Linus Apple Watch Series 5 Review?

NasserAjine

Every week for the past 4-6 months now, we see Linus on videos on LinusTechTips, wearing what looks like an AW5.

Where is the review?

Linus is probably holding back putting it out, he always has some reviews ready to go and on hold. But who really knows.

Not everything they show on channel makes it as video. Linus addressed this in the recent WAN Show when talking about Shortcircuit channel. He's car review is still to come too. That about 12 months late.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Apple Watch 5 review. It's good. THE END

Also Linus has been wearing it for months so it must be pretty good for him. I just wonder if he's using iPhone then... Haven't checked if you can even pair it with Android...

Its the best smart watch on the market, but how good is good enough?

5 minutes ago, JoshHendi said:

Its the best smart watch on the market, but how good is good enough?

He got it for free I bet.

he said in a phone review, dont remember which one believe it may have been for one of the new iphones, that he will continue to wear the apple watch because of its features

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

6 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

that he will continue to wear the apple watch because of its features

He maybe getting paid to be wearing it.

He does need the money!

I'm wearing the Apple Watch as an ultimate flex and a statement on how bad Android wearables are.

I am not using my iPhone and it's not paired to anything. I just use it to tell the time and to get annoying reminders to "breathe" (do Apple users find these reminders offensive in the slightest?)

I have no relationship whatsoever with Apple and I paid full price for it.

I don't intend to review it. Just messing with y'all

5 minutes ago, greenmax said:

He maybe getting paid to be wearing it.

He does need the money!

This site has a policy of not censoring anything that doesn't breach our community guidelines, but I'm actually getting personally pretty tired of your attitude. 

You've been making a lot of assumptions about both my company and me personally that are patently false and posting them on this site. I'm not going to address each of them individually, but I will say that I expect some kind of citation for future speculation about things like the finances of my company or how I treat my staff or (on topic) what I'm being paid to do.

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

I'm wearing the Apple Watch as an ultimate flex and a statement on how bad Android wearables are.

I don't have an iPhone and it's not paired to anything. I just use it to tell the time and to get annoying reminders to "breathe" (do Apple users find these reminders offensive in the slightest?)

TBH I find all smart watches more a statement piece than anything. The smartwatch idea itself is limited to a small device on your wrist. Its function to tell time and communicate with a phone is its strong point. Which itself is silly since you can almost easily look at your phone these days (10 years ago that would be very taboo in a workplace). Currently I use my Samsung smartwatch to check messages while in meetings all day to see if its worth picking up my phone lol. 

Rarely do I see or hear people using smartwatches for more than "O I gotta answer this email" or tracking steps. Once they break that barrier they will become more common. Until that time Actual Watch people will not adapt smart watches for multiple reasons but as a "Flex" Im sure actual watches got ya beat. 

2 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

I don't have an iPhone and it's not paired to anything. I just use it to tell the time and to get annoying reminders to "breathe" (do Apple users find these reminders offensive in the slightest?)

I left breathing reminders off (you can turn off the stand reminders as well).  Always felt like an optional thing for people who need stress management rather than a must-have.

Also, please pair it with an iPhone and give it a spin!  Even if you just leave the iPhone at home and rely on WiFi or (if you want to try it) cellular.  Not necessarily for a review, but it could be eye-opening.

7 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

This site has a policy of not censoring anything that doesn't breach our community guidelines, but I'm actually getting personally pretty tired of your attitude. 

You've been making a lot of assumptions about both my company and me personally that are patently false and posting them on this site. I'm not going to address each of them individually, but I will say that I expect some kind of citation for future speculation about things like the finances of my company or how I treat my staff or (on topic) what I'm being paid to do.

giphy.gif

Details separate people.

40 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

but I will say that I expect some kind of citation for future speculation about things like the finances of my company or how I treat my staff or (on topic) what I'm being paid to do.

It's probably not a good idea for me to poke the bear, but is the plan to cite greenmax personally for continued character assaults after being warned, or is the plan to apply a unilateral rule that restricts discussion of LTT, LMG, or LGS?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

5 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

It's probably not a good idea for me to poke the bear, but is the plan to cite greenmax personally for continued character assaults after being warned, or is the plan to apply a unilateral rule that restricts discussion of LTT, LMG, or LGS?

I will answer you with this.

Linus can make whatever open statement he wishes to, as he owns this forum's rights. As to what moderation will take place will be done in the method as it is always done - between the Moderation Team and the individual being moderated, those actions will not be made open to the public.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

between the Moderation Team and the individual being moderated, those actions will not be made open to the public.

That answers my question.

Sorry for not being clear in that I was only asking if the statement was calling for a new CG rule or not.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

9 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Sorry for not being clear.

No worries.

9 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

I was only asking if the statement was calling for a new CG rule or not.

I doubt it, but it if does everyone will find out when it gets published.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

No worries.

I doubt it, but it if does everyone will find out when it gets published.

There is no plan for a new rules about being nice to me specifically. This forum is one of the places I can go to find the most un-edited, well-reasoned critique of our content. I value that and I have no intention of squashing it.

In the past after I've told individuals off for not "[being] excellent to each other" per our community standards, they've either learned to be "more excellent" or left. Hopefully we see one of those two outcomes here.

13 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

There is no plan for a new rules about being nice to me specifically. This forum is one of the places I can go to find the most un-edited, well-reasoned critique of our content. I value that and I have no intention of squashing it.

In the past after I've told individuals off for not "[being] excellent to each other" per our community standards, they've either learned to be "more excellent" or left. Hopefully we see one of those two outcomes here.

Laying down the law is part of community ownership. Honestly what you have going on here is awesome and a reason I am part of your amazing community. 

What you do, the energy you have and what little we can see into the inside of your community shows you have a good place, great employees and a good culture. Keep up the good work man. Regardless of what others say, you have always held to you word and is a reason you are trusted.

(off topic) Oh, BTW, when is Luke going to stop growing a baby beard. Pickles (me) is demanding an answer.

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

40 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

To lighten the mood alittle, I had an amazing brain wave a few minutes ago:

Just thought of a perfect nickname for Linus: Lineoceros

I hope to see that name plastered all over the place now.

In this video he explained he would continue to wear the series 5 because of the awful state of current android smartwatches at 14:33, earlier mentioning that he enjoyed the always-on display and other small improvements that apple made

3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I am not using my iPhone and it's not paired to anything. I just use it to tell the time and to get annoying reminders to "breathe" (do Apple users find these reminders offensive in the slightest?)

The first thing I did was delete breathe ?

I got a series 3 tho, don’t feel like spending more money on a 5 so I can use my watch as a compass.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Review:

Its really great, beautiful, always on display should have been there from day 1. Price went up. Something something android WearOS Sucks. If you wanna buy a smart watch buy this one. If this one costs too much and you dont really card about AOD buy a series 4 because its basically the same thing.

Source: Coming from a series 4 owner, and my experience with many series 5 owners.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

8 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I can imagine criticism and attack can be hard to discern when you're more or less the product yourself (maybe not as much in recent years, but still).

Good on you for keeping a level head to read the criticism though, a lot of creators just ignore it for sanity's sake.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20