Rockstar Games launcher Now Required

Crab Puncher
11 minutes ago, melete said:

So every game publisher should be forced to put all their games on every storefront and launcher? And every storefront and launcher should be forced to comply with that? Who would enforce such a thing?

Did I say that?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Did I say that?

How else do you get every game on every launcher?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

6 minutes ago, melete said:

How else do you get every game on every launcher?

I didn't say we had to have every game on every launcher. They are walled gardens though. In an ideal world you'd be able to buy from any seller. In many ways things were better before launchers existed.

For the user, this just adds more hassle and risk without any benefit. It's understandable that people are annoyed.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I don't mind this, unless they shove ads up in your ass while you playing game like Epic Store did. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

What is this launcher? I mean, does it want to start with your PC? Does it have to start with your PC? How much resources does it take? Do you have to input your data? How much data?

Personally I hate launchers.

I take it next GTAVI will be on RGL only hm. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Looks like I wont be getting RDR2 after all. They stabbed the PC market by releasing only on consoles. Now they rub in salt by forcing us onto their barren launcher.

They gotta keep Piracy alive somehow don't they? lol

But yeah truth is I have long lost my excitement to play RDR2 I also only have my PC and I loved original game but R* doesn't care to PC gaming so why should I care about them... Also saw this video that really made me think twice on how "great open world" the game is... meh guess I'm better off waiting for Cyberpunk 77.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

19 hours ago, desertcomputer said:

Pretty sure it got fixed a while back, I was playing it a few month ago and it was fine.

Well then it was very broken for a long time. I think it was also tied in with GFWL.

16 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Now imagine how secure their launcher is with your data.  Not that you even need that anecdote to scare the hell out of you where take2 is concerned.

Guess PC gamers need 2 PC from here on out.  1 for work and study, and an other to acts as a front to attract all the game dev studios malware to launch games.

Yeah, but it won't matter if you're on the same network anyways. Anything sensitive on your PC should be password protected, and anything more sensitive should be on a PC not connected to the internet. Although some bugs can read key presses and store them or send them back. MS does it by default in Win10.

15 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

I need a launcher for all my launchers with how many desktop and task bar items I'm going to have...

GOG Galaxy 2.0. At least, whenever they actually finish handing out invites. I've been waiting 4 months and counting, and so are a bunch of others.

#Muricaparrotgang

4 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

They gotta keep Piracy alive somehow don't they? lol

But yeah truth is I have long lost my excitement to play RDR2 I also only have my PC and I loved original game but R* doesn't care to PC gaming so why should I care about them... Also saw this video that really made me think twice on how "great open world" the game is... meh guess I'm better off waiting for Cyberpunk 77.

I haven't played it, but I have seen some critiques of it... Hahaha, including that one in particular.

This one came out years prior talking about GTA4 and the exact same thing. Rockstars game world and story very often contradict each other in ways that make no sense and you have no freedom.

#Muricaparrotgang

This is nothing new. The RGL is just a rework of Social Club, which was ALWAYS required for GTAV. Same with Max Payne 3 and GTA4 in fact. Big difference now is that it is a dedicated launcher for everything and not a game-by-game basis. I'd imagine its still just as garbage as Social Club has always been.

21 hours ago, Levent said:

EDIT: You get free GTASA if you install the launcher.

After 5 years on the Steam Store, it was time to come home. 

Note that the free SA has a lot of songs removed. There's a downgrader for the other versions.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 9/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, JZStudios said:

I like that it's Rockstar game launcher, and not even Take Two. What a wholly unnecessary thing. Don't they only have like 3 PC games? And isn't GTA4 like, super broken?

To retort, who actually cared about or liked GTA4?

I mean, I agree with the sentiment that this is not only unnecessary, but unwelcome, but still, who cared about GTA4?

It was crap.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Hey cousin, let's go bowling!

IV had its charms.  In a lot of ways it was actually better than V.  NPC reactions to you, how they react to injuries in combat (melee as well as gunfights), physics (flying through the windshield, ragdoll when jumping out of a speeding car etc).   You know, the small details. 

Sadly, those details do matter a lot.  Going from IV to V, you really notice that they cut some serious corners in V. 

After my experiences with GTAV on PC i won't be buying another Rockstar game on that format.  Making me have an another launcher in addition to the fact that Steam often won't let you launch the game if you don't have an internet connection?  Fuck them.  I go off grid a lot so i need to download things and then have the ability to play them for long periods of time with no internet, i downloaded Red Dead 2 to my PS4 Pro and then cut my consoles access to the net and haven't updated since.  I'll just get future Rockstar games on my PS5 i guess and if they try to pull the always online bullshit i'll just start pirating. 

I don't like pirating as a general rule but when corporations behave like assholes i like to respond in kind. 

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

IV had its charms.  In a lot of ways it was actually better than V.  NPC reactions to you, how they react to injuries in combat (melee as well as gunfights), physics (flying through the windshield, ragdoll when jumping out of a speeding car etc).   You know, the small details. 

Sadly, those details do matter a lot.  Going from IV to V, you really notice that they cut some serious corners in V. 

No Rome Awn, let's go to a titty club and cry about the people I killed.

But otherwise I agree. Crowbcat has a good video on the stripped details and mechanics. The story was dog shit and only consisted of frustrating Rockstar mission design though, but so does every other game they've made.

The online aspect of 4 when I played it on ps3 was way more laid back and less filled with pre-pubescents chasing you with hacks and killing you relentlessly. I actually had a lot of fun in the online in 4 just meeting up with random people and doing whatever as a group. Usually anyone who stirred up too much shit got kicked, or the guys who wanted to kept it contained to those "actively" involved. GTAV online is pure garbage.

1 hour ago, Newenthusiast said:

After my experiences with GTAV on PC i won't be buying another Rockstar game on that format.  Making me have an another launcher in addition to the fact that Steam often won't let you launch the game if you don't have an internet connection?  Fuck them.  I go off grid a lot so i need to download things and then have the ability to play them for long periods of time with no internet, i downloaded Red Dead 2 to my PS4 Pro and then cut my consoles access to the net and haven't updated since.  I'll just get future Rockstar games on my PS5 i guess and if they try to pull the always online bullshit i'll just start pirating. 

I don't like pirating as a general rule but when corporations behave like assholes i like to respond in kind. 

Pirating won't help if it still requires an always online connection.

#Muricaparrotgang

22 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

I have steam and battle net and it's already too many

Wouldn't Windows itself count as a launcher? You pretty much launch everything from it, correct?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I dont mind the launcher, I do mind the still unupdated not even tried to change GTA SA you get with it. Would be nice to be able to run this game in 21:9 but you need to downgrade to 1.0, all the links to downgraders are dead, 60fps is still the limit and more.

I dont care about the launcher, I havent used steam in months so I'll just load my games wherever they are that doesnt bother me. The interesting part though is why would they do this out of the blue? Are they planning to release RDR2 on pc at last or are we getting a new rockstar game announced soon? I'd put money on this not being done just for GTA V, they're laying foundations for something bigger

On 9/18/2019 at 4:09 AM, rcmaehl said:

I need a launcher for all my launchers with how many desktop and task bar items I'm going to have...

Isn't that what an Operating System is..? ;) 

Sounds like free real estate to me. 

On 9/18/2019 at 9:03 PM, Captain Chaos said:

I noticed none of that, although there was a significant time gap between me playing IV and V.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

stopped playing R* games when they shown their true colours with the introduction of shark cards. Never looked back ever since

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 9/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, Trik'Stari said:

I mean, I agree with the sentiment that this is not only unnecessary, but unwelcome, but still, who cared about GTA4?

It was crap.

I actually forgot about GTA IV. Best GTA for me is SA and V. Maybe I'm a little young for III and Vice City, but I hear they are good. SA is definitely the best. 

Wonder if this has anything to do with red dead redemption 2 coming to pc. They know a bunch of us want it, if they sell it on their own launcher steam won’t get a cut of it.

I don’t know what steam charges these companies to sell their games but I’m sure rockstar loses a lot of money to steam with how many copies get sold and this is the way to cut that out and have way more profit. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Doesn't bother me. 

Having to click another button to launch a game? Ya'll just like something to bitch about. 

But yes, as others have said, I would guess this is a move to not put RDR2 on Steam. 

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong.