17 y.o. Indian wastes parent's hard earned money (Rs.1.6 million) on pubg mobile in app purchases.

VirusDumb

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/punjab-teenager-spends-rs-16-lakh-on-pubg-107717

He should've bought a rtx 2080ti pc, or a car, or ordered some weed.

Just kidding, Rs. 1.6 million is a lot of money in India, his parents saved it for his college education. He has spent it all on skins. He tried to do it in such a way that his parents won't be able to know, but his dad got a sms from the bank.

Now his dad is making him work in a scooter repair shop, so he can feel the importance

linusexcusemewhatthefuck.png.87db7ecb1f64bec5005dbfd5b3e8e05b.png

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

7 hours ago, Benji said:

Things like this usually happen by having no concept for value. If he knew what it takes to earn such money, he probably wouldn't have done it (unless he's addicted to this game, of course, but that's just speculation). According to what I've heard about Indians finances, he'll have to work a damn long time to make up for that.

I didn't even know that one can spend 20000+ dollars for in-game SKINS and would even want to do so.

C'mon he is 17 most Indian (or should I say human) teens understand the concept of money by 16, and even before if you earn. I can feel the dad's pain (I am <removed by staff> made my first income when14, by working in a computer shop, I new about PC building so my work was to make a parts list for non tech savvy guys willing to buy a PC according to their needs and Budget, it was Rs 2000/$25 I was going to save more so I could buy a gt 1030, but the money got stolen), and the the parents also have their fault, how can they let him know the bank details and credit card info.

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

4 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/punjab-teenager-spends-rs-16-lakh-on-pubg-107717

He should've bought a rtx 2080ti pc, or a car, or ordered some weed.

Just kidding, Rs. 1.6 million is a lot of money in India, his parents saved it for his college education. He has spent it all on skins. He tried to do it in such a way that his parents won't be able to know, but his dad got a sms from the bank.

Now his dad is making him work in a scooter repair shop, so he can feel the importance

Predatory MTXs are predatory !

Kids are stupid !

In other news....

Water : Wet !

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

6 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Predatory MTXs are predatory !

Kids are stupid !

In other news....

Water : Wet !

WATERS NOT WET! WATER MAKES THINGS WET! IF YOU ADD MORE WATER TO WATER IT IS NOT MORE WET BECAUSE WATERS ISN'T WET!

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

24 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

WATERS NOT WET! WATER MAKES THINGS WET! IF YOU ADD MORE WATER TO WATER IT IS NOT MORE WET BECAUSE WATERS ISN'T WET!

WATER IS WET BECAUSE YOU CAN BUY WATER WETTERS THAT MAKE WATER WETTER THAN IT NORMALLY IS!

😛

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Honestly I think its these addictive games. I know I sound like an old man who doesn't understand, but its a real trend with games trying to get more of your money this way. 

Personally I would have the child charged with theft.

That kid was both smart and stupid for doing such a thing, he ruined his parents financial future.

A bit of time in jail and working to pay all that off is what a judge should do. (enough to teach the lesson as he is young)

On top of that Micro transactions need to be eliminated.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Kids are stupid !

6 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

That kid was both smart and stupid for doing such a thing, he ruined his parents financial future

6 hours ago, Escanor said:

kids having acces to stores without there parents

Personally I would have the child charged with theft.

His parents are making him work so he can repay the amount, and understand how much hardwork it takes. 

Edit: I would become a Boomer by then

On top of that Micro transactions need to be eliminated.

When I become a Boomer, I am gonna tell my kid's kids that "once there was a time when skins meant you played well, and not that you have ur mom's credit card"

That kid was both smart and stupid for doing such a thing, he ruined his parents financial future.

His future, his parents were going to send him to college with that

Edited by Spotty
Merged Comments - Dont spam post.

1 hour ago, SeAsOn3 said:

His parents are making him work so he can repay the amount, and understand how much hardwork it takes. 

You missed my point.

Edit: I would become a Boomer by then

When I become a Boomer, I am gonna tell my kid's kids that "once there was a time when skins meant you played well, and not that you have ur mom's credit card"

Were you born in the 50's? I doubt it.

You cannot be a boomer as boomers were born in the 50's.

My parents are boomers. I am a GenX'r. I will never be a boomer as I cannot change my birthdate.

People and their loose use of terms of which they know not.

His future, his parents were going to send him to college with that

Why are you breaking this down for me? Nothing in my comment suggests that I am ignorant to what happened.

Spending time in jail and having the boy go through the justice system will add to the lesson learned, having him earn the money back is not the whole of the picture of what he did. He thieved against his parents ... he knew exactly what he was doing, this wasn't an innocent act on his part, hence my "he was smart and stupid" comment. He needs to know that such actions end with consequence, if he did this against another person then yes charges would be brought, in the US this is a felony level act.

I do not believe you are fully aware of the totality of this situation.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

C'mon he is 17 most Indian (or should I say human) teens understand the concept of money by 16, and even before if you earn. I can feel the dad's pain (I am 15 made my first income when14, by working in a computer shop, I new about PC building so my work was to make a parts list for non tech savvy guys willing to buy a PC according to their needs and Budget, it was Rs 2000/$25 I was going to save more so I could buy a gt 1030, but the money got stolen), and the the parents also have their fault, how can they let him know the bank details and credit card info.

I've known many teenagers / young adults that don't comprehend the value of money.

Teens / people don't really start to understand the value of money until they get a job, and there are many teenagers who have never had a job.

Not long ago a cousin got his first job and me and my uncle had a bit of a laugh when my uncle told me about my cousin having that "Stuff is expensive" realization.

Even when they do get a job it doesn't always sink in.

I've had friends / family who got one of those credit card offers in the mail and then had a very sobering reality check a few months later when their spending spree came due.

I know for a fact that some of those people had responsible parents who talked to them and warned them not to go crazy with that plastic money but sometimes the only way we learn is to make a mistake even if we'd already been warned about it.

11 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Were you born in the 50's? I doubt it.

You cannot be a boomer as boomers were born in the 50's.

I mean by the time I become as old as Boomers are now,(wait a sec, I am gen z and there's no letter after z😲)

11 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Spending time in jail and having the boy go through the justice system will add to the lesson learned,

Or be friends with real criminals there, and be a drug pedlar or gangster when he comes out.

Yikes. Reminds of this story from one of the mmo RPGs I play. I've noticed that I've fallen in the loot box pit while playing Duel Links. I just want my favorite character to have the nice cards. :(

We’ve heard of people building up massive amounts of debt through microtransactions in the past, but rarely to this level. A UK man is reported to have spent over £50,000 ($62,000) [USD] on in-game purchases for browser-based MMORPG RuneScape.

https://www.techspot.com/news/81968-runescape-player-spends-62000-game-microtransactions.html

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

If that was my kid, I will disown him. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

30 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

A UK man is reported to have spent over £50,000 ($62,000) [USD] on in-game purchases for browser-based MMORPG RuneScape.

It was his own money

24 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

It was his own money

True. I checked the source again and saw a story of a kid "accidentally" charging $7500 USD from microtransactions on his dad's credit card. Credit scores are a major thing in the USA. That story was from the UK, though.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

20 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

He tried to do it in such a way that his parents won't be able to know

Then he's a moron, who WOULDN'T see $21,500 USD missing from a bank account....

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

17 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

C'mon he is 17 most Indian (or should I say human) teens understand the concept of money by 16, and even before if you earn. I can feel the dad's pain (I am <removed by staff> made my first income when14, by working in a computer shop, I new about PC building so my work was to make a parts list for non tech savvy guys willing to buy a PC according to their needs and Budget, it was Rs 2000/$25 I was going to save more so I could buy a gt 1030, but the money got stolen), and the the parents also have their fault, how can they let him know the bank details and credit card info.

Do you know how many adults have problem to manage money? How many people have load of credit card debts?

51 minutes ago, Deli said:

Do you know how many adults have problem to manage money? How many people have load of credit card debts?

But how can they spend such large amount of money in virtual cloths and gun stickers.

1 minute ago, Kaloob said:

Holy crap, the oldest ones are like 10...

nope. they would be turning 9 this year.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

2 hours ago, Kaloob said:

Gen Alpha is the current one

Who names these?

11 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Or be friends with real criminals there, and be a drug pedlar or gangster when he comes out.

That would be unrealistic, I dont know how India handles its jails but i would think they keep juvenile law breakers separated from adults.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER