LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Okay people! The guys over at RSI have opened up organisations finally! Lets get this ball rolling.

The ideas I've got going ATM is a Syndicate based organisation, that's a lot less rigid and more fluid than anything available. (I just like the idea of military-like rankings)

The basic idea is that there will be groups, such as mining group or a piracy group, those would have an elected representative, who will sit on a general council which will, in turn be run by a high council.

a basic diagram : 

2pP1rPU.jpg

UOLTT-Cover.jpg

The Rules are basically

•  Don't steal from, kill or extort any member within the group. 
  •  and Don't be an ass.

Law breaking will put you up against a trial consisting of members from the organisation, and a member of the council. Punishments could range from a fine to be paid to the victim, all the way to expulsion from the group and a general KOS order given towards you

The economic standpoint of the main rule is pretty obvious; if a pirate doesn't attack a group traders or explorers, then they can contribute to the overall wealth of the group as a whole. Which in turn benefits everyone within the group.

The military standpoint is this; Every member of the group will be a full member of the military within the group, and can be called in to act as a member in the event of war, however the pirates and other PvP orientated members will be drafted to fight first and other members if needed. It's still completely voluntary though, you'll just be trained either way.

The other standpoints are more governmental, my main thought is that there'd be a central council, with elected members from each group in the council, with a high council leading overall.

Each group would be subject to a tax, as almost every organisation subjects each member to, and those taxes will help fund various (possible) benefits for members of the group, such as discounted insurance, free refuelling at group owned stations, spare ships (should yours be destroyed in a fight or something) and so on

Each of the elected leaders are more or less free to run their group independent from the other groups, provided they pay taxes and stay within the confines of the group law. They can, however be vetoed decision wise by the general council and a vote of no confidence can be issued by either the high council or called for by the members of the group at which point the high council will step in and govern that group for a short time while elections are run to decide who would take over.

Right now, the High Council will consist of Me, Blade of Grass and Luke Larfinerieirierieirieirieireirerereer (aka Slick)

This of course can be negotiated as time goes by and members become more/less active.

I ask that you fill the poll above with the group that you'd like to join (the current groups are general groups and more can be added or taken out as people see fit) if you don't want to join one of the listed groups, please select 'other' and comment stating what group you'd like to join and why. I'll be monitoring the thread and adding in poll options as time goes by. The minimum requirement for a group to gain a Council seat will be 5 people and the Council must agree by majority to allow you in, or whether to make you a sub-section of another already created group.

Also, if you would like to join, please list your name and ship below. and I'll update the thread as more info becomes available

If you've got any questions, please ask and I'll answer,

Apply now!

(all applications will be accepted )

Please make sure you fill out the questionnaire! The link is the chat topic in the group IRC when you join!

If you're unsure about buying SC, give this video a nice watch;

EDIT : 27/01/14  Big thanks to @Shrubpig for the forum Logo and Banner

EDIT : 30/01/14  Big Thanks to @Joe4evr for making the new diagram 

EDIT : 30/01/14  We're now official! Luke has taken a place in the Admiralty

EDIT : 01/02/14  Added a notice to fill in the questionnaire!

EDIT : 09/02/14  Added SC pitch video to main post.

EDIT : 16/02/14  Added a Competition to get new Banner, Icon, Background and Logo, See more info here. Also huge thanks to @Nit3Rid3R and @wuzguy for the awesome info-graphic!

EDIT : 20/02/14  Huge thanks to @Wyzguy again for the Manifesto 

EDIT : 22/02/14  That's it everyone! 1000 members! Here's to the next 1k! 

So I want to be a fuel tanker but If I have to bring fuel to other people in our faction for free, will I be subsidized? And also, will there be a system for handing out grants to people who are willing to for example take an armed convoy to a hostile planet to mine or trade around there?

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

So I want to be a fuel tanker but If I have to bring fuel to other people in our faction for free, will I be subsidized? And also, will there be a system for handing out grants to people who are willing to for example take an armed convoy to a hostile planet to mine or trade around there?

I would love to see a discount for trade within the Org say a 25% cut in profit for goods and services or even cost pricing, but I think this would have to be decided by the trader or person selling the item it shouldn't really come down to the council to subsidise people. a grant system would be cool but it would be hard to control say you load 100,000 UEC to a 12 year old who says he is going to run a convoy to Omercron 5 and the 12 y/o actually uses it to go to a seedy space bar and blows it buying rounds of drinks. see hard to control.

I do think that some conglomerate owned infrastructure should be kept and maintained and that a subscription should be paid for continued membership, this could be used for upkeep and UOLTT projects.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

I would love to see a discount for trade within the Org say a 25% cut in profit for goods and services or even cost pricing, but I think this would have to be decided by the trader or person selling the item it shouldn't really come down to the council to subsidise people. a grant system would be cool but it would be hard to control say you load 100,000 UEC to a 12 year old who says he is going to run a convoy to Omercron 5 and the 12 y/o actually uses it to go to a seedy space bar and blows it buying rounds of drinks. see hard to control.

I do think that some conglomerate owned infrastructure should be kept and maintained and that a subscription should be paid for continued membership, this could be used for upkeep and UOLTT projects.

Yes we will need a UOLTT collection fund. Yes that is the inherent problem...the plausible 12 year olds. We need to make sure we are able to sustain a corporation but not some giant Welfare system ect we will need the funds to purchase massive capital ships and maintain the fleets ect. Also the players who play for a long time should be the ones who are rewarded and their contributions assured that they are properly used. 

If he is a tanker he will most likely collect it from another UOLTT member and thus the marginal income will be collecting money off other members so if he gets money from the UOLLT it will essentially be deducting money from the overall funds of the group. (my thoughts anyway...)

Why will there be grants....the armoured convoy will be our military so we will have benefits from the mining activity hence the overall group will benefit if we work together rather than seek grants. If we are able to mine loads of in game currency we will be able to sell it/make ships and hence we could be self sustaining essentially. 

So I see no reason to provide grants if the UOLTT is benefiting from the activities.  

So, our plan is to basically offer those services eventually (obviously we probably won't be able to initially, because it takes everyone some time to get on their feet) But once we're all set up, I'm sure we'll be able to offer that and much more ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

So, our plan is to basically offer those services eventually (obviously we probably won't be able to initially, because it takes everyone some time to get on their feet) But once we're all set up, I'm sure we'll be able to offer that and much more ^_^

Id say we take the communism approach!

Do we have any mortal enemies yet?

Take from the rich and give to the high council? Cause that is what communism is. Maybe you are thinking of something else.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Why will there be grants....the armoured convoy will be our military so we will have benefits from the mining activity hence the overall group will benefit if we work together rather than seek grants. If we are able to mine loads of in game currency we will be able to sell it/make ships and hence we could be self sustaining essentially. 

So I see no reason to provide grants if the UOLTT is benefiting from the activities.  

I can see where you're coming from, and my idea would be not to subsidise the convoy itself, but to give the members of the military a ship of their own to do with as they will for org missions. That or provide the weaponry. 

So, instead of giving grants, there'd probably be a system where, you'd get better equipped if you weren't already.

Yes we will need a UOLTT collection fund. Yes that is the inherent problem...the plausible 12 year olds. We need to make sure we are able to sustain a corporation but not some giant Welfare system ect we will need the funds to purchase massive capital ships and maintain the fleets ect. Also the players who play for a long time should be the ones who are rewarded and their contributions assured that they are properly used. 

If he is a tanker he will most likely collect it from another UOLTT member and thus the marginal income will be collecting money off other members so if he gets money from the UOLLT it will essentially be deducting money from the overall funds of the group. (my thoughts anyway...)

I agree with this.

My input on this would be for to have a membership fee and to have an income tax rate, both to be rather negligible numbers in %, but enough to sustain the org as a whole.

For example :

If the membership fee (paid once a month, or so) is 5k UEC, and the income tax is 10% then;

at our current numbers we'd pull in 850,000 UEC straight away. Then say the average job pays around 10,000 UEC, then we'd deduct 1k from that, which is a further 170k UEC from there if each member does a job like that.

Obviously there's still a lot of unknowns as to how much UEC will be worth, so we'll definitely adjust to fit with those. We want to be prosperous, without leaving you guys too out of pocket.

The things I'd hope to buy with that 1020000 UEC would be :

• Ships to power our fleet
  • To buy and maintain Space Stations
  • To provide (possible) Insurance through the org
  • To buy new star charts
  • To offer bonuses to our members in our owned space

Obviously not everything will come straight away. But that's what I hope to do with the UEC once we're set up and running.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

mayyyyybe.

But we'll be able to crush them under our heel ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Take from the rich and give to the high council? Cause that is what communism is. Maybe you are thinking of something else.

I meant the concept not the IRL, as long as I get paid I dont mind

-TONS AND TONS OF TEXT-.

I like the idea of income tax but not an entry fee. We should have it easily accessible to as many people as possible so we can collect maximum taxes muahaha. But I love where this group is going :D

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I like the idea of income tax but not an entry fee. We should have it easily accessible to as many people as possible so we can collect maximum taxes muahaha. But I love where this group is going :D

Not an entry fee per-se, a membership fee. The fact that there is one guarantees that we have at least some form of stable income for the org, even if the number is completely negligible (I want it to be such a small amount that it doesn't really matter, but as a collective income it's enough to buy things and keep the org running)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Not an entry fee per-se, a membership fee. The fact that there is one guarantees that we have at least some form of stable income for the org, even if the number is completely negligible (I want it to be such a small amount that it doesn't really matter, but as a collective income it's enough to buy things and keep the org running)

So will there be a benefit to a membership or is it a good will type thing? Also is it tax deductible?

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I'll just wait until the game starts before I make any decisions

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

So will there be a benefit to a membership or is it a good will type thing? Also is it tax deductible?

Everything is obviously still up in the air atm, as we don't know exactly how everything will work, but I'd want to have atleast some benefits to each. I would say on the tax thing that I'd like it to not extend too much into org contracts, if at all.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hows the tax for the military?Are we getting a bigger or less tax fee?

Since everything is up in the air I can't really answer all the questions you guys have. My main thing to say would be to wait until closer to the game launching when we know more about how everything will work, that way we can give more solid answers. Right now, it's all guesswork

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

ill say it now, I am not paying any membership fees/tax. the org should be sustained as a whole through self ventures. if the community feels it necessary to freely give UEC for a particular mission then that will be the beholders primary choice. I think that would be a better approach as it does not call on people to unwilling give up UEC for the "common good" of the organization.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I myself am going to give as much as i can even all i got ,just to see the org grow,and my goal will be collecting a big amount for the corvetts or carriers!

ill say it now, I am not paying any membership fees/tax. the org should be sustained as a whole through self ventures. if the community feels it necessary to freely give UEC for a particular mission then that will be the beholders primary choice. I think that would be a better approach as it does not call on people to unwilling give up UEC for the "common good" of the organization.

I'd be fine with allowing those who do not wish to contribute to the overall wealth and prosperity of the org to participate. However, I'd also say that since they contribute nothing to the org, you'd get no benefits from the org directly, should you follow that path.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

İ will be ok with giving taxes if the ORG does something thats usefull for everyone in the org for example buying a ship to go to war with :D

İ will be ok with giving taxes if the ORG does something thats usefull for everyone in the org for example buying a ship to go to war with :D

That's exactly where most of the money would go, to there and to maintain a space station for us all to hold as our own, run factories, buy materials, as well as (maybe) some org insurance coming from that too.

Again, though, I'd wait until things are more concrete CIG side of the fence before we make anything solid. But I would say that that's pretty much where the money would go

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'd be fine with allowing those who do not wish to contribute to the overall wealth and prosperity of the org to participate. However, I'd also say that since they contribute nothing to the org, you'd get no benefits from the org directly, should you follow that path.

I agree to that, very fair. For taxing and such, let's try to not pull an Obama here.

Do certain guilds get certain benefits/disadvantages?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I agree to that, very fair. For taxing and such, let's try to not pull an Obama here.

Do certain guilds get certain benefits/disadvantages?

All of this would be decided later on and closer hand to release; when we know more about how things would run

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler