Back before the Internet was...the Internet.

T.Vengeance

So now listening to music back in the early 2000s, it got me wondering how much I missed life before FB, Youtube, Twitter. Back when Limewire was a thing and downloading MP3s was a novelty (to play on your mp3 player :P). Back when MSN was still a thing, where all my friends would create customized emoticons from GIFs and I'd just leach off them and copy/paste them to my emoticons. Back when Shockwave & Miniclip were the places to go instead of FB games. 

I miss the early 2000s :(

If you had the chance to travel back to the time when the Internet was at its infancy, would you?

Oh, forgot to mention....also them shitty Geocities websites :P (to which I'm guilty of making one too...)

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

So now listening to music back in the early 2000s, it got me wondering how much I missed life before FB, Youtube, Twitter. Back when Limewire was a thing and downloading MP3s was a novelty (to play on your mp3 player :P). Back when MSN was still a thing, where all my friends would create customized emoticons from GIFs and I'd just leach off them and copy/paste them to my emoticons. Back when Shockwave & Miniclip were the places to go instead of FB games. 

If you had the chance to travel back to the time when the Internet was at its infancy, would you?

Just maybe.....

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

No.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Back in the Runescape days! When communicating with a Mic was so foreign and futuristic!  

Webcams...now those were black magic :P

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Of course I would, than I would drive over to harvard, slap Mark Zuckerberg in the face and make him make facebook, at which point I would dispose of him and claim it as my own. And then I would make sure that the creators of the current social media giants make terrible design decisions and noone likes there product. And then buy out every youtuber into some shady contract and become the ruler of the internet.

Of course I would, than I would drive over to harvard, slap Mark Zuckerberg in the face and make him make facebook, at which point I would dispose of him and claim it as my own. And then I would make sure that the creators of the current social media giants make terrible design decisions and noone likes there product. And then buy out every youtuber into some shady contract and become the ruler of the internet.

I would take the place of Elon Musk :P

well minimclip has become a POS since all the old games are stuck at shitty sub-half-HD resolutions.

I dont play ro facebook or do any of the above. When did mass culture ever dictate what I like? never.

What can you not do now? I guess, things that involves other people, like being over MSN as you described. (which I've never used)

;) kool story bro.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Miniclip and Runescape were the shit. Sadly, I am a little young for the MSN :( I didn't even know what a mic would look like and a web cam was the coolest thing I had ever seen

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Back when you used newsgroups to download segments of programs you needed and when you finally got all the segments together the overall file was corrupt :( Miss it like I miss the day's mass transit and automobiles didn't exist :rolleyes:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

You guys do realize they have a retro version of runescape out right?

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

Yeah... as with everything... once a bunch of people get in they just fuck it up.

Signatures are stupid.

Neeewwwgrroooouuuunnndds!! And runescape i guess.

I REMEMBER NEWGROUNDS! :D

Oh, forgot to mention....also them shitty Geocities websites :P (to which I'm guilty of making one too...)

I have had the same feelings, you get to listening to some good ole 2000's music and just zone out wishing you were living in your parents basement playing battlefield 1942, downloading mp3's off napster and occasionally turning off the speakers and listen for cops that would never come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGdGFtwCNBE

all really good listens for the really young guys on here who are being poisoned by 1d and katy perry crap^

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I have had the same feelings, you get to listening to some good ole 2000's music and just zone out wishing you were living in your parents basement playing battlefield 1942, downloading mp3's off napster and occasionally turning off the speakers and listen for cops that would never come.

all really good listens for the really young guys on here who are being poisoned by 1d and katy perry crap^

I love how you put Complicated first :DDD

I love how you put Complicated first :DDD

I love me some good ole Avril, her new videos are the most awkward bull you will ever see though lol. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I'd rather go back to the 70/80's even though i wasnt alive then to see all the metal bands coming up.  But internet wise....no

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I could just turn myself younger right now and go nostalgic again in the future over how great 2014 was.

Because let's be honest, nostalgia is a lying son of a bitch.

I could just turn myself younger right now and go nostalgic again in the future over how great 2014 was.

Because let's be honest, nostalgia is a lying son of a bitch.

You definitely do have a point. I mean a kid growing up through the 2014 era will probably miss the how anarchist the internet is right now. It's up for debate of course, but in my opinion, I think it's a bit naive to think that in the 2020s, the "internet freedom" as we know it today will still exist. And I think that's what they'll miss the most.

Yes I would, but for other reasons.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

Napster was a revolution, I remember downloading crappy 128kbps MP3s (on my 56k modem) thinking it was the coolest thing ever, and it would drastically change the way we do things.

Playing Quake 3 too was my first online gaming experience around the same time.

And talking to all my friends on Irc.

And the Matrix came out around then too, it seemed like technology was about to revolutionise things.

Think this must've been around 1999/2000

You guys do realize they have a retro version of runescape out right?

2007 is not retro. 2007 is just before the game died.

Napster was a revolution, I remember downloading crappy 128kbps MP3s (on my 56k modem) thinking it was the coolest thing ever, and it would drastically change the way we do things.

Playing Quake 3 too was my first online gaming experience around the same time.

And talking to all my friends on Irc.

And the Matrix came out around then too, it seemed like technology was about to revolutionise things.

Think this must've been around 1999/2000

I still get chills.

Lmao 1999 was when I was 4. All I remember from those years pre-2000 was watching The Outer Limits on VHS and remembering my favourite movie at the time Dante's Peak.