Pewdiepie! - We built you a gaming PC!

ColinLTT
37 minutes ago, Lynx said:

And LMG, they already said, they're not interested in political discussion, and for an entity that doesn't care about that, there's no harm in associating with him.

If you associate with someone you're also associating with their content, the public perception, etc. If LMG did a video building a PC for Trump (Or Biden/Sanders) you couldn't claim that they aren't associating with politics at all just because they don't specifically engage in political discussion, since their actions were associating with inherently political figures. It's the same with other content creators.

As it goes, I would say PewDiePie is one of the least controversial big content creators. If you ignore all the bs articles written about him, all the quotes taken out of context and all the JOKES he makes, he is never offensive, never in the wrong and never outright racist/antisemitic/whatever else. He slipped up with the n-word thing; I, and he, and many of the youtube community agree that was stupid and pointless. But if you actually watch his content, and get to know his personality more, it is Clear that he is not a bad person - just likes edgy jokes, as many people do. All of you crying about how he made light of the pandemic are utter babies - he was just laughing about CV memes, like a normal person does. I am personally happy about this 'collab', I think that PewDiePie is the ideal 'collab' partner and I think this video is amazing. It really shows how far LMG has come, not only with their custom engineering segments, but as a brand. Well done LMG! 

build looks amazing but a 240 or 280mm rad up top would have fit and helped cooling massively. along the same lines maybe going dual 92mm with a pair of 40mm down below would have given more air in.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

19 minutes ago, Miracle Nachos said:

But even dismissing my, or anyone elses feelings on the specific individual, we just watched you design, fabricate and construct and elaborate, custom PC that you are giving away, to a Multi-Fucking-Millionaire!

A Multi-Fucking-Millionaire who recieves all of his current, top of the line tech 100% for free, because he is sponsored by a major OEM.

Um... I'm afraid you have me a little confused here. Would you mind quoting when/where Linus or another LTT staff member has stated that they were giving away the creeper PC for free? The best evidence that I could find was Linus in the video stating they were building the PC "in absolute secrecy," which could be interpreted in multiple ways (secrecy from whom exactly?). LTT has also been careful to word every video/Twitter post referencing this creeper PC with "built/build" instead of "giveaway."

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I'm the modder of the Creeper Case they reference in the  video! Very awesome they gave me credit for it, and I appreciate it a lot! He did mention his was better and I don't know about all of that... :D. If they want to do a case mod contest I'm ready whenever!

Honestly, I like the visual looks of mine but the all the pc components in the head was a pain to work with. They did a good job with there component setup for sure.

This is appalling! I’m not a religious person but for you Linus, I will be lighting a candle at my house for you because all churches are closed. 
FACAC2EF-1E60-4EE3-B305-13A93D823D77.thumb.jpeg.08ffbc7b45515341985ab95a04f2535e.jpeg

I can’t wait for the like/dislike ratio to flip. 

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Why use adhesive for mounting the side plates rather than T-slotted nuts? That would help a lot with re usability of the panels rather than having to align adhesive ones.

5 hours ago, AtomicFire said:

Literally about a month ago

https://www.ccn.com/pewdiepie-laughs-at-coronavirus-in-racially-edgy-return-video/

And don't forget all the other times he was racist/antisemetic

I stopped reading when they used "Coronachan" as an argument. You literally just linked an ""article"" that cites memes, reddit posts and jokes about toilets as actual racist and offensive stuff. That should say it all.
Plus he's the most famous youtuber there is, for LTT would just be a huge shoutout if he were to include them in a video.

1 hour ago, captain_to_fire said:

This is appalling! I’m not a religious person but for you Linus, I will be lighting a candle at my house for you because all churches are closed. 
FACAC2EF-1E60-4EE3-B305-13A93D823D77.thumb.jpeg.08ffbc7b45515341985ab95a04f2535e.jpeg

I can tilt the odds the other way with my other accounts. So don't worry fam, I got you. But how many likes should I go for?

I really don't understand all of this anti-pewdiepie arguments...

I think you are taking everything too seriously and you shouldn't expect everyone to have the same sense of humour as you do. 

Regarding the other "claims" of his beliefs... Please... 

Regarding the video, amazing build! Loving the growing engineering capabilities of LTT! Keep at it! 

7 hours ago, SnowWolf370 said:

his racial outbursts throughout the years. And his name being used as a meme all over the world and him even being mentioned as a source for terrorism has pushed it all over the edge.

1. Most people make racial jokes at some point, I would not consider them outbursts

2. Pewdiepie is a content creator, of courses he’s gonna be a meme

3. This one I love, did pewdiepie tell people to commit the terrorist acts? 

No

did pewdiepie condone the terrorist acts?

No

did pewdiepie commit the terrorist acts?

no

is pewdiepie a terrorist?

hell no

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

7 hours ago, AtomicFire said:

https://www.ccn.com/pewdiepie-laughs-at-coronavirus-in-racially-edgy-return-video/

Oh no, he said toilet is better in Japan, how racist..
You really take seriously what's written in this article garbage?

this article https://www.ccn.com/pewdiepie-laughs-at-coronavirus-in-racially-edgy-return-video/

is frankly complete and udder garbage. them pointing out that pewdiepie called the Corona Virus Corona-Chan is so so stupid it isn't even racist at all

These are the most stupid points to bring up Nothing he said is racist They literally bring up him making a toilet joke as Racist how are you people taking this shit seriously.

like how much of a snowflake do you have to be to get triggered over any of this. Sure he has said the N word and such like that bad jokes nothing more its not like he has a actual hatred toward any of them you all need to lighten the fuck up.

To all the people crying about pewdiepie: Are you that brain-dead you'd site CNN links as viable sources? for one, the people at CNN can't write articles for shit, using stpid memes as sources as to why someone is racist, when I do not understand what makes it racist. If you want to waste time lobbying against a youtuber who is """RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!""" then I have some advice for you: get a new fucking hobby instead of being crybabies about a person getting a custom PC. It's none of your business what LTT does for people.

12 hours ago, AtomicFire said:

Couldn’t find anything in the video that was as scandalous as the title made it sound tbh

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I dislike pewdiepie not for the fake news around him or even his videos, some of his videos are decent. The real reason I dislike him is for his attitude and his swearing that is completely unessesary.

11 hours ago, SnowWolf370 said:

and him even being mentioned as a source for terrorism has pushed it all over the edge.

Lmao. I’d say Islam has created one or two more terrorists than pewds but ok /s

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

9 hours ago, scuff gang said:

1. Most people make racial jokes at some point, I would not consider them outbursts

2. Pewdiepie is a content creator, of courses he’s gonna be a meme

3. This one I love, did pewdiepie tell people to commit the terrorist acts? 

No

did pewdiepie condone the terrorist acts?

No

did pewdiepie commit the terrorist acts?

no

is pewdiepie a terrorist?

hell no

this ^

This build was actually really fun to see come together from an engineering standpoint, I'd love to see LTT try their hand at more game themed custom PCs, maybe something for cyberpunk 2077? 👀

I'm not going to make a comment on the controversy other than pewdiepies humour is satirical and should be taken with a pinch of salt. If people can't take things as a joke like "coronachan" then they might want to avoid ever watching any comedy by Frankie Boyle, as that's far far worse.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

16 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Try again LOL..... Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't.

The guys hating over here are really childish and are part of the reason of why we can't joke anymore because ''they got offended''. 

What's funnier they talk about a guy that "spreads hate" and try to force their opinion and spread hatred more...it's funny how people like those turn out to be more violent, offensive and even wish death on the people they call out.(not talking about the guys here only).Grow up,learn how to be thick skinned instead of a crybaby,otherwise you will not survive in this cruel world. 

Edit:Also instead of just reading click bait news articles go to the source itself, pewdiepie videos, and see if the claims are true.Context changes everything..... 

ANYWAY nice build guys and great pc, tho i worry about the head ejection part becoming a problem in the future (forgot what they are called) 

20200329_162839.jpg

2 hours ago, Goliath_1911 said:

ANYWAY nice build guys and great pc, tho i worry about the head ejection part becomeing a problem in the future (forgot what they are called) 

Thanks, it was a big design undertaking for me, particularly that head. It can still be a bit spotty on the trigger with power-on but I think it adds to the fun of the whole build. I was less focused on the recipient and more focused on making something that looked visually good and hit all the performance and function targets we set out at the beginning. There were many design elements that got changed as they would have visually made things look weird OR were just too much issue to add to the scope. This project really dragged on, but I think came together well. 

Here's one of the head venting solutions I toyed with, I made a creeper head pattern 

image.png

The vinyl wrap did have some errors, like getting 4 of the same foot side panel from the vinyl wrap supplier, so we had to use what we had.

41 minutes ago, ColinLTT said:

Thanks, it was a big design undertaking for me, particularly that head. It can still be a bit spotty on the trigger with power-on but I think it adds to the fun of the whole build. I was less focused on the recipient and more focused on making something that looked visually good and hit all the performance and function targets we set out at the beginning. There were many design elements that got changed as they would have visually made things look weird OR were just too much issue to add to the scope. This project really dragged on, but I think came together well. 

The vinyl wrap did have some errors, like getting 4 of the same foot side panel from the vinyl wrap supplier, so we had to use what we had.

The design, vinyl, and overall look great(and the wobbly head is awesome!) , but i meant i worry about the power off when ejecting the head, could it damage the pc at one point?? I would feel better if u told me that u guys already fixed it or it won't cause an issue xD

The Creeper head pattern looks cool, but probably would have looked bad long term due to dust build up

Loved watching linus jumping when the head popped out xD hahahahahah

Edit : Also would love to see more custom builds like this! 

19 hours ago, Sithon said:

If you associate with someone you're also associating with their content, the public perception, etc. If LMG did a video building a PC for Trump (Or Biden/Sanders) you couldn't claim that they aren't associating with politics at all just because they don't specifically engage in political discussion, since their actions were associating with inherently political figures. It's the same with other content creators.

Ah, the association stuff for every little things.

Just let me tell you this, not all people see the world as simple as politician do, left or right, Dem or Rep, etch.