My official goodbye :)

ttam

not to sound ignorant but do people really reply this stuff in the hardware subforums? i don't go there since there's more that enough people that know more that i and is going to be while since i can buy another piece of tech

anyways well that does seems to be a point to get annoyed if it passes to often but still doesn't seem a good reason to stop being here if you liked it at first 

Per volume it's not that bad. The issue is mostly with Gen D, OT, and threads with people asking for help. When it's there though the annoyance is amplified. Imagine the level of agitation being stepping in a puddle with socks on versus being stung on the face. 

Both are troubling and do happen, but one is much more rage inducing despite being smaller and more isolated. 

Error: 410

Per volume it's not that bad. The issue is mostly with Gen D, OT, and threads with people asking for help. When it's there though the annoyance is amplified. Imagine the level of agitation being stepping in a puddle with socks on versus being stung on the face. 

Both are troubling and do happen, but one is much more rage inducing despite being smaller and more isolated. 

giving it a think a maybe this issue can be fixed if search would work since a mod could pin a message saying "search first before asking" or making a Q&A for the most common questions and pin it for each subforum like CPU Q&A where we put all the common questions about CPU's such as the difference between APU's, brands, sockets or chipset, that could alleviate a little the problem the problem 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

giving it a think a maybe this issue can be fixed if search would work since a mod could pin a message saying "search first before asking" or making a Q&A for the most common questions and pin it for each subforum like CPU Q&A where we put all the common questions about CPU's such as the difference between APU's, brands, sockets or chipset, that could alleviate a little the problem the problem

In theory yes.

but if they don't search google and read QA's where it's already answered, i'ts doubtful they'll do it on here.

I agree with you, it's one of the reasons I'm not as active as a tried to be a few months ago, but it could have been worded a bit better as not to offend an entire group that makes up a lot of the forum. I'm 16 but your right. I don't hate anime and other memes/gifs but it when they don't belong, they just clutter up the threads.

This.

I consider it acceptable to post anime and memes on any thread as long as it is appropriate

If I'm talking to someone about using a ton of wattage (1200w+), I might use a Back to Future 1.21 Gigawattz meme because it's somewhat relevant. Or something similar. 

Just posting the "wat" meme, and absolutely nothing else when you don't understand something someone said, or they said something that doesn't make sense as it should be understood is stupid. 

That's the difference. Contextually, they should make sense. But in the "wat" example, that doesn't help the thread at all. Because the meme doesn't convey enough meaning to say "Hey, I don't understand what you mean, could you explain it better?" and is purely lazy and post farming.

I mention that specific example because I've seen it happen multiple times.

Exactly.

And how, exactly, do you propose we change it? We can't stop people from coming here and we can't prevent them from posting as they do. Our lack of interaction won't stop it. 

Off-topic has been slowly spilling over into other threads. It's one of the reasons some people consider it to be getting out of hand. 
This. LOL WM

It's fine so long as the younger generation doesn't bring with them the things that are asinine. And they are kinda doing that.

Yes, I see it every time I look around the forum and try to join in the conversation. It breaks the conversation and deters me from the thread.

This is exactly the reason I stopped being as active as I used to be. People like you just bitch and complain about the forum getting worse and don't actually try to do anything to change it. If you don't like something, try your hardest to ignore it, and if something doesn't feel appropriate, report it and move on. You don't need to dramatize it and call out a group of people. Most of the things you mentioned only happen in the off topic sub forum. I would say just ignore the off topic subforum completely and you'll get by with a happy life. I know that a month ago, I was bitching and complaining too, but now I have realized there's nothing I can do about so I deal with it. And you should, too.

The only good I can see coming out of it is that if enough people point out the problem, it forces everyone to recognize it.

But I agree that people shouldn't just bitch and complain, but should just point out the problem and look for a way to ameliorate it.

tumblr_mq4o22BNNN1rby56yo1_500.gif

Whereas I did find this funny, coming from a moderator it just makes a problem worse. Sorry if it sounds like I'm calling you out.

This thread needs to be noticed because it does bring up a problem. The forum has lost the vibe it had when I first joined. As someone earlier pointed out, the recent topics becomes saturated with a lot of off topic nonsense that many people would rather ignore, but a lot of the time around half of them are OT.

Think about people seeing the forum for the first time. They might have valuable input but after looking around, they might just leave just like some members that have been on the forum for a while.

nah u seem to mature to be the person

would rather not look just in case

I would like you to as if I am being disruptive on this forum I need to stop.

Making a quick round since a buddy said the topic blew up. Glad to see exactly what I thought of the forum has come true in such a short period of time. The lack of maturity shines through peoples posts and is a big reason as to why I can't stand the people here. You bitch, moan and complain about things and then you turn around and do the very thing you just threw a tantrum over.

I'll check messages here and there if you feel the need to contact me or have a question but no longer an active member. My guides will stay up as well.

Also Topwargamer, go fuck yourself kid.

This is exactly the reason I stopped being as active as I used to be. People like you just bitch and complain about the forum getting worse and don't actually try to do anything to change it. If you don't like something, try your hardest to ignore it, and if something doesn't feel appropriate, report it and move on. You don't need to dramatize it and call out a group of people. Most of the things you mentioned only happen in the off topic sub forum. I would say just ignore the off topic subforum completely and you'll get by with a happy life. I know that a month ago, I was bitching and complaining too, but now I have realized there's nothing I can do about so I deal with it. And you should, too.

You are one of the kids I hate most of this forum.  Just going to leave it at that.

Gold Contributor, Folding@Home Member, 1800 posts?

I can't see the correlation here.

Meh. I threw less than an hours worth of pay at the forum. I contriuted to the forum thinking it would keep a semi-professional tone but quickly learned it was overrun by snot-nose kids who think they know everything.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

;-;

you will be missed 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Making a quick round since a buddy said the topic blew up. Glad to see exactly what I thought of the forum has come true in such a short period of time. The lack of maturity shines through peoples posts and is a big reason as to why I can't stand the people here. You bitch, moan and complain about things and then you turn around and do the very thing you just threw a tantrum over.

Also Topwargamer, go fuck yourself kid.

You are one of the kids I hate most of this forum. Just going to leave it at that.

Meh. I threw less than an hours worth of pay at the forum.

alright. So you are clearly the shining beam of an ideal person on this forum when you are

1. disrespecting other members

2. YOU are being hypocritical by bitching and complaining about the forum even though YOU are now BITCHING about the bitching. WHAT?!

3. Immature with the way you respond to people

I understand you want to leave but these threads are useless and are just a way for you to be all dramatic about nothing.

If you can't click on something or tolerate what someone else says (clearly you haven't been on the internet long enough) then you should leave, I don't think you are suited to be a part of this community if this is the way you act on your way out.

alright. So you are clearly the shining beam of an ideal person on this forum when you are

1. disrespecting other members

2. YOU are being hypocritical by bitching and complaining about the forum even though YOU are now BITCHING about the bitching. WHAT?!

3. Immature with the way you respond to people

I understand you want to leave but these threads are useless and are just a way for you to be all dramatic about nothing.

If you can't click on something or tolerate what someone else says (clearly you haven't been on the internet long enough) then you should leave, I don't think you are suited to be a part of this community if this is the way you act on your way out.

It's my birthday. I've had a wee bit to drink and I just can't stand people.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

useless topic is useless 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I just want to point out to everyone that change is just something that happens and is always, always good. Inevitably. In some way.

However, I also want to point out that it isn't just the forum that has changed. Linus' videos have changed as well. Quite a bit in fact. And I'm not sure if the two things are related, but they could be. 

If you are wondering how they've changed, look at this video. Then look at this one. Notice the difference?

In one, it isn't very professional. On varying levels. However, it involves me in varying ways.  In the other, it is professional. Everything is thrown at you quickly and concisely. But it doesn't involve me, the viewer beyond the fact I'm a consumer looking to buy a product.

This has pros and cons. For one, companies take LMG more seriously, but for the other, he has lost the vibe he had in the beginning. Originally, his videos felt like I was discovering the product with him. And that's what I enjoyed. His goofy (in a good way) attitude about telling us about a product. Having several cuts in a single video because he had to pause to figure something out.

Now, with the professionalism, it feels like I'm just watching a video that is spewing information at me. In other words, it feels like I'm watching a commercial. And a boring one at that (there are exceptions, like the actual commercials, which are awesome). 

I'm sorry if that makes anyone at LMG feel bad, but I can only tell you the truth. I originally watched all the videos because I enjoyed them as media. Now I only watch what is relevant to me, such as if I am considering buying X product. Because to me, now, that's all the videos are good for.

And I say it that way because I sincerely believe you can be professional and still involve me such that I am entertained as I was. Or do some of both. But you haven't been, so I don't watch the WAN show, and I don't watch any other content you make. Because what I enjoyed about it is gone. And I entirely believe it's LMG's push to be professional that did it. 

That's just my take on "what has changed". Others might feel differently, but this is my perspective on it. I'm not holding it against anyone. But I feel it should be known. Maybe others feel the way I do about things. Maybe they don't.

LinusTech Slick

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Does threads like this one happens a lot in this forum? I'm new here, it seems like a bunch of trouble is going on here.

Does threads like this one happens a lot in this forum? I'm new here, it seems like a bunch of trouble is going on here.

na hes just drunk he will be back to his normal in a day or so 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Time to create a drama forum...

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

What you dont like anime? How bout furry

post-5552-0-65581600-1392009309_thumb.jp

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Seldom at best.

not really a dramatic community, but these threads pop up maybe once a month and typically blow over <2 pages. 

I pretty much cant stand anime myself.....However, I started watching this one anime with humans fighting these huge zombie giants that are attacking these settlements or something? Anyone know what the hell Im talking about? 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I pretty much cant stand anime myself.....However, I started watching this one anime with humans fighting these huge zombie giants that are attacking these settlements or something? Anyone know what the hell Im talking about? 

uh, you're probably talking about Attack on Titan. 

Although, there aren't any zombies in there, so I can only imagine you're not very far into it. 

uh, you're probably talking about Attack on Titan. 

Although, there aren't any zombies in there, so I can only imagine you're not very far into it. 

Yes! That was awesome. lol yea I watched like one or two episodes..I wanted to watch more but I forgot what it was called. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Well bye. This attitude isn't a good thing for the forum. Without the younger generations wanting to be into tech, the industry will go nowhere. 

I think he was talking about the shitpost absolutely no-way in hell questions that some people ask. When they have like 2 post count and a troll avatar picture, whilst speaking broken english and when someone asks them to reword it nicely, all the sudden they speak perfect english when they respond "WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY ENGLISH, YOU GUYS ARE SO RUDE I'LL FIND A NEW FORUM TO ASK MY QUESTION"  Even though they're question is like.. "how many potatoes does it take to make a CPU" -.-

@TheDoubleYGamer hi :^)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think he was talking about the shitpost absolutely no-way in hell questions that some people ask. When they have like 2 post count and a troll avatar picture, whilst speaking broken english and when someone asks them to reword it nicely, all the sudden they speak perfect english when they respond "WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY ENGLISH, YOU GUYS ARE SO RUDE I'LL FIND A NEW FORUM TO ASK MY QUESTION"  Even though they're question is like.. "how many potatoes does it take to make a CPU" -.-

@TheDoubleYGamer hi :^)

Hey beautiful ;) if only mobile could get TeamSpeak. Then we could talk all night long

Hey beautiful ;) if only mobile could get TeamSpeak. Then we could talk all night long

xo

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It sounds like you haven't watched enough of the right anime. The amount of variety makes it hard not to be able to satisfy just about anyone with the correct show. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.