LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

This is why I haven't played it yet because I know my Aurora would get ripped to shreds super quick. I'm just waiting for the Co-Op Swarm to play it with a friend.

Saying that I've watched a few people with an Aurora win, it really is player skill in that ship tho

[*]Turning is a pain.  I've found that it's either turning with no G-safe and passing out or keeping it on and slowing to a crawl and being killed mid-turn.  Slowing your turn up doesn't seem to remedy this effectively, but again, I was up against Hornets, there's not much I can really do to avoid those chain guns.  I honestly wish they had another mode that wouldn't kill the speed, but would require you to slow your turn radius based on your speed.  Sort of a resistance, much like some of the flight simulators I've played.  It's hard to judge it without that resistance because there's not much feedback to tell the pilot, 'hey, dummy, you're taking this turn too slow/fast'

resistance? Like wind? That would be weird considering we are in space. If it feels weird then it's probably because you spent most of your time playing Sims on earth? .

Then again it could be that they are not done with how the ships fly as well.

resistance? Like wind? That would be weird considering we are in space. If it feels weird then it's probably because you spent most of your time playing Sims on earth? .

Then again it could be that they are not done with how the ships fly as well.

Thanks for the sarcasm.  Really, it's critical to every conversation as it always promotes a good conversation.  

No, I was suggesting a system that would "simulate" the same experience.  They've already got Com-Stab and G-Safe.  They're great, but they reduce speed in favor of direction.  I was saying there should be an opposite in which you could reduce the rate at which you turn in favor of speed.  You kinda have to eyeball it if you exit G-Safe, to which there's isn't much of an indicator other than the greyscale tunnel vision (a nice touch, honestly).

That's another thing, I've noticed.  For being space, it's awful dirty out there.  Visibility is terribly "dusty" or blurred on Broken Moon, for what I would expect.  I'm all for immersion, but I'd think it would be a little clearer.

Thanks for the sarcasm. Really, it's critical to every conversation as it always promotes a good conversation.

No, I was suggesting a system that would "simulate" the same experience. They've already got Com-Stab and G-Safe. They're great, but they reduce speed in favor of direction. I was saying there should be an opposite in which you could reduce the rate at which you turn in favor of speed. You kinda have to eyeball it if you exit G-Safe, to which there's isn't much of an indicator other than the greyscale tunnel vision (a nice touch, honestly).

That's another thing, I've noticed. For being space, it's awful dirty out there. Visibility is terribly "dusty" or blurred on Broken Moon, for what I would expect. I'm all for immersion, but I'd think it would be a little clearer.

okay that made more sense, and I agree its damn dirty out there, too dirty.

Well you could take the suggestion to the RSI forum, maybe a dev will pick it up, or to Chris Roberts himself . I'm a subscriber so if you have a question/suggestions I could submit it for the "10 for the chairman"

Just hopped onto a multiplayer server and enjoyed a few rounds of AC.  Played the squad variant and was amused when 4 300is were teamed up against 3 Hornets.  After about 10 minutes, we only killed 3 and they had killed 9.

• Turning is a pain.  I've found that it's either turning with no G-safe and passing out or keeping it on and slowing to a crawl and being killed mid-turn.  Slowing your turn up doesn't seem to remedy this effectively, but again, I was up against Hornets, there's not much I can really do to avoid those chain guns.  I honestly wish they had another mode that wouldn't kill the speed, but would require you to slow your turn radius based on your speed.  Sort of a resistance, much like some of the flight simulators I've played.  It's hard to judge it without that resistance because there's not much feedback to tell the pilot, 'hey, dummy, you're taking this turn too slow/fast'.

The g-force indicator on the left side of the HUD really helps me figure out what I can do without blacking out in a 300i.

They have said that they don't plan to simulate atmospheric flight resistance in space, as it would require the thrusters to predict what you want to do before you did it.  

Speed and flight stuff are changing in the next couple of patches too, maybe they'll have figured something out for resistance type stuff.

The g-force indicator on the left side of the HUD really helps me figure out what I can do without blacking out in a 300i.

They have said that they don't plan to simulate atmospheric flight resistance in space, as it would require the thrusters to predict what you want to do before you did it.  

Speed and flight stuff are changing in the next couple of patches too, maybe they'll have figured something out for resistance type stuff.

See, and I'm thinking something much more simple

If speed =100, then TurnRatio=10% (or whatever)

If speed =50, then TurnRatio=75%

Obviously, it's more complicated, but that's the simple gist of the idea.  Basing your turn ratio on speed.  They already do the opposite, so, in theory, it should be possible.

the main issue in atmo flight is gravity, not resistance. If you can counter gravity, usually done thru lift from wings,  then flying is simply overcoming opposing resistance and not hitting stuff.

if we take for given that an upward thrust of one local gravity is appiled to the ship from thrusters.

then moving forward is done by applying a rearward push that exceeds the resistance of the air infront of the ship. as long as the ship knows which direction gravity is pulling compensation can be provided.

Saying that I've watched a few people with an Aurora win, it really is player skill in that ship tho

Well my skill level is like -100 so I'll be dead before I know what hit me :P

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

the main issue in atmo flight is gravity, not resistance. If you can counter gravity, usually done thru lift from wings,  then flying is simply overcoming opposing resistance and not hitting stuff.

if we take for given that an upward thrust of one local gravity is appiled to the ship from thrusters.

then moving forward is done by applying a rearward push that exceeds the resistance of the air infront of the ship. as long as the ship knows which direction gravity is pulling compensation can be provided.

I am having trouble with the not hitting stuff bit please advise?! 

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

i'm not even playing the game yet but i can give some advise about that depending on my flight sims :P when u're moving straight and see an object ahead you obviously change your direction. the hard part is when you're already in a hard turn and suddenly you see an object on your path. when that happens you just keep pulling the stick but give your ship a twist for 90-180 degrees and you're safe. also in a dog fight if there is someone at your 6 this will help you to not hit any objects and keep you safe from any locks or guns. you need to keep pulling the stick or someone behind you will shoot you easily. keep pulling the stick and turn left or right 90-180 degrees. i hope you can understand what i'm saying because it sounds terrible when i read with my derpy english :P

Hitting targets that are moving side to side, easiest way to get behind someone is to point your crosshairs roughly a centimetre behind the engines and follow there flight path and unload your stuff all over the engine

If your using a mouse you gonna struggle

Was thinking of picking up a hotas for this game.  The Thrustmaster X HOTAS is no longer $50 on Amazon.  Clearly people have been buying a lot of these.  I'm thinking of dropping by MicroCenter to see if they still have them in stock, but I'm wondering if there's any chance that a new model will come out?  With the pricing of current HOTAS modesl, I feel like there's really no middle ground.  It's either 50, $150, or well beyond.  Anyone found a joystick they like using that isn't HOTAS?  I'd love to take a look at some other options.  Was only looking at HOTAS for the fact that the throttle would be much easier to control than some of the joysticks I've seen.  Given that flight without G-Safe is nearly impossible without good throttle control, I'd like to easily manage it.

I ordered an x55 about a month ago ... amazon says it will ship in 1-3 more months :P 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

By any chance, do you know if you are able to use your own skin in game? It would be awesome to have your unique skin on your ship, not?

i dont think so for now, who knows, if they ask for the psd they will have it :)

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

i dont think so for now, who knows, if they ask for the psd they will have it :)

You thought of doing it yourself?

Did you get your Hotas yet? And that chair?

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

You thought of doing it yourself?

yes on all my ships if this is possible, i will make for lltt too

Did you get your Hotas yet? And that chair?

no, waiting, i only saw m50 in the hangar so far

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

can anybody explain me how to apply this things

i don't understand it LOL

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

can anybody explain me how to apply this things

i don't understand it LOL

Apply which things? Apply to the UOLTTC? Visit the org page :)

Apply the skins to ships? That's not possible (yet)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

i don't know what will i insert on that apllication bar

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q