My official goodbye :)

ttam

You guys all win 1 internet.

yus

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

ya i feel ya bud sometimes

Sometimes I want to punch people on here through my touchpad, other times I want to hug them through it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This.

I consider it acceptable to post anime and memes on any thread as long as it is appropriate

If I'm talking to someone about using a ton of wattage (1200w+), I might use a Back to Future 1.21 Gigawattz meme because it's somewhat relevant. Or something similar. 

Just posting the "wat" meme, and absolutely nothing else when you don't understand something someone said, or they said something that doesn't make sense as it should be understood is stupid. 

That's the difference. Contextually, they should make sense. But in the "wat" example, that doesn't help the thread at all. Because the meme doesn't convey enough meaning to say "Hey, I don't understand what you mean, could you explain it better?" and is purely lazy and post farming.

I mention that specific example because I've seen it happen multiple times.

I feel a bit guilty but I like to think I use them tastefully and in situations where it's appropriate since I'm usually good at resisting spamming

I do hate that GD is more like a survey, social, and stories board. 

it's kind of like off topic is anything from the random button on wikipedia and GD is like the 'technology related' off topic. 

Error: 410

Ahh yes every forum has these drama threads about leaving, just don't log back in   instead of making a thread about it.

Just to let you know I am 14 and don't participate in those topics.

someone with the same pic as u makes me want to virtually cut myself. not sure if it is exactly u or not

someone with the same pic as u makes me want to virtually cut myself. not sure if it is exactly u or not

I don't think it is me but I will change it none the less.

the "help" some people give is just..... makes me lose faith in the world

YA GUTTA PLUG DA EEUUU ESSS BEEE CONNECTER IN DA EEUUU ESSS BEEE PURT FER IT TA WERK

This is the kinda "help" I see sometimes.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

YA GUTTA PLUG DA EEUUU ESSS BEEE CONNECTER IN DA EEUUU ESSS BEEE PURT FER IT TA WERK

well to be honest sometimes that kind of answer is warranted based on some of the questions I've seen

this from the guy summoned to help 

Error: 410

I haven't seen a lot of him, but the posts I have seen are usually nice and helpful, he definitely seemed like a good guy to me.

I don't like anime, but I can just ignore it and scroll right past, not really that big of a deal.

It can be irritating, but what is worse are threads like this, talking about how bad the forum has become and how everything is different now. Think of it from the perspective of a new member, they come here read threads like this and just don't bother coming back.

In the future can anyone who wants to leave, just leave? Sending out a couple of PMs is alright, but publicly broadcasting these kind of things is just damaging to the forums.

I don't think it is me but I will change it none the less.

oh its not the pic itself just their stupid comments that one person makes

well to be honest sometimes that kind of answer is warranted based on some of the questions I've seen

this from the guy summoned to help 

That is true... Some of the questions asked are pretty retarded, and anyone with an IQ above 0 would know the answer.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

no its the WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER WANNA DO THAT UR SOOOO DUMB

um. people have preferences

THIS IS SOOOOO MUCH CHEAPER

maybe i would rather that component not melt and start a fire, i like the home i live in and rather it not turn to ashes

no its the WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER WANNA DO THAT UR SOOOO DUMB

um. people have preferences

THIS IS SOOOOO MUCH CHEAPER

maybe i would rather that component not melt and start a fire, i like the home i live in and rather it not turn to ashes

Exactly.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

oh its not the pic itself just their stupid comments that one person makes

Oh. look at my recent posts and see if it is me. If it is I will figure out what is wrong and change it.

*edit* I ended up changing it anyway to a photo I took a few days ago.

Exactly.

oh and ive got another

*watches linus video on "product A"*

omg is this good?

*other people who watched it*

yes u should/shouldnt (based on the linus video)

its like they make a thread with a question thats answered before they even have the question

Oh. look at my recent posts and see if it is me. If it is I will figure out what is wrong and change it.

nah u seem to mature to be the person

would rather not look just in case

I haven't seen a lot of him, but the posts I have seen are usually nice and helpful, he definitely seemed like a good guy to me.

I don't like anime, but I can just ignore it and scroll right past, not really that big of a deal.

It can be irritating, but what is worse are threads like this, talking about how bad the forum has become and how everything is different now. Think of it from the perspective of a new member, they come here read threads like this and just don't bother coming back.

In the future can anyone who wants to leave, just leave? Sending out a couple of PMs is alright, but publicly broadcasting these kind of things is just damaging to the forums.

I disagree. Sometimes a light has to be shined on the problem for it to be fixed. Threads like this do that.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

>_> I love anime, do my posts really seem immature in the way people that like anime are depicted?

Stereotypes need to be stamped out BEFORE prejudice begins, leave it too long and we end up with something like all black people liking chicken :/ .

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

TL;DR - Forum vibe has gone down the toilet. The 16 and under kids completely ruin the forum. Your anime crap is stupid. Leave what you see on Reddit, on freaking Reddit. Take 60 seconds out of your time and Google your damn question, you see a lot there. This is (was) a tech forum so leave shit you see on your anime,game,manga,hentai forums where they started, not there. Stop posting useless shit on threads you have no idea wtf you are talking about.

Anyways. Cya people.

Couldnt agree more. The fanboyism, immaturity and shitposting really deter me from being more active here.  When I see stupid posts like "Ask a X anything" I ignore them but its definitely discouraging. Like you I attribute this garbage and immaturity to the younger crowd on the forums, and frankly these forums are dominated by that demographic likely due to time/work constraints once you get older.  At the end of the day what can you do.  There are still kind and knowledgable people on this forum, regardless of age, and I suppose thats what keeps me around. I dont see any way to moderate or filter the bad from the good here; its up to the community as a whole to dictate the demeanour of these forums.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

>_> I love anime, do my posts really seem immature in the way people that like anime are depicted?

Stereotypes need to be stamped out BEFORE prejudice begins, leave it too long and we end up with something like all black people liking chicken :/ .

i have no issue with anime stuff being posted. its not even close to the dumbest shit ive seen on this forum when trying to help people

oh and ive got another

*watches linus video on "product A"*

omg is this good?

*other people who watched it*

yes u should/shouldnt (based on the linus video)

its like they make a thread with a question thats answered before they even have the question

not to sound ignorant but do people really reply this stuff in the hardware subforums? i don't go there since there's more that enough people that know more that i and is going to be while since i can buy another piece of tech

anyways well that does seems to be a point to get annoyed if it passes to often but still doesn't seem a good reason to stop being here if you liked it at first 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here