COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-governor-warns-worshipers-congregate-easter-weekend/story?id=70101091

Not a religious person but so happy to see that not all judges have forgotten whats in the constitution. 

Its one thing to ban gathering where people are standing next to eachother touching. Hes out of his mind to try and ban drive in services though. 

On 4/13/2020 at 5:31 PM, RonnieOP said:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-governor-warns-worshipers-congregate-easter-weekend/story?id=70101091

Not a religious person but so happy to see that not all judges have forgotten whats in the constitution. 

Its one thing to ban gathering where people are standing next to eachother touching. Hes out of his mind to try and ban drive in services though. 

The Drive in services ban does sound dumb.  I am a religious person and even I support the no packed indoor services thing.  A couple of congregations have already caused massive problems that way.  Social distance doesn’t require distance from god.  It requires physical distance from people.

< content removed by staff >

Edited by LogicalDrm

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

My local grocery store (IGA) has an 15-20 minute queue for accessing the website, due to Covid-related "high demand". 

Is this 1996?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

My local grocery store (IGA) has an 15-20 minute queue for accesing the website, due to Covid-related "high demand". 

Is this 1996?

Gotta think they probably mever had a need to worry about this many people accessing the website all at once before so they didnt waste the money paying for a server that could handle it.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, wkdpaul said:
  • No replies to incite fears or to be dismissive ; be alert, not anxious (thx Dr. Mike),

Ah, I See You're a Man of Culture As Well | Know Your Meme

Also as a parent, I am legally required to make others suffer through this XD

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

2 hours ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Wish test rates would be reported everywhere not just America, its dangerous to say there less cases now daily when you reduce testing daily, its misleading and dangerous.

You can track total tests, and tests per 1,000,000 people,  at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ since a few days ago.

5 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

You can track total tests, and tests per 1,000,000 people,  at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ since a few days ago.

Numbers are interesting.  It differentiates by population in some metrics but not others.  That it does it anywhere though is useful though.  The US may have done 2 million tests, but that number per capita while higher than Spain is below Belgium.  Spain’s per capita is much higher than the US for casualties.  One  issue is official cases vs actual cases.  This one is dependent on testing.  Just saw a statement that on one day New York City personal found over 1000 people dead in their homes.  8 times what they usually find.  None of those cases are “official” because they were found dead.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Mother Nature: no breaks whatsoever.

A nasty storm system is bringing severe high winds to the Big Apple Monday — with the potential to wreak havoc on pop-up medical facilities like the tented field hospital in Central Park treating the New York coronavirus outbreak, meteorologists said.

“The threat with the tents is with anything that is not tethered down could get blown away. It can bring down any trees within the park and it could damage tents and it could damage any people in the tents,” Accuweather meteorologist Brett Edwards told The Post Monday morning.

“The main threat will be damaging wind gusts. With this event that is the number one threat,” Edwards said, adding, “tornadoes are a low threat, but we cannot rule it out with absolute certainty.”

https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/severe-winds-could-wreck-nycs-tented-coronavirus-field-hospitals/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Have been watching this, very interesting, even though I don't agree with everything.

One thing he's saying, and I absolutely agree with him in that regard: Many people push for "Testing! Testing! Testing!" but the question is with WHAT? Most of the chemicals needed for testing are the same for manufacturing our medicines.

We, globally, are about to run out of medicines except for the 2 countries producing the needed chemicals and molecules: China and India.

And these two countries at the moment are thinking of themselves first and/or are selling what they want for your 1st born son's blood and your grand-parents soul whether it's PPEs, medicines, chemicals, ventilators, etc.

That's a HUGE problem to be solved quickly. And so it means a major rerouting of the supply chains, but also redevelopment of the local manufacturing.

The other thing is yes, I do agree that we can't stay in confinement indefinitely, but as realistically speaking when you look at how the situation is now, the 1st of May is not yet an option.

When he says that, for the US there is a need to discuss the core of the matter, among all the Governors at the same time, I think he has a strong point there.-

It can't be some Governors decide this, and the others do something else. Normally that's what a strong leader and the Federal Government is for, but here, obviously, there is a president who decided that his role is to be a cheerleader and a back-up, basically, his ass on the bench and waiting with the arms crossed, so the Governors can't count on him. So what option is there?

In Europe we have more or less an unity, even though there's going to be some slamming around once this is over, in a year or so.

Africa is going to be a HUGE disaster... What happened in Ecuador will be "vacation in paradise island" in comparison. We are seeing it unrolling its script right now, but not a lot of countries do anything... And once again, a LOT of raw materials come from Africa, and food...

I don't even want to think of Central and South America, it depressed me...

I thing remains obvious is that "life as usual" is not an option... Not when an even worst disaster is waiting for us at the corner of the street...

And there again, some of the "world leaders" (in name only) are denying what is happening, even though we can all experience the effects and consequences even right now already, and it will only be worse with time passing...

So?

Culture_Matrix_RedPillBluePill-104740384

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Numbers are interesting.  It differentiates by population in some metrics but not others.  That it does it anywhere though is useful though.  The US may have done 2 million tests, but that number per capita while higher than Spain is below Belgium.  Spain’s per capita is much higher than the US for casualties.  One  issue is official cases vs actual cases.  This one is dependent on testing.  Just saw a statement that on one day New York City personal found over 1000 people dead in their homes.  8 times what they usually find.  None of those cases are “official” because they were found dead.  

It's also going to matter the testing criteria. A lot of places aren't testing unless you present all 3 major symptoms, and, at least for the USA outside of the hotspots, you're looking at a 10:1 Negative:Positive testing rate. Which is also pointing to some really weird differential responses to exposure to the virus.  Other thing to keep in mind on the global scale is that those early Chinese tests might have been wildly inconsistent, and might be part of the reason for spread in a few places since they cleared people with the virus. Watch for that to pop up in a couple of months as part of the long-list of ways China screwed everyone over.

On a related note, one thing I've noticed through all of this is that generally most don't realize how many people die on an average day. Finding 1000 dead in NYC isn't even a unique event and likely more because housing places are checking more combined with delays due to holidays/people isolated, thus stacking up on a day. A death in a family is a tragic event, but, at the rate things are going, the year looks like it'll be down in Net Deaths from expected in most major economies because of the lack of driving and the other viruses not passed around.

19 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

It's also going to matter the testing criteria. A lot of places aren't testing unless you present all 3 major symptoms, and, at least for the USA outside of the hotspots, you're looking at a 10:1 Negative:Positive testing rate. Which is also pointing to some really weird differential responses to exposure to the virus.  Other thing to keep in mind on the global scale is that those early Chinese tests might have been wildly inconsistent, and might be part of the reason for spread in a few places since they cleared people with the virus. Watch for that to pop up in a couple of months as part of the long-list of ways China screwed everyone over.

On a related note, one thing I've noticed through all of this is that generally most don't realize how many people die on an average day. Finding 1000 dead in NYC isn't even a unique event and likely more because housing places are checking more combined with delays due to holidays/people isolated, thus stacking up on a day. A death in a family is a tragic event, but, at the rate things are going, the year looks like it'll be down in Net Deaths from expected in most major economies because of the lack of driving and the other viruses not passed around.

Re: 1000 dead.  According to the statement 1000 dead in their homes was 8 times what they usually get, so unusual?  Yes.

this whole “China data is wrong though no evidence but is data is right even though there is evidence to the contrary” strikes me as wildly disengenuous.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

this whole “China data is wrong though no evidence but is data is right even though there is evidence to the contrary” strikes me as wildly disengenuous.

Can I ask you to develop? I'm not sure what you are talking about here. 🙂

11 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Dang. And I heard SF was doing well.

The problem with some of the States such as California, when you still see a bunch of people outside, shown in this YouTube video is because their number of positive cases aren't has high, say compared to New York. The other reason is due to the density of the State. California is more spread out, while New York in more packed together. Because they're more spread out and cases are low, it gives them an idea "it's not so bad" and therefore it must be okay to socialize. Where this is going, it will cause more of them not to take it seriously (some haven't taken it seriously at all) not just for Covid-19, also for whatever other diseases or pandemic that may happen in our lifetime. Telling them to stay inside, they go off about "MY RIGHTS, MY FREEDOM". :|

Because there are people like that, then expect the quarantine period to be even longer.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

12 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Can I ask you to develop? I'm not sure what you are talking about here. 🙂

Was a reply to a piece of a comment by @Taf the Ghost.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Was a reply to a piece of a comment by @Taf the Ghost.

Thank you... I know that... ^o^

I was asking you to develop what you meant, no who you were answering to 🙂

If you are in the US check your bank accounts.

At lunch today my buddy asked the table to check theirs and we all had gotten the stimulus deposit.

2 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Thank you... I know that... ^o^

I was asking you to develop what you meant, no who you were answering to 🙂

There’s nothing to develop.  It was a specific reply to a specific statement.   I personally think ALL the reports about covid spread are inaccurate and low.  To what degree is unknown.  Dealing with dirty data is something science has had  to deal with for a long time though.

2 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

If you are in the US check your bank accounts.

At lunch today my buddy asked the table to check theirs and we all had gotten the stimulus deposit.

It’s apparently dependent on several factors.  Whether you filed taxes last year (many lower income people don’t because it’s always zero) how you set up your return (some sort of electronic thing) if you have a bank account in the first place (again a lot of lower income people don’t)  If all your ducks happen to be in a row though, sure.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:36 PM, Cora_Lie said:

Have been watching this, very interesting, even though I don't agree with everything.

Spoiler

One thing he's saying, and I absolutely agree with him in that regard: Many people push for "Testing! Testing! Testing!" but the question is with WHAT? Most of the chemicals needed for testing are the same for manufacturing our medicines.

We, globally, are about to run out of medicines except for the 2 countries producing the needed chemicals and molecules: China and India.

And these two countries at the moment are thinking of themselves first and/or are selling what they want for your 1st born son's blood and your grand-parents soul whether it's PPEs, medicines, chemicals, ventilators, etc.

That's a HUGE problem to be solved quickly. And so it means a major rerouting of the supply chains, but also redevelopment of the local manufacturing.

The other thing is yes, I do agree that we can't stay in confinement indefinitely, but as realistically speaking when you look at how the situation is now, the 1st of May is not yet an option.

When he says that, for the US there is a need to discuss the core of the matter, among all the Governors at the same time, I think he has a strong point there.-

It can't be some Governors decide this, and the others do something else. Normally that's what a strong leader and the Federal Government is for, but here, obviously, there is a president who decided that his role is to be a cheerleader and a back-up, basically, his ass on the bench and waiting with the arms crossed, so the Governors can't count on him. So what option is there?

In Europe we have more or less an unity, even though there's going to be some slamming around once this is over, in a year or so.

Africa is going to be a HUGE disaster... What happened in Ecuador will be "vacation in paradise island" in comparison. We are seeing it unrolling its script right now, but not a lot of countries do anything... And once again, a LOT of raw materials come from Africa, and food...

I don't even want to think of Central and South America, it depressed me...

I thing remains obvious is that "life as usual" is not an option... Not when an even worst disaster is waiting for us at the corner of the street...

And there again, some of the "world leaders" (in name only) are denying what is happening, even though we can all experience the effects and consequences even right now already, and it will only be worse with time passing...

So?

Culture_Matrix_RedPillBluePill-104740384

The issue is that the federal government also cant just do what it wants. States have right too.

This whole stay at home order is borderline unconstitutional. The feds really dont have the power to just demand states to enact certain policies. 

Edited by LogicalDrm
Added spoiler

22 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

California is more spread out, while New York in more packed together.

SF is dense. Visited there a few times in the past. And New York, I'm guessing you mean New York City? Because one of the first clusters in the State of New York was Westchester county. It showed that one or two people who were infected attended dense gatherings with hundreds of people so the virus spread rapidly. So it can happen in rural counties as well. Heard this from Governor Cuomo during his latest coronavirus update in New York. California was the first State to issue its stay-at-home order and that helped in the long run for its dense cities and rural counties.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Just now, Bombastinator said:

It’s apparently dependent on several factors.  Whether you filed taxes last year (many lower income people don’t because it’s always zero) how you set up your return (some sort of electronic thing) if you have a bank account in the first place (again a lot of lower income people don’t)  If all your ducks happen to be in a row though, sure.

Yeah. I havent filled my taxes for 2019 yet but they just went with my 2018 taxes and bank info.

If the person doesnt have a bank then they are going to be mailed a check...which is going to take weeks yo months from what i have read.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I personally think ALL the reports about covid spread are inaccurate and low.  To what degree is unknown.  Dealing with dirty data is something science has had  to deal with for a long time though.

That is what I was asking for and what wasn't clear for me 🙂

Thanks for answering my question 🙂

And yes, I agree with you regarding the :

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I personally think ALL the reports about covid spread are inaccurate and low.

🙂

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/nyu-scientists-largest-us-study-of-covid-19-finds-obesity-the-single-biggest-factor-in-new-york-citys-hospitalizations/ar-BB12wALz

Now, one of the largest studies conducted of COVID-19 infection in the United States has found that obesity of patients was the single biggest factor in whether those with COVID-19 had to be admitted to a hospital. 

Original study: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.08.20057794v1

Probably more important for our discussion: 

nyu-decision-tree-for-covid-cases.jpg

This is USA data, obviously, and most of the sub-section data is pretty thin. So some of it might change over time on the edge-cases. Still, chronic health issues is the biggest predictor of hospitalization. 

3 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

SF is dense. Visited there a few times in the past. And New York, I'm guessing you mean New York City? Because one of the first clusters in the State of New York was Westchester county. It showed that one or two people who were infected attended dense gatherings with hundreds of people so the virus spread rapidly. So it can happen in rural counties as well. Heard this from Governor Cuomo during his latest coronavirus update in New York. California was the first State to issue its stay-at-home order and that helped in the long run for its dense cities and rural counties.

The early stay at home order did help, but it doesn't mean for those people to be outside. If everyone can work together and do their part by staying inside, the sooner things will begin to reopen, and everyone can get back to their normal lives.

Will it ever be normal like before, most likely not, but as normal as possible.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list