LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

13 minutes ago, Xsilent(X) said:

PEOPLE FAH RAN OUT OF GPU WORK UNITS THEY CAN'T KEEP UP...

Thats what I'm thinking, i keep getting lots of CPU work though XD Its almost like the GPU work thing isnt pinging when my CPU is working though...

My CPU is down around 60 or so at full load which is nice :)

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

Oh hey, reminder for everyone running their PCs at medium or higher constantly.  Check on dust accumulation regularly.  I neglected that on a batch of video jobs for a while and noticed how much dust had clogged my filters by the end of it.  Dropped temps by several degrees afterwards by cleaning them and the fans.

11 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

Full threads?  How toasty is your CPU getting then, if you've got a work job for it by now?  I can't go more than 10 in my case and this CPU seems to run hotter than my 1700 for supposedly the same wattage.

Ryzen master has me sitting around 65c with 15 threads.   I'm using a Corsair H115 cooling on balanced.

3 minutes ago, Jupitor said:

Ryzen master has me sitting around 65c with 15 threads.   I'm using a Corsair H115 cooling on balanced.

Ah yeah that would keep it happy.  I'm running a Noctua NH-L12S in a Phanteks Shift case so everything runs at least +10C vs normal cases.  Had to disable PBO to keep the fans from revving like an impatient hot rod driver at a long red light.

So, I must've missed that this event doesn't actually start until 3/27...is this correct?

You are.

As for CPU WUs, I got 2 consecutive 8hr+ Corona WUs for my (ageing) quad-core AMD A8 CPU, so something's moving!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Ha I'd been waiting for a day before I saw that sometimes you have to restart to get a GPU job, and I finally got one. Giving me an estimated 23 hour and 56 minutes for an overclocked GTX970. At least its only hitting 82C for now with the fan pwm at 60%.

Just now, Leafy1 said:

Ha I'd been waiting for a day before I saw that sometimes you have to restart to get a GPU job, and I finally got one. Giving me an estimated 23 hour and 56 minutes for an overclocked GTX970. At least its only hitting 82C for now with the fan pwm at 60%.

Is that before or after a 3-10 minutes of it running?  It tends to give a super high estimate if it doesn't have enough data to guess more accurately.

1 hour ago, Magnus33 said:

Now this got a lot more personal.

Turns out i got covid-19 and its borderline hospital level.

Hopefully it doesn't get worse and for anyone wondering it really sucks.

Kind of wish i could have afforded a better video card to do folding right about now  lol.

Think its netflixs and cough for abit

I feel you, I also got that sh*t, it's been almost 2 weeks now and I still didn't fully recover. Feeling super tired and weak, but at least now I can sit at my PC.

I got stuck in bed the whole first week. It didn't get serious enough to need to go to the hospital though (and hospital are saturated where I live anyway, east of France), but it's been far from being a pleasant adventure.

Be patient, drink a lot of water and rest as much as possible, everything will be fine.

Cheers

Here we go 

Full tilt on the media sever 

15851516605974304027940411422157.jpg

I've been very lucky. I'm in a high risk group when it comes to this (Part of why I'm doing this) as im immunocompromised and even normal infections frequently send me to hospital :( I've also been mostly isolated and holed up in my theater/comp room though so thats helped I guess

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

1 minute ago, KenjiS9965 said:

I've been very lucky. I'm in a high risk group when it comes to this (Part of why I'm doing this) as im immunocompromised and even normal infections frequently send me to hospital :( I've also been mostly isolated and holed up in my theater/comp room though so thats helped I guess

Same, indirectly.  Mom is immunocompromised (live with) and I have to be more careful than I normally would be so she doesn't end up in the hospital with it and catch something else like MRSA because with her "catch everything every fall/winter" history she definitely would.

Well I just bought an i7, RTX 2080 laptop for a 60+ day trip that was canceled due to the COVID outbreak.  Decided to use it for folding.  I'm working from home and the fans on this thing are quite loud so I have it limited to 45w but bump it up to 90w at night.  

Untitled.png

Something I just noticed and maybe a coincidence - when I left the F@H client choose CPU, I was getting jobs that would take between 20 to 40 Minutes to complete when I would get them (rarely). I changed the setting to 22 Cores - and instantly I got a WU that takes 2.5 hours to run and saw this entry in the log

14:47:10:WU01:FS00:0xa7:Reducing thread count from 22 to 21 to avoid domain decomposition with large prime factor 11

perhaps my config was oddball since I was getting small WU when I could get them?

as for temp using a stock cooler, the 2 case fans in front and the machine at 100% cpu 78c

VRMs MOS- 46c, PCH 47c, PCIEX16 39c, System 1 and 2 sensors, 30c and 35c.

my GPU is 66c with a high of 71c seen.

note - in basement with window open a little and it's cold down here so that may be helping.

Hopefully that change helps me get more WU consistently.

22 minutes ago, Aerandir14 said:

I feel you, I also got that sh*t, it's been almost 2 weeks now and I still didn't fully recover. Feeling super tired and weak, but at least now I can sit at my PC.

I got stuck in bed the whole first week. It didn't get serious enough to need to go to the hospital though (and hospital are saturated where I live anyway, east of France), but it's been far from being a pleasant adventure.

Be patient, drink a lot of water and rest as much as possible, everything will be fine.

Cheers

Yeah it kicks the crap out of a person very quickly.

My doctors more worried because i am somewhat on at risk end of things.

I see the day treatment cemo  clinic every three or four months so its

Of course i am pathologically stubborn too so it evens out lol.

40 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

Is that before or after a 3-10 minutes of it running?  It tends to give a super high estimate if it doesn't have enough data to guess more accurately.

It must have just been before. I came back from lunch and its only 4 hours now.

Is the link to register not working for anyone else?

7 minutes ago, DonBeto said:

Is the link to register not working for anyone else?

Works fine for me. You're clicking the docs.google link and not the underlined message above it, yeah?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15xyE-Zob2UVa3FFJfSFFZXTO19vxahDYPKeZhg9A6mk

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Works fine for me. You're clicking the docs.google link and not the underlined message above it, yeah?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15xyE-Zob2UVa3FFJfSFFZXTO19vxahDYPKeZhg9A6mk

I'm so sorry, I just realized I was blocking JavaScript, should have know... works now! Thanks lmao

1 minute ago, N.tony said:

Steve wants to beat us at folding 🤣

Yep! I actually commented on it! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

grafik.thumb.png.71517ebe059e67031d18fd10d1c6157e.png

Already loving the fact that my Rig is contributing to such a great project!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop