Would it be safe to ship?

Kanna

Okay so a pc with these parts and in a cardboard box designed for the case will it be safe to drive about 25 min in car once a week to move it does something have to be dismounted before going? I also forgot to add that I will have another mechanical hdd in it and that it will be a mouse mat and a pair of headphones in the box

dröm pc.PNG

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

CPU HSF should be fine to transport without disassembly, but I would remove the 2060 as a precaution. Also, lay the box on its side with the motherboard on the bottom.

I would definitely remove the GPU just to be safe.

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card
  • Case
    Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
  • Storage
    Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • PSU
    Corsair VS 550 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Gamerstorm Captain 240 PRO
  • Operating System
    WIndows 10 home

Hey there. Some general tips for moving PCs:

• Taking out the graphics card is a good idea, and consider removing and individually packing the CPU cooler (especially if it's weighty) and any HDDs.
  • When packing individual components, anti-static bags with plenty of cushioning is recommended.
  • If you can, try laying the case on its motherboard side when transporting it in your vehicle.

LTT has done a pretty good video on packing up and moving PCs:

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

will it be safe to drive about 25 min in car once a week to move it

Once a week...? Just asking out of curiosity, how often will you be moving this PC? 🤨

If you'll be moving this setup frequently, I would highly suggest switching the TG panel on your NZXT H510 case out for a solid side panel, if possible, or using another case entirely -- the TG panel might shatter during the move or during repeated dis/reassembly.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Well if you are asking for a new build, don't go with a case that has tempered glass side panels, they will shatter at some point unless you pack them up every time and even then it poses a risk when unpacking. Also go for an AIO instead, that be quiet cooler may loosen on the way, I don't think it will break something but surely put some strain on the motherboard. And yes, remove the GPU and if It's no hassle also the ram.

Other than that you're fine, I used to travel with a big tower back in the day for lan parties, had plenty of drives in it and no problems, just a few dents in steel but still running today as a file server.

17 hours ago, Applefreak said:

Well if you are asking for a new build, don't go with a case that has tempered glass side panels, they will shatter at some point unless you pack them up every time and even then it poses a risk when unpacking. Also go for an AIO instead, that be quiet cooler may loosen on the way, I don't think it will break something but surely put some strain on the motherboard. And yes, remove the GPU and if It's no hassle also the ram.

Other than that you're fine, I used to travel with a big tower back in the day for lan parties, had plenty of drives in it and no problems, just a few dents in steel but still running today as a file server.

18 hours ago, Eschew said:

• Taking out the graphics card is a good idea, and consider removing and individually packing the CPU cooler (especially if it's weighty) and any HDDs.
  • When packing individual components, anti-static bags with plenty of cushioning is recommended.
  • If you can, try laying the case on its motherboard side when transporting it in your vehicle.

Once a week...? Just asking out of curiosity, how often will you be moving this PC? 🤨

If you'll be moving this setup frequently, I would highly suggest switching the TG panel on your NZXT H510 case out for a solid side panel, if possible, or using another case entirely -- the TG panel might shatter during the move or during repeated dis/reassembly.

Okay, so I changed it up changed case and switched to an AIO cooler and decided on maybe using some type of packing foam inside and temporarily place something soft but hard under the GPU so the weight doesn't go down and destroy the mobo. Also, the hard drives will still be in case probably since its pretty intact, the pc I own now I don't remove the hard drives

ss.PNG

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

18 hours ago, Applefreak said:

TG is not that fragile. If its boxed up half way decent itll be fine.

Hell if its just put in his car and he doesnt drive like a maniac itll be fine.

@RonnieOP nailed it. A lot of these people are really being over cautious to downright overkill. If you have it secured in the vehicle, you're not going to run into any issues. By secure, I simply mean having something against it so it doesn't move around. Even having it just behind the drivers seat in the foot well is likely fine enough (depending on how far back you sit). The only time you need to be concerned is if you're shipping it, which you're not doing. If you're putting it back into the original tower box with the foam it came with, you have absolutely 0 concern.
Don't bother removing anything. It's unnecessary. If it's jolted enough in the car for the graphics card to fall out, or the cooler to dismount, you're liking going to the hospital with severe injuries anyway.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:36 PM, Eschew said:

That's more for shipping, not what the OP is going to be doing. Only the last bullet point is really necessary.

TG is fine. It's not going to be thrown around, and it's not weak enough that it's going to shatter during disassembly or reassembly.

On 3/26/2020 at 4:59 PM, Allmykidsareblack said:

Pray to the shipping gods bud!

Did you even read the post?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

@RonnieOP nailed it. A lot of these people are really being over cautious to downright overkill. If you have it secured in the vehicle, you're not going to run into any issues. By secure, I simply mean having something against it so it doesn't move around. Even having it just behind the drivers seat in the foot well is likely fine enough (depending on how far back you sit). The only time you need to be concerned is if you're shipping it, which you're not doing. If you're putting it back into the original tower box with the foam it came with, you have absolutely 0 concern.
Don't bother removing anything. It's unnecessary. If it's jolted enough in the car for the graphics card to fall out, or the cooler to dismount, you're liking going to the hospital with severe injuries anyway.

That's more for shipping, not what the OP is going to be doing. Only the last bullet point is really necessary.

TG is fine. It's not going to be thrown around, and it's not weak enough that it's going to shatter during disassembly or reassembly.

Did you even read the post?

Yeah, what I originally thought but I will probably keep this config since the case has a spot for DVD drive and I want an aio cooler instead.

Reminder⚠️

tempered glass will usually be fine if you don’t throw it

don’t worry about removing the gpu, just lay your case horizontally, motherboard down, so your gpu isn’t bouncing around, even it it was upright, it shouldn’t be much of a big deal with that gpu

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I transported my pc standing or on its side back & fourth between college many times without any disassembling. Just trying to make sure it doesn't shake too much. Surprised the graphics card didn't snap haha.

18 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Yeah, what I originally thought but I will probably keep this config since the case has a spot for DVD drive and I want an aio cooler instead.

Some pointers for your build:

• 8GB of RAM really isn't enough these days. You'd also want to go for a higher speed.
  • Try and get a 2060 Super.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

Some pointers for your build:

• 8GB of RAM really isn't enough these days. You'd also want to go for a higher speed.
  • Try and get a 2060 Super.

Just wanna point out that the 2 on the side of the ram states that its 2 8 gb ones

Reminder⚠️

21 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Just wanna point out that the 2 on the side of the ram states that its 2 8 gb ones

Ah, it's generally better to buy 16GB sets, as they're matched.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Ah, it's generally better to buy 16GB sets, as they're matched.

Well I will stick with 16gb to start with should I buy 1 16gb stick or 2 8gb sticks?  btw comment on my new topic since its about the pc parts

Reminder⚠️

7 hours ago, Kanna said:

Well I will stick with 16gb to start with should I buy 1 16gb stick or 2 8gb sticks?  btw comment on my new topic since its about the pc parts

2x 8GB sticks will give you better memory bandwidth. If you're just gaming, stick with 2x 8GB sticks. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 3/26/2020 at 9:14 PM, Kanna said:

Okay so a pc with these parts and in a cardboard box designed for the case will it be safe to drive about 25 min in car once a week to move it does something have to be dismounted before going? I also forgot to add that I will have another mechanical hdd in it and that it will be a mouse mat and a pair of headphones in the box

dröm pc.PNG

both gpu and hard drive are the things that could cause the most damage...

the gpu commonly comes loose

and the hard drive should be transported in proper packing...