LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Also:

image.png.a1105f9ce43aa61ce949efc6cd5ff902.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

prolly easy to script, if you have access, API call list of users, and just a if user not in list then = " what what" 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

1 minute ago, Technane said:

prolly easy to script, if you have access, API call list of users, and just a if user not in list then = " what what" 

No API access though...

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

No API access though...

If you have it in two files and its on windows its just a case of doing a

$file1 = Get-content c:\users.txt
$file2 = Get-content c:\forumusers.txt
compare-object $file1 $file2

1 minute ago, Technane said:

If you have it in two files and its on windows its just a case of doing a

$file1 = Get-content c:\users.txt
$file2 = Get-content c:\forumusers.txt
compare-object $file1 $file2

There is no way to pull a user list from the forum without administrator access or API key, nobody has either other than the forum admins.

1 hour ago, Michael McChesney said:

My PC is folding with both my CPU (9900K) and GPU (RTX 2060) at the moment.  The GPU temps seem fine in the low to mid 60's.  But my CPU temps are in the low to mid 80's.  Every minute or two I am getting a warning from Windows that my CPU temperature has exceeded 81 or 82 or 83 or 84 degrees (it seems not to like temps in the 80's) and that prolonged use at this temperature can shorten its lifespan.  It appears that it will take a total of 30 minutes to complete the CPU WU and 90 minutes for the GPU WU.  The GPU WU seems much more important as it's estimated point value is 72,000 while the CPU unit is 3,300.  I don't care about the points.  I definitely overbuilt this PC for what I use it for and I am happy if some good comes from it.  But at the same I don't want to damage it.  

I tried taking off my side panels to help with cooling but it doesn't seem to have much effect on temps, I am guessing because it would have to be hotter to thermal throttle?  Should I be looking to to lower my CPU usage or looking to turn off/modify the Windows warnings?  After the CPU WU is done should I tell it to only use my GPU?  I don't want to damage my CPU for what might be (based on points anyway) less important work.  Or is there a way to tell the client only light CPU usage while go all out (or at least stay at medium) with the GPU?  I think that last one would be my preferred solution. Thanks for your help and advice.

If it was me, I'd just run half the cpu threads (quite easy to change). CPU's are much less efficient at folding anyhow. Don't risk your shiny new CPU. IMO anything over low 70's is not the best for 24/7 operation, and ideally you'd be in the 60's most of the time.

Just now, leadeater said:

There is no way to pull a user list from the forum without administrator access or API key, nobody has either other than the forum admins.

I'd ask if you can ask them for that info but no IT guy worth their stuff would hand that over.  Short of asking them to do that I don't immediately see a way around the restrictions.  Maybe a clicker macro with pixel-specific areas to click with a key to start/stop it when you need to scroll?  That way you have some level of automation.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Leadeater for Admin :ph34r:

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

And to be honest: I think thats good as it is. Yes it was and is much work... but data security and privacy is important!

Thats not against anyone of us. BUT its good to keep this level of access to as little people as needed and as manny as needed ;)

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Ah yep interesting, every other forum I use has a public member list but not here...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Is there somewhere else I need to post to validate my identity (MikeMc10458), or was posting here enough?

I noticed that if I set my power to light, it does reduce my CPU temps to about 70, but my GPU stops completely until my PC is at idle.  Is there a way to set my GPU at medium power while keeping my CPU at light?

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Ah yep interesting, every other forum I use has a public member list but not here...

https://linustechtips.com/main/online/

Just now, Michael McChesney said:

Is there somewhere else I need to post to validate my identity (MikeMc10458), or was posting here enough?

I noticed that if I set my power to light, it does reduce my CPU temps to about 70, but my GPU stops completely until my PC is at idle.  Is there a way to set my GPU at medium power while keeping my CPU at light?

As long as you have entered in the google form and validated in in the list your all set!

Question: Not that I am aware of. Maybe you can try to reduce the thread count on the CPU slot

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

39 minutes ago, ThatExceptionThough said:

How are you cooling your CPU?

I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Air Cooler

4 minutes ago, Michael McChesney said:

You'll need to adjust the core # it is allowed to use under config > slots > CPU > edit > cpus [smaller # you want set] in the advanced control window.

1 minute ago, Michael McChesney said:

Well theres your problem 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

well Hrmm I spend my life in API's (Containerisation FTW) not a fan of any manual validation lol but infosec rules and agree this info should not be available to anyone outside of admins / owners 

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

As long as you have entered in the google form and validated in in the list your all set!

Question: Not that I am aware of. Maybe you can try to reduce the thread count on the CPU slot

Sorry to be dense.  I read through a lot of stuff, but obviously not enough or not the right stuff.  What google form?  and validated in what list?  Also, how do I set thread counts?  I suppose that last I can play around with.

2 minutes ago, Michael McChesney said:

That's not going to cut it for sustained full load on a 9900K 🧐

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Well theres your problem 

As I understand it, that thing is better than a stock cooler, but not that much better.  If that's being used on a 95w CPU the poor cooler is overworked.

2 minutes ago, Michael McChesney said:

Sorry to be dense.  I read through a lot of stuff, but obviously not enough or not the right stuff.  What google form?  and validated in what list?  Also, how do I set thread counts?  I suppose that last I can play around with.

See my reply at the end of the previous page.  No pics, but has the instructions for the CPU threads.

3 minutes ago, Michael McChesney said:

Please read the OP IN FULL!!!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Valentyn said:

God damn it! Got a juicy 169K project, and it's a damn 11758 one. Server is not accepting it, and it's degrading again in point value.

Seems they still have fixed that work servers.

im being faced with the same thing atm...says 100% but points are degrading and its not uploading...its 13850 project...ugh

sars.jpg