What is something that hasn't been invented yet but should??

What is one thing that you wish had been invented to make your life easier but hasn't yet at this point in time??

A form of fuel that allows humanity to colonise the galaxy, and also let's me become a space bounty hunter.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Half-Life 3 to fight my depression

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I see what you're playing at here @Ethan Cahill! You just want to steal our ideas to patent them and make a profit aren't you!? 

qlhctgS.jpg

Durable shoes that are actually made for walking long distance without breaking apart within 3 months of use(with over 6 hours of walking/running each day).... and don't cost thousand of dollars.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

its not about inventing for me but about adopting. adoption rate of new tech is so fuckin slow. and eveery company wants to do it themselves so theres all this propriatary shit. i want a singular cable standard. for everything. and daisy chaining. for all the things. so i can have maybe one hub / distribution bar under the table and then one cable connecting the monitor and then 1 cable connecting the pc to it and thats it and then 1 cable connecting the router to it. and its all the same tandard cable type. i dont even care what type.

also if were talking general inventions then id say a pill called pure health that cures all illnesses and even going as far as to bring your body fat down to acceptable levels and correcting eye sight and possible cancer. 

a voting system where the whole population of a country can vote on every single decision together instead of bitching about what the politicians are doing wrong. even if the result would only be used as a general guideline to influence the politians decision. 

some form of clean energy. 

mass effect like space stations to travel the cosmos.

what else?...i guess that all for now.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Battery that lasts a week/month, A way to travel faster than the current methods. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

commercially viable fusion power

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

14 hours ago, Curious Pineapple said:

A gun that erases whatever it is fired at from history.

what happens if I erase things with it and then shoot my gun with another version of the gun?

1 hour ago, zassou said:

commercially viable fusion power

Or very cheap to run home generators that don't fuck the environment.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, Habonch said:

what happens if I erase things with it and then shoot my gun with another version of the gun?

What happens if you shoot the inventor of the gun and the gun disappears from history?  Did that already happen?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

40 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Or very cheap to run home generators that don't fuck the environment.

im interested in wood gas. basically dry distillate wood and other stuff to produce flammable gas to power modified petro engines. since wood absorbs co2 when it grows, it's carbon neutral.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

1 hour ago, zassou said:

im interested in wood gas. basically dry distillate wood and other stuff to produce flammable gas to power modified petro engines. since wood absorbs co2 when it grows, it's carbon neutral.

It's very interesting tech, and very old.  I haven't really looked into it much, But I imagine it would use a fair bit of wood for the same power out as the energy density of natural wood is lower. 

I want to buy a house on a natural flowing stream of water.  I have seen some very efficient (and cheap to setup) hydro systems that power the average house all year round costing peanuts in maintenance.

weight loss pill so I can eat what I want and not be obese. 

An internet company that shows restraint and respect for peoples privacy and doesn't harvest every scrap of data they can get their hands on.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

6 hours ago, mr moose said:

It's very interesting tech, and very old.  I haven't really looked into it much, But I imagine it would use a fair bit of wood for the same power out as the energy density of natural wood is lower. 

I want to buy a house on a natural flowing stream of water.  I have seen some very efficient (and cheap to setup) hydro systems that power the average house all year round costing peanuts in maintenance.

I have the same plan, I've even designed my own house... it will have solar panels on the roof, a ground source heat pump (powered by solar and battery backup) to heat the underfloor heating.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

On 7/29/2019 at 11:23 AM, Ethan Cahill said:

What is one thing that you wish had been invented to make your life easier but hasn't yet at this point in time??

A ship that can do the Kessel run in under 9 parsecs 

7 hours ago, -Kriss- said:

You can eat what you want and not be obese, just in smaller quanteties.

how can you eat Tim Tams in smaller quantities? it is impossible. 

action combat mmo that has good servers, isnt p2w, and has good class balance

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

action combat mmo that has good servers, isnt p2w, and has good class balance

I suggest trying crossout.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Just now, will4623 said:

I suggest trying crossout.

i like fantasy mmos im not too into vehicles