RAZER: anyone NOT having issues with their products?

I often read stuff about Razer products being junk that doesn't last a year, things like that.

Is there also positive stories about people having no issues at all?

I had a Razer mouse pad, it lasted less than 6 months before disintegrating.

But well, people who have a bad experience will often be the most vocals about it. If you don't have any issues, you won't really be going out of your way to leave positive feedback. Hence why you might think there's more people with issues than not.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

EVERY razer product has failed on me within 6 months.. mice, keyboards, headphones.....i just had nothing but bad luck with them

32 minutes ago, 7412 said:

My Razer Ripsaw and Seiren still work.

Sure, Razer just rebranded products made by other companies for those two. But they've worked for 2 years.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I had a BlackWidow that worked pretty well, and a Deathadder 2013 that I gave to my little brothers I know is still kicking it strong. I also had a Deathstalker that still works, but it had this issue where the S key would stick, so I took a small blade and made the opening to the key a bit wider and fixed it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I have 2, one of their headphones and an old blackwidow (to give you an idea how old the blackwidow is, it has a blue lit razer logo, not green)

The headphones, while sounding good are very desintegrated right now. The leather is coming loose everywhere.

Still works tho and for the price, the sound is great, but not really comfortable either.

The blackwidow, still going strong! That said I'm not buying razer crap again. I've tried one of their razer switch keyboards a few years ago and they felt insanely cheap, like it felt like they spend money making it feel bad.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I have the...

Electra
Blackwidow tournament edition 2014

Ornata Chroma

Deathadder Elite

Cynosa 

everything is still working great. no problems whatsoever. 

the only one that died on me was a Deathadder 2013 , but it lasted me for like 2 years. 

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

1 hour ago, 7412 said:

I often read stuff about Razer products being junk that doesn't last a year, things like that.

My blackwidow keyboard has been solid since 2013. But that was just before they switched to their own switches, mine still uses Cherry MX Blues. Both my Death adder mouse and headset lasted years before giving up the ghost. Of course they were all purchased back in 2013. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I got a Razer headset from a friend, he bought it back in like 2013 or so.

Still working normally for me.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

ive got a blackwidow keyboard thats a fucking brick. i could probably kill somebody with it, and itll still work.

and my ourobouros mouse ive had for a few years is still perfect.  although i lost the wireless dongle, so its been wired the entire time ive had it. but its taken a good amount of abuse

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

My Razer Naga 2014 is still working after 5 years and I don't plan on replacing it anytime soon.

I purchased the Blade Stealth 13. It has minor issues like slight coil whine when charging but no major flaw or "dealbreaker" so far.

I have a Blade 14 (2016??) with a 6700HQ, and 970m. Other than being loud it has ran great, and never crashed or overheated since I bought it REFURBISHED even about 2 years ago.

Then I also have a Blade Stealth 2017 that I bought about 6 months or so ago from a guy on craigslist for $400. Other than the A key not always pressing on the first time, I've had no problems with it.

Also had a Razer Blackwidow with the old cherry MX blue switches in it back in college and that was always a great keyboard, just started to hate the sound of blues after a while.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Keyboard works fine

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Ornata Chroma and Deathadder 2013 (Lefty) both working flawlessly.

Basalik and Lancehead both also worked flawlessly when I had them, though the ergonomics weren't great for my hand.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I have 3 Razer mice, 2 Razer keyboards, and a side keypad, never had a problem.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Razer Lachesis mouse, started to die at 22 months, got a new one, lasted over 2 more years - I'd have bought 10 if I knew they were going out of production

Mamba TE -dodgy laser sensor, acts odd every now and again in games (just gets you killed 3 or 4 times a week) replaced a couple of weeks ago with the optical  sensor model and worked fine.

Keyboard - don't get me started, totally crap razer green switches, keycaps regularly snap off a teeny 1,,x2mm bit of plastic so become unstable/fall off if you don't hit them square, had to resort to spamming twitter/FB/ and a threat of Court Action to get a new left shift sent out after every spare keycap I had died in that position - no reinforcement on keys/caps so any off centre pressure just pops a little bit of the keycap 'cross' off and keycap is unusable. Replaced with a Corsair K95 Platinum and I'm happy now.

My Razer Naga mouse and  keyboard from 2014 are still going strong. I really only use the keyboard for typing as the lower profle membrane lets me just bang out words fast enough and with little noise so I can focus on listening to a mix and I like my Naga for the macro keys, but I'll probably go Logitech for my next mouse.

I dunno, maybe their quality went down when their RGB went up.When they just stuck to one color per product things seemed to be better.

乇乂丅尺卂 丅卄工匚匚

made a post in 2015, saying that my razer deathadder mouse has served me well for my 2 years of use. So as to date it is 6 years old, and has had its fair share of abuse, having dropped it multiple times, been slammed around by a toddler etc. Currently still is the best gaming mouse ive ever used and were it to break id fork out for another of the same. Never used any of their other products but theres my two cents

I just retired my old deathadder and blackwidow keyboard.  They lasted 7yrs without issue.

I picked up the new blackwidow keyboard and it seems fine so far, only about 5 months in.

The orbweaver game pad has been great as well. 

If another company made a game pad similar to the Orbweaver I might look at switching but until then I'll keep mine.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Razer Goliathus was pretty ok. Then again it's a mouse mat and very little can go wrong with it :P

19 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Razer Goliathus was pretty ok. Then again it's a mouse mat and very little can go wrong with it :P

If they can screw up a mouse pad....XD

My Razer Naga was one of my first gaming mice, lasted a good long while before i handed it to my friend.

Razer Kraken headphones didn't exactly sound very good, but did their job and lasted 3 years even when i bring them everywhere using them as regular headphones.

Using a Razer phone now. Crackling and softer audio on one speaker which I couldn't really be arsed to go through the RMA process for, but otherwise pretty ok. When the speakers do work though, they are some of the best i have heard on a phone.

21 minutes ago, vogelspinnen said:

If they can screw up a mouse pad....XD

Though I remember the first one I had was fraying on the stitched edge... I stopped it by using a small drop of instant glue. The second one I had was fine.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but I think I remember Linus saying in a recent WAN show that they were going to do a video on switching away from Razer because of how short they last. Hopefully this is true as I'm very interested to hear what he has to say about it, seeing as he's been daily-ing a Razer laptop for the past few years.

I've do love how they look and feel, kinda like a Macbook Pro. But those fail just as often too. They both share a very similar shit design in the cooling department. They both seem to cut corners to save costs. For the longest time the only thing stopping me from buying a Razer laptop was the lack of money in my pocket. But now that the vocal minority seems to be a majority, I'm going to pass on it.

Razer Products are complete trash. The 120 dollar Razer keyboard I bought started changing colors when I did not want it to. The headpiece with the headrest to my headphones broke off so now I am using them with the hard plastic resting on my head. All in All, my Mouse/Keyboard/Headset all had major issues within the first 4 months. I remember years ago when I had a Razer Naga Molten, that lasted for years. Razer certainly isn't the same company that they used to be back in the day.