Back before the Internet was...the Internet.

T.Vengeance

I only remember one thing about the internet before facebook and all that jazz.. 

d714e2172326ccbfde30839c4d3e5d3b81b7bebf

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I love classic rock

thats not classic rock, its alternative, Avril, Train, LifeHouse and Bare naked ladies are all alternative rock. 

this right here is classic rock. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I would like not only travel back in time to experience it again, how it was like with just a 56k modem and stuff, but also further back in time to really experience the beginning of the like when the Pentium 1 came out and such, and really see their look on the face, when you tell them that we have 8 - core CPU's with up to 5GHz in like 20 Years time, I find that stuff to be super interesting!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Here's a historical story by one of the creators, long but very informative.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Here's a historical story by one of the creators, long but very informative.

-snip-

HA, watching it atm and I love how the guy scoff's at AT&T's dismissal of the internet idea. It reminds me so much of ISPs in the US dismissing the idea of Gigabit internet. "Oh our customers don't need it". Bullshit and we all know it. Like the guy said, it's only because there's no revenue in it. Once Steam's In-Home streaming becomes a reality and gets adopted to be able to play over the internet, not just LAN, I'm pretty sure ISPs will jump on it like hyenas. 

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

i miss the old flash intros, dial up modem sounds, msn messenger(still better than skype) damn i`m old, remeber those cds with x hours of internet access?

Steam: gray_fox_br

No, I despise what the internet has become for the most part but the old days were shit.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

So now listening to music back in the early 2000s, it got me wondering how much I missed life before FB, Youtube, Twitter. Back when Limewire was a thing and downloading MP3s was a novelty (to play on your mp3 player :P). Back when MSN was still a thing, where all my friends would create customized emoticons from GIFs and I'd just leach off them and copy/paste them to my emoticons. Back when Shockwave & Miniclip were the places to go instead of FB games. 

I miss the early 2000s :(

If you had the chance to travel back to the time when the Internet was at its infancy, would you?

Oh, forgot to mention....also them shitty Geocities websites :P (to which I'm guilty of making one too...)

I would love too honestly :| Back when I MSN'd my mates and downloaded flash games to my memory stick and played them in the Library when no one was looking =3

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?