating away at me and it would be great if I knew others were sharing in my stress right now

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

2 minutes ago, BurstSMG said:

At what point are winners decided? I've pretty much stopped hoping at this rate because it's been awhile and I don't know exactly when winners are actually notified lol
the stress is eating away at me and it would be great if I knew others were sharing in my stress right now

Cpotter told me in private messages that:

They hope to have the top 20-30 selected and announced by the end of the week.

I'm fairly certain this means that the winners will be selected and emailed somewhere between next wednesday and the wednesday after that, so two weeks from here.

TLDR

top ~30 expected by end of the week, winners expected to be contacted by the next 2 weeks.

Cpotter told me in private messages that:

They hope to have the top 20-30 selected and announced by the end of the week.

I'm fairly certain this means that the winners will be selected and emailed somewhere between next wednesday and the wednesday after that, so two weeks from here.

TLDR

top ~30 expected by end of the week, winners expected to be contacted by the next 2 weeks.

top 30!?!?!? what? i thought there was only 4 winners, unless I'm misremembering.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, BurstSMG said:

top 30!?!?!? what? i thought there was only 4 winners, unless I'm misremembering.

Top 30 entries, aka the best entries. The 3 winners are selected from that group, 2 from US or Canada, and one from British Columbia in Canada

Top 30 entries, aka the best entries. The 3 winners are selected from that group, 2 from US or Canada, and one from British Columbia in Canada

I'm in BC so I wonder what my chances are haha

Spoiler

I'm in BC so I wonder what my chances are haha

could I see your entry? I've seen way too many of these entries I have a decent idea of whats original

1 minute ago, Preston_111 said:

i thought is was the top 25 and then the three winners get the free pc

the top entries vary depending on how many good entries they get, CPotter said top 30 or so but that doesn't guarantee a number

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

the top entries vary depending on how many good entries they get, CPotter said top 30 or so but that doesn't guarantee a number

Ohhh. now that makes sense. So the number if the top thingy depends on how good the entries were?

Just now, Aditya Krishna Vardhan said:

Ohhh. now that makes sense. So the number if the top thingy depends on how good the entries were?

yeah, obviously they have to keep it within a reasonable number, but we should expect about 20-30 some finalists.

20 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

could I see your entry? I've seen way too many of these entries I have a decent idea of whats original

it's kinda boring asf and i have 0 chance (realistically) but here lol

Spoiler

it's kinda boring asf and i have 0 chance (realistically) but here lol

It's well edited, but it does seem like a simple rig showcase.

I also want to start working with blender, visual effects, graphic art and shit, animating, voice acting, all that, but my pc is total ass lol. I love drawing and modeling but I don't have the hardware for it, like a nice pc or a drawing tablet. Your pc is so much better than mine lmao