Weird Adaptors (Post any crazy adaptor you can find)

-= Moved to Off Topic =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I have a usb to AV video and spidif sound, I don't know if it works and I would have to find it from The Archives!!!

But in all seiousness it is probs buried DEEP

Somewhere in a box I have an Apple Hdi-45 to DA-15 video adapter, it went with an old PowerMac 7100 I had a long time ago.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

When you need that UHD 4K Crisp Images outta Ya Glorious GameBoy, Everyone Knows you mean Business.

1 hour ago, Superninja009 said:

I found a very peculiar adapter

well, i guess you're not live in europe....this is scart, an analogue connector that carries R G B signal. basically VGA. a superior standard in every conceivable way than s-video and composite, other than cost.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Apple’s proprietary 30 pin connector that is so fragile based on my experience with an iPhone 4s. 
-throwback images-

Those and Lightning cables have always been really fucking fragile in all my experiences with various iPods and iPhones, both first and third-party cables. It's comically bad.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

16 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Those and Lightning cables have always been really fucking fragile in all my experiences with various iPods and iPhones, both first and third-party cables. It's comically bad.

The cables arent the best but USB C ports on phones are the worst fucking thing to happen to the cell phone industry. The amount of broken ports on phones I see come into my store is way higher than any other connection ever, like its not even close. If  had to choose ill take lightning over type C every time. Also I never once had a 30 pin connector fail me on either the cable or device side 

Gimme ALL the RCAs

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.07472ef2761ffcdb9e2707644b7ffec3.jpg

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Apple’s proprietary 30 pin connector that is so fragile based on my experience with an iPhone 4s. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0131ae51ae66a4f270e07b4831c2cce9.jpeg

Hey, that's not even 30 pins! Hope you didn't pay full price for 1/3 pin-count.

As for odd connectors, are these only for external, or do internal connectors count, too? Because while I don't have a picture currently, I encountered one that was out of the ordinary (for me, anyway), and ended up destroying it trying to remove it. Luckily it was being used for testing for other purposes.

Also, do unit-to-unit connectors count? Because I know classic consoles had some connectors that I can try to get pics of.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

Would microusb3 to anything count?  Also what about old phone proprietary connectors from palm and Nokia and stuff?  They weren’t weird when they were made.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Probably more about weird combinations that seem would have no reason to exist than totally standard stuff that's just old.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

5 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Gimme ALL the RCAs

I thhink this is some sort of proprietary audio connector on some expensive and locked down pro equipments, i thought it's dms-59 but it cant convert to component video

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

F@H

GPD Win 2

Sony MSAC-FD2MA Floppy Disk Adaptor For Memory Stick: Amazon.co.uk ...

memory stick to 3.5 inch floppy disk adapter.

and it's not meant to use on computer floppy drives

Sony's Mavica FD71 liked floppy disks, hated magnets: Digital ...

it was used in sony mavica digital cameras. they are the grand daddy of consumer digital cameras, and the first line of digital camera with swappable internal memory. which...

Sony Mavica - Wikipedia'

this is the first mavica prototype, and probably the first ever professional NON-FILM ELECTRONIC camera(not digital, but an analogue still video camera). the famous tiananmen tankman picture is taken by AP reporter using one of this model. the pictures were transmited to AP HQ using satellite link since phone and fax lines were cut.

what is apple fanboys anyway? they have no idea how badass Sony was back in the days.

Sexy, Simple Sony: The TR-1825 Radio - Core77

this is sony TR-1825 solid state am radio.

IT WAS RELEASED IN 1970

I have this:

image.jpeg.84e1e8e22c89072c975773280a90bdd3.jpeg

It is a usb to svideo and av but mine is different.

mine has the make yellow av only and the male s-video...

so weird

12 minutes ago, Superninja009 said:

I have this:

image.jpeg.84e1e8e22c89072c975773280a90bdd3.jpeg

It is a usb to svideo and av but mine is different.

mine has the make yellow av only and the male s-video...

so weird

it's more like a usb capture card than usb to analogue video. video out need a lot more power than usb.

yours came without audio in, only video in. and if they are in they should be in female, but weird nontheless.

SATA male to SATA female extension...

Like why... 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers