LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Can anyone confirm it takes 20 work units now to have PPD settle and to get bonus?

For me it only kicked in at 20WU and did not between 10 and 20.

I only got about 60k points up to unit 20 and now after just 3 more I have 144k!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Since FAH didn't update their stats for a while now, I am most certain the combined performance is well over 700 PFLOPS currently. (source: my own estimates)

35 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Just need the 24hr average to catch up.

It should, as the HiveMind's rate is decreasing (likely due to people realizing they can have a username, passkey and fold for teams)

image.png.473e18fe06c58b07b6bc8641ebdfafe1.png

Also, looks like we (LTT Team) have a lot of users who made sure to enter the team number, but didnt list a User Name 

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=630937

image.png.09a18e3369225394205c149fba54dc57.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

image.thumb.png.2b57dbb428b66200fd1126c608b46d9d.png

Doing what I can to help when my PC isnt in use :) Yet to get QRBs yet though... Problem is if you leave your system up overnight you cant manually refresh :(

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

Yeah if you haven't reliably getting workloads during the day it can't hurt to leave the PCs asleep overnight until they get the servers and workloads sorted.  Saves the poor servers some bandwidth on requests and idle power on your end if nothing else.

Now this got a lot more personal.

Turns out i got covid-19 and its borderline hospital level.

Hopefully it doesn't get worse and for anyone wondering it really sucks.

Kind of wish i could have afforded a better video card to do folding right about now  lol.

Think its netflixs and cough for abit

1 minute ago, Magnus33 said:

Kind of wish i could have afforded a better video card to do folding right about now  lol.

Eugh, That really sucks man, I hope you recover quickly :(

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

Just now, Magnus33 said:

If you start having more serious issues over the next 8 hours definitely get to a hospital ASAP.  I've heard cases where people had issues at, say, 7pm and by 3am they were in the hospital via ambulance due to how severe it got in that short period.

1 minute ago, Inkertus said:

If you start having more serious issues over the next 8 hours definitely get to a hospital ASAP.  I've heard cases where people had issues at, say, 7pm and by 3am they were in the hospital via ambulance due to how severe it got in that short period.

My doctors keeping tabs on me and if my oxygen saturation falls below 94 its hospital time.

Who knew the Samsung health app would com in so handy.

Coughing hurts like hell now and i am super glad Michelle at her dads keeping a eye on him.

It looks like the work servers are improving this morning after dipping the last 16 hours on job output, if I'm reading that right.  Not sure.

19 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It should, as the HiveMind's rate is decreasing (likely due to people realizing they can have a username, passkey and fold for teams)

Also, looks like we (LTT Team) have a lot of users who made sure to enter the team number, but didnt list a team Name 

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=630937

Do you really mean "team name" or rather "user name"?

3 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

It looks like the work servers are improving this morning after dipping the last 16 hours on job output, if I'm reading that right.  Not sure.

Ive been getting them quite frequently 

image.png.108feb7bca28d168eff3fc261dabeecd.png

5 minutes ago, SpiritWrath said:

Do you really mean "team name" or rather "user name"?

User name. I have a habit of doing that which makes communication sometimes confusing. Spotty is much better at it than I am 😂

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

User name. I have a habit of doing that which makes communication sometimes confusing. Spotty is much better at it than I am 😂

I find spotty is much better at the whole communication thing than most people...

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I’ve just told my team at work about F@H and the security guys just called it “a bot net with extra steps”!

I hope a few people at work will start doing it a now I’ve started talking about it. Apparently a few people used to do it for SETI but haven’t done in years.

1 minute ago, NineEyeRon said:

I’ve just told my team at work about F@H and the head of security just called it “a bot net with extra steps”!

I hope a few people at work will start doing it a now I’ve started talking about it. Apparently a few people used to do it for SETI but haven’t done in years.

For Team LTT I hope, but if not all folds are good folds 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, NineEyeRon said:

I’ve just told my team at work about F@H and the head of security just called it “a bot net with extra steps”!

It sucks knowing SETI will stop doing pumping work at the end of the month.  I used to do SETI with just my cell phone over night.

Just now, AstroAlan said:

It sucks knowing SETI will stop doing pumping work at the end of the month.  I used to do SETI with just my cell phone over night.

SETI is what got me into DC a long time ago too when I was a child... 

Rest in Piece, you will be remembered fondly. With that said I think things like F@H, WCG and rosetta are better uses for the compute power in the grand scheme of things. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

PEOPLE FAH RAN OUT OF GPU WORK UNITS THEY CAN'T KEEP UP...

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

1 minute ago, Jupitor said:

Long time watcher of LTT but never visited the forums.  Figured I should jump in for the cause.

3700x 

nvidia 1070

image.png.8e162bf4e2cfcb969e798c5200af4a3d.png

Welcome to the team!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, Jupitor said:

Long time watcher of LTT but never visited the forums.  Figured I should jump in for the cause.

3700x 

nvidia 1070

Full threads?  How toasty is your CPU getting then, if you've got a work job for it by now?  I can't go more than 10 in my case and this CPU seems to run hotter than my 1700 for supposedly the same wattage.

I’ve just knocked 4C off my temps with a piece of cardboard 4x3 inches, it’s stopping hot air at the back of the case mixing with cold air at the front...