Smart Phone, Smart Watch, Smart Fish, now Smart Glove!

Quantic Nanotech Begins Pre-Launch Pilot Trial Tests of First Ever Wearable Osteoarthritis Glove

Source: https://www.wearable-technologies.com/2019/10/quantic-nanotech-begins-pre-launch-pilot-trial-tests-of-first-ever-wearable-osteoarthritis-glove/

Osteoarthritis, or degenerative joint disease, is the most common joint disorder. It is a frequent, if not inevitable part of ageing and is an important cause of physical  disability in individuals over the age of 65. The fundamental feature of osteoarthritis is degeneration of the articular cartilage; any structural changes in the underlying bone are secondary. Although the term osteoarthritis implies an inflammatory disease, and inflammatory cells can be present, osteoarthritis is primarily a degenerative disorder of articular cartilage. 

Quantic Nanotech, a product division of Spanish DEMAC S.A. group, announced that it is starting free treatment sign-up registration for a new medical pre-launch pilot trial of its osteoarthritis treatment glove for patients in selected hospitals in Madrid. The company launched the home wearable osteoarthritis glove, dubbed “Qnano Glove,” at CES 2019 in Las Vegas.

You can tell its really free because its not US healthcare. 

“This device attracted our attention because it allows home application in the affected hand of different therapies of evidence-based proven clinical efficacy, during rest or at night,” said Dr. Luis F. Villa, M.D., Rheumatology consultant at University Hospital Puerta de Hierro Majadahonda in Madrid.

“The treatment of hand osteoarthritis is cumbersome and resource consuming, relying on physical assisted therapy and topical and oral medications. We are interested in the results of the pilot studies, since a home-based device for multimodal physical therapy could make it easier and cheaper for the treatment of patients with this frequent condition.”

Well I wonder this glove can do that Tylenol can't. 

The smart glove integrates new technologies like shape memory alloys (SMA) and state-of-the-art materials for applications such as dry heat therapy, vibration, massage as well as stretching and extension of the fingers both active and passively. The glove can also be used to administer topical medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), liniments and neuromodulators, Quantich Nanotech said in a press release.

Great news.

1 minute ago, Murasaki said:

Now you're playing with power!

Remember the first bad joke on a news post gets all the rep

Sweet, seems like a nice advancement and hopefully it can help move treatment of this into the homes to clear way for other treatments that need to be at the hospital

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Tedny said:

pass, looks stupid 

you can't pass on osteoarthritis 

aaah i accidentally pressed submit

interesting. from what i understand this basically puts a bunch of pain relieving things and stuff into 1 place

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Hopefully biologist can find better ways to harvest stem cells to replace failing joints so old people will never need to wear this silly glove.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 10/12/2019 at 2:03 PM, Tedny said:

pass, looks stupid 

It's not supposed to look cool. It's supposed to function and help people that have a medical disorder. Although yeah they probably could have used an artist or two when developing that.

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

inb4 smart full-body spandex

on the other hand, a S.M.A.R.T.-like system for human bodies... ?

We kinda already have that with smart watches. They monitor heartrate, heart rhythm, sleep, surrounding noises, detect falls etc.

I thought this was going to be another laughable Kickstarter-style project advertising a smart, cloud based system marketed at people in their 20s and 30s promising to make them healthier through monitoring their hand motions, a la those smart water bottles that just tell you to drink more water. 

I'm almost disappointed that it's an actual medical device with merit. 

7 hours ago, Tedny said:

still don't want it 

Come back in 60 years.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|