Give me ONE reason NOT to upgrade - Logitech G502 Lightspeed Review

JonoT

The Logitech G502 is maybe the best, most popular gaming mouse ever, but that doesn’t mean there’s no room for improvement. The G502 Lightspeed is the new wireless version with the HERO sensor, but can it compete with the DeathAdder, Finalmouse, or even Logi’s own G Pro Wireless?

Buy Logitech G502 Lightspeed:
On Amazon: https://geni.us/fntx
On Newegg: https://geni.us/nvRXSiG

12 minutes ago, JonoT said:

Give me ONE reason NOT to upgrade

I already have a G502 and I'm broke. So no need to get the wireless version.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

@LinusTech Next time you do a wireless mouse review unsync from the computer behind you.

Go little mouse go and be free all over the desktop ?

Having already owned and still use a G502 Proteus Spectrum as a side piece to my G305 Lightspeed, I can't see myself spending £150 on the wireless version, especially since I would still need to buy a PowerPlay mat.

Fantastic looking and performing mouse aided by the HERO sensor and free from the clutches of a cable nonetheless.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

It's a horribly ugly mouse?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

12 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

It's a horribly ugly mouse?

Also, a $150 USD mouse. Which seems outrageous.

Mine is being delivered today.  I already have a Pro Wireless, so might as well try out the "other" new lightspeed mouse.

Fun fact though, the light-speed creates audible interference with my amp if it's on the same plane as the mouse is.  I can hear the mouse moving.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I actually like a heavy mouse, so its a little subjective to say a heavy mouse is bad.
I'd really like linus to compare this mouse to a mouse I got a few months ago, the Logitech MX Master 2S

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071YZJ1G1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its also a wireless logitech mouse but half the price. Do the gaming features really make much difference?

I already own a G502. No way in hell I'm upgrading... just to get it wirelessly. Not to mention, I don't think I'm lucky with wireless devices. Every single one I've owned(from logitech and many others), either stopped working after a while or wouldn't register a key release so it would be like it was forever clicking..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

it is funny i still own a dell mouse form some old laptop  i think it is i only do light game aka doint have to make quicker change 

7 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Mine is being delivered today.  I already have a Pro Wireless, so might as well try out the "other" new lightspeed mouse.

Fun fact though, the light-speed creates audible interference with my amp if it's on the same plane as the mouse is.  I can hear the mouse moving.

My g502 lightspeed doesn't show up in logitech's g-suite software.  I tried their "troubleshooting" step of uninstalling and reinstalling it and rebooting and such.  Oh well, going back to Amazon.  Better luck next time Logitech, make sure your software supports the hardware at launch.

The feet also feel a lot grittier than the Pro Wireless on a hard mat.  It's also a lot heavier.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I upgraded from a g502 spectrum to the g903. Guess I got boned there. Much prefered the 502's grip.

Great review Linus! I have a wired G502 Spectrum and love it and I really want to get the wireless one but not for 150€. For 99€ I would have bitten but yeah I'll wait for it to get cheaper.

I don't see this on floatplane. what gives?

It's there now, and the place that it's at. You guys upload to floatplane then just uncheck hidden when it's due ?

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

I regularly go lan-parties. anything wireless becomes a messy pile of s**t there. Way too many sources on 2.4ghz, headphones, mouses, keyboards, the sorry piece of WiFi under all that, the neightbours using same wireless item and getting their input and vv and whatnot.

I don't think "lightspeed" will work much at those shitty conditions.

- No option to turn the RGB off in Linux because of no software support there.

- Oh, and the fact that it has that RGB nonsense to begin with. 

5 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

- No option to turn the RGB off in Linux because of no software support there.

- Oh, and the fact that it has that RGB nonsense to begin with. 

not that it is a handy dandy fix but you can orogram it with the software and it will store on the mouse(some functionality not available)

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP